Path of Exile

Xevy

Log Wizard
Curious how they'll do the resist threshold. I'm sure they'll make it hit at certain points like Act 3 -20 resists, act 6 -20resists again, but I kind of hope they just scale resists to ilvl better. Like instead of lvl 20 gear with +30 lightning it'll only be +15 or something. Could make some of the lower level bosses pretty rough though if you can't easily cap resists.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Since the whole game changes as you progress, a boss sucking off your resists kind of makes sense, as long as they make it obvious that it happened. Or maybe the teleport to Oriath will have unforeseen consequences. If you have two possibilities in ARPG, but one gives you bigger numbers and "feels" better, you go with that one.

Caliane

yeah. act 1-4. teleport to oriath -20. act 5-9. Teleport to oriath -40. makes sense to me. act 10+maps at merc -resists.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Need a new time burner after quitting hearthstone. I usually play D3 seasons for about 2 weeks. Is PoE too redundant with D3 to be worthwhile? Last time I tried it(idk...while ago?), the combat engine felt kinda rough. Has it improved since?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'd say PoE is better in all ways except the loot system, which is stingy as fuck.

They have updated the engine a few times, so it's better than it once was, depending when you last played.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Need a new time burner after quitting hearthstone

Exactly the same situation with me. I quit Hearthstone a couple of weeks back and not looking to go back. Been playing this since and it is fun.

Need an invite to the guild if possible!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Need a new time burner after quitting hearthstone. I usually play D3 seasons for about 2 weeks. Is PoE too redundant with D3 to be worthwhile? Last time I tried it(idk...while ago?), the combat engine felt kinda rough. Has it improved since?

I don't know about D3 (never played it), but I went over to PoE after quitting HS and it's been a lot of fun.

• 1Like

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Exactly the same situation with me. I quit Hearthstone a couple of weeks back and not looking to go back. Been playing this since and it is fun.

Need an invite to the guild if possible!
id so I can invite?

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
also legacy league sounds legit, got I can't wait to see what stupid build will come from this.

Last edited:

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
PoE only keeps my interest slightly longer than D3 seasons tbh
that lasts how long a d3 season is good for 10 days max? PoE is good for what about 20 days max for me it seems thats when everyone starts to die off then I lose interest.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Looks like some great stuff, not having to replay the game over and over is a great change for people who just want to level new chars and stuff. Sure the 2nd part reuses a ton of stuff but it's still different, the video they showed of the differences shows different weather/daytime(so the zones look very different), assets from a bunch of different places reused differently, new mob types as well as old mob types moved(kinda like Invasion) and all that. Overall it should be way less boring than just going through the same thing.

Also excited about the other stuff, they said there's a lot more stuff to the expansion(and it makes sense).

• 1Solidarity

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
HOT DOG!!! This is awesome,I better get a damn beta invite or i will still continue to throw money at this game. Im a sucker for those fucking boxes, have tabs full of duplicate shit like an idiot and i dont even care....yes i do.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I think it's historic that it's one play through to endgame. No difficulty levels anymore is a big paradigm shift for the genre.

I'm excited.

At work so I couldn't read the previews, but is that so different from D3? Could someone drop the relevant bullet points here?

D3 combat "feels" better, but is vastly inferior in holding attention. Personally I think D3 graphics are mostly better (as long as you don't zoom in, yuck), but that's a matter of taste. I play every D3 season and every PoE league. Usually spend three times as many hours in PoE throughout those 3 months.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
At work so I couldn't read the previews, but is that so different from D3? Could someone drop the relevant bullet points here?

D3 combat "feels" better, but is vastly inferior in holding attention. Personally I think D3 graphics are mostly better (as long as you don't zoom in, yuck), but that's a matter of taste. I play every D3 season and every PoE league. Usually spend three times as many hours in PoE throughout those 3 months.
It's different from D3 yeah. In D3, you play the game once(assuming you're a new player, if you're not you don't ever do story again), then you do rifts/bounties. Bounties are just the same game but you only do sort of sidequests shit in the same areas as the story ones, while rifts are entirely randomized content that's basically also the endgame.

In PoE after the rework, you simply get 10 acts to level through as your "story". This will take you all the way to the endgame, in one go. Once you've finished the story, or a bit before as they do usually, you can start mapping for endgame content. No grinding necessary(although people might still want to grind before maps some for building a map pool and what not).

