Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
If your build is strong enough, just use breach/beyond/bloodlines, the rest only for the challenges and trade in all that's left, since they do almost nothing. 3 stones - 1 random new one. Especially strongboxes/shrines/prophecy/anarchy/ghosts are close to useless since they occur even without the leaguestones. I'm talking about the white ones, magic can have some pretty sweet mods, but they are also pretty rare.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
So they announced how the access to lab will change in 3.0 and the reddit thread is 90% bitching that it is even still in the game. Are people really that bad ?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it's the one place where you actually have to put up, instead of rerolling anything even remotely dangerous and you can't just deathzerg izaro

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The lab should be optional content since a lot of people dislike the gameplay (myself included). If it was just a lucrative farming area, I don't think anyone would mind since people could just ignore it if they choose, but it's a near required part of character advancement, so that shitty gameplay zone is forced on everyone.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
You have to do it once on each difficulty just like every other zone as you go through the game and there are plenty of shitty zones other than lab.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't enjoy lab but its only 3-8 minutes to do uber lab once and then if you don't want you don't go back.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The lab should be optional content since a lot of people dislike the gameplay (myself included). If it was just a lucrative farming area, I don't think anyone would mind since people could just ignore it if they choose, but it's a near required part of character advancement, so that shitty gameplay zone is forced on everyone.
Yeah it's the only zone you can't herp derp through. Uber lab is absolutely a lucrative farming area. Still, if you have a mobility skill, you can faceroll through almost all the trap segments, crude bow+blink arrow on switch makes all of them ez.

Ryanz

<Banned>
Lab feels awkward and out of place for an ARPG. I dislike it, not because it's difficult, but because it's annoying.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So they announced how the access to lab will change in 3.0 and the reddit thread is 90% bitching that it is even still in the game. Are people really that bad ?

Being bad has nothing to do with Lab being horribly tedious

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
You have to do it once on each difficulty just like every other zone as you go through the game and there are plenty of shitty zones other than lab.

While I don't mind the lab, that argument is hollow in light of the 3.0 changes where you no longer have to go through three difficulties of identical zone progression.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Is there a good movement skill for bow users? I essentially want shield charge as I've found it to be the least shitty in terms of delays and animation interruption. Blink arrow is ok, but the delay to initial casting is really killer. I think blink arrow is more akin to leap slam, flame dash, and warp: good for getting around changes in elevation, bad for getting your ass out of fire.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
While I don't mind the lab, that argument is hollow in light of the 3.0 changes where you no longer have to go through three difficulties of identical zone progression.

People love to complain but thankfully GGG does their own thing and keeps the game growing exponentially. I personally find it hilarious the amount of people complaining a zone that takes a handful of minutes to complete is too much to handle.

Yes, yes they are.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Is there a good movement skill for bow users? I essentially want shield charge as I've found it to be the least shitty in terms of delays and animation interruption. Blink arrow is ok, but the delay to initial casting is really killer. I think blink arrow is more akin to leap slam, flame dash, and warp: good for getting around changes in elevation, bad for getting your ass out of fire.

Im still noob but best IMO is still whirling blades. I know its not bow but still best. And ive tried them all. Leap slam is good at high levels linked correct, but still can be a bit wonky at times. 2nd best is shield charge IMO. The mage one, the lightning one is akin to blink arrow, a bit of a delay there. But for labs I think the blink arrow or lightning thing would be best IMO. Isnt there a way to link that blink arrow not to have delay?

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Im still noob but best IMO is still whirling blades. I know its not bow but still best. And ive tried them all. Leap slam is good at high levels linked correct, but still can be a bit wonky at times. 2nd best is shield charge IMO. The mage one, the lightning one is akin to blink arrow, a bit of a delay there. But for labs I think the blink arrow or lightning thing would be best IMO. Isnt there a way to link that blink arrow not to have delay?
For maps you want something spammable, but in lab you want something that can cross gaps, which allows you to neatly sidestep a lot of traps and puzzles.

Yo, I heard you like purple MTX: Forum - Announcements - Path of Exile and Twitch Prime Set To Partner Up Next Week! - Path of Exile avaiable starting may 23rd

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
I think the reason a lot of people hate Lab is because this game actually has a sizable hardcore population and Lab can have some seriously fucked up shit. Certain traps combined with other shit can basically almost instagib you. Izzaro, depending on his power ups, can be a real fucking asshole. Certain builds need their Uber Lab to be viable but just plain can't solo it until they get those skills. Certain builds are for AE clearing and just either kill the wrong shit during the Iz fight or can't kill Iz himself fast enough. There's a lot wrong with it, but I also think if you get a good build and good setup, it's awesome to farm. Especially 4+ keys and intricate lockers. In softcore I just save up a shit ton of offerings until I get 10-20, then wait for an easy intricate locker day and farm the fuck out of Death's Door boots. Then I sit on them for a few days until price goes back up (usually 2-4ex each) and sell them. I use a pair on almost every build too based on how bleed fucks high speed builds.