In D3 unless you play on a stupid difficulty, the story doesn't take you all the way to cap(and if you play on easy, it actually leaves you with a bunch to grind). You also can't start the endgame until level cap really, while you can do rifts which are endgame content in function, the fact you can't get endgame items from it makes it not truly endgame. You can get legs to cube I guess but that's about the best you get from rifts pre 70.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider

A common complaint from new players is that everything feels "clunky." My advise would be don't judge the game at level 1... wait until your character is a bit more developed. Fresh PoE characters genuinely feel like you woke up in rags on a beach, which is what the devs were going for.

Once you're running around at 30+ percent move speed with much higher attack speed, using flasks, and slaughtering shit -- you'll likely think "This feels much more smooth."

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
D3 is a casual players ARPG with barely any challenge and bosses that might as well be normal rares. There is no guardians, shapers, or any semblance of a challenge once you’ve spent hundreds or even thousands of hours like my brother and I spent in D3. There’s no Uber Atziri to work tweaking your build and gear for to farm your gauntlets or axe as one example. To me PoE feels more like an MMO where I’m invested in my character and have an end goal of killing shaper with my build. Mathil as much shit as he takes from people aims to do shaper and all content and does it with whatever he enjoys. He just killed Uber Atziri and Shaper with Spark, not Vaal Spark just plain old spark. Path of Exile might have a meta where certain items or skills are OP for multiple leagues but their balancing lets you make custom builds for what you enjoy that might not be #1 but they still do the same raids.

The downside to PoE is if you don’t neckbeard / no life the first 48 hours then you are going to be pretty broke. Much like most MMOs this game rewards the people who no life and push into higher end content ASAP and control the market.

The one thing I don’t see them changing or that they haven’t announced is Uber Lab. That’s where the majority of people in my guild get to the 100+ exalt range on week 1 en masse. That method of getting rich relies on running Uber lab nonstop while farming max keys and making Izaro as difficult as possible for those keys. People then enchant white Hubris helms and sell them for 10c – 20ex (ie: discharge doesn’t consume charges).

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I've been pretty casual, I think I even started the league a few days late, got 0 exalt drops and still managed to gather a 30-50 exalt wealth (as items and shit). I had 2 x lvl 90 chars, 1 x ~80 and 1 x 60 this league. This was also the first league I defeated Atziri (not Uber) and had a nice enough char to do everything (HOWA ST) but I got burned up and haven't touched it since Christmas break.

Next league can't come soon enough.

HOWA char = goguissickofleveling

View Profile - Path of Exile - gogusrl

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
D3 is a casual players ARPG with barely any challenge and bosses that might as well be normal rares. There is no guardians, shapers, or any semblance of a challenge once you’ve spent hundreds or even thousands of hours like my brother and I spent in D3. There’s no Uber Atziri to work tweaking your build and gear for to farm your gauntlets or axe as one example. To me PoE feels more like an MMO where I’m invested in my character and have an end goal of killing shaper with my build. Mathil as much shit as he takes from people aims to do shaper and all content and does it with whatever he enjoys. He just killed Uber Atziri and Shaper with Spark, not Vaal Spark just plain old spark. Path of Exile might have a meta where certain items or skills are OP for multiple leagues but their balancing lets you make custom builds for what you enjoy that might not be #1 but they still do the same raids.

The downside to PoE is if you don’t neckbeard / no life the first 48 hours then you are going to be pretty broke. Much like most MMOs this game rewards the people who no life and push into higher end content ASAP and control the market.

The one thing I don’t see them changing or that they haven’t announced is Uber Lab. That’s where the majority of people in my guild get to the 100+ exalt range on week 1 en masse. That method of getting rich relies on running Uber lab nonstop while farming max keys and making Izaro as difficult as possible for those keys. People then enchant white Hubris helms and sell them for 10c – 20ex (ie: discharge doesn’t consume charges).

I don't think you really need to nolife first 48 hours, as long as you actually grind at some point. Some things are more profitable, some less and if you catch Mathil making a build quickly enough, you can make it rain in a single evening. Then you have high lvl maps, unique maps, lab enchants, ES items, rings/amulets, league specific drops (chayula splinters) and challenge specific items, which tend to be profitable for a long time.