Path of Exile

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OK guys, I picked POE up about a month ago and I'm still in the learning phase. I hit level 80 yesterday and now I'm trying to fill out my atlas a complete some Legacy achievements. I am using a tanky Earthquake build but i'm not sure how to start optimizing gear. If someone wants to take a look at my character and let me know what gear slots are terrible and how to optimize in slots i'd appreciate it.

View Profile - Path of Exile - OUAriakas

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
OK guys, I picked POE up about a month ago and I'm still in the learning phase. I hit level 80 yesterday and now I'm trying to fill out my atlas a complete some Legacy achievements. I am using a tanky Earthquake build but i'm not sure how to start optimizing gear. If someone wants to take a look at my character and let me know what gear slots are terrible and how to optimize in slots i'd appreciate it.

Do merc lab
Get gloves, boots (+25% or more MS), helmet and with +75 or more hp and 60-70 combined resists, should cost like 1c each, maybe less.
5L the mace, don't link it yourself, buy it from poe trade or 6l whenver you can afford it.
The jewels you are using are trash, you want %life, but at least augment/regal the ones you have. There is no reason ever to use one line magic items when you are mapping.
Is the Spirit void node really necessary ? 1 Mana leech node was generally plenty, but YMMV

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
PoE in wide part is balanced around the leagues. The most important part being the first couple weeks when everyone is playing. Saying flasks like vinktars/dying sun trivialize the game is partly true but also arnt available to a wide part of the playerbase. Like you said yourself, you want people to kill stuff and get loot ... eventually. Right now they were doing it from day 2 and thats not what differentiated PoE from the rest. PoEs origins is a Demon Souls type game where death came readily and it became extremely popular for it before the inevitable nerfing of difficulty that came with an ever expanding playerbase. If this is actually a step back towards that game, I welcome it with open arms.

ES with Vaal Pact definitely needed the nerf and they confirmed instant leech sources like Atziris Acuities will be reworked to not handle ES. That will make it impossible to face tank one shots now which is a good start. Ziggyd also confirmed in his video that Rory is reworking reflect and volatile as well.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
The "is this item worth something?" guide. • r/pathofexile this will help you identify good gear

• 1Like

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Is that the pathfinder flask charge on crit strike? They changed it from giving a flask charge to every flask on crit (super op) to crits only giving a charge to one flask at a time (takes 5x as long to refill all your flasks). Not sure if it's still considered super good or not but it's definitely not on the level it used to be.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Lol was screwing around with a few items tonight and regal'd a wand into having t1 lightning and t1 cold damage, now I dunno what I want to do with it. Has 89 accuracy as a suffix so multi-mod is gonna be 4ex (2 to remove suffix and 2 for multi-mod) but it'd be a sexy wand then. Only 2 other wands on poe.trade for legacy league with t1 lightning and cold damage, one is mirror the other is 100ex (both have more spell damage than mine would tho with master-crafted spell dmg).

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
I have never played this game before Legacy League, and this is how it feels to me to play this game:
upload_2017-5-21_11-46-6.gif

Running through a bunch of Shaped Strand's nothing notable for map mods then all of a sudden, whoosh dead and no idea why, re-enter map, engage same creature, and kill it without even having life drop. I disagree with anyone who says this game is "harder" than Diablo 3, neither of them are particularly hard games it is just POE has a ton more shit to learn and not as easy to figure out how or why you died.

• 1Like

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
I disagree with anyone who says this game is "harder" than Diablo 3, neither of them are particularly hard games it is just POE has a ton more shit to learn and not as easy to figure out how or why you died.

Ehhh -- my friends have said the same thing... but... as Korrupt pointed out earlier in the thread: the vast majority of people who say there is no difference between the two make it about 10 percent through the "endgame." I don't know at what point you consider a D3 Season "beat", given the nature of Grifts, but running shaped strands is not close to the end. Unless the meta is totally fucking stupid now *cough* afk killing shaper.

And besides -- most of the people who kill the Shaper googled some OP as fuck pro build and copied it meticulously. I'm not knocking it, people ought to do whats fun... but if someone else puts in 1000s of hours to build up a vast resevoir of knowledge on how to best break the game, then they share it with you, and you use it to break the game... then... well... it's not really the game's fault that it feels easy now.

That being said, it used to be much more challenging... and I'm hoping that 3.0 brings back some of that classic feel. They've done a great job making it more approachable for new players -- PoE circa 2012 had absolutely atrocious retention rates. But the clear-speed meta and absolutely broken level of defense from ES is just getting kinda old.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Now this is a story all about how
ES got nerfed right into the ground
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I made our Int defences totally fair

At the top of the tree, it was nerfed and raised
On niche builds was where it spent most of its days
Not for min-maxin', just trying to be cool
If you didn't like life, CI was your tool
'Til Vaal Pact and GR let it put life to shame
Started making trouble in the metagame
It cakewalked the fights and the team got scared
We said, "You're getting a big rework 'til the meta's repaired."

I ground down the values on all of the gear
Had to buff some base types to keep it all fair
All to nerf what you could get from the best rare
Then I whipped up new life mods
That all armour could share

We dialed down some keystones, giving them all a flaw
We tweaked crafted mods and we added some more
So that's all the changes
But don't you be a hater
You'll try it all out and we'll tweak it in Beta

I love GGG
Development Manifesto: Energy Shield and Life • r/pathofexile

amazing

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider
Ehhh -- my friends have said the same thing... but... as Korrupt pointed out earlier in the thread: the vast majority of people who say there is no difference between the two make it about 10 percent through the "endgame." I don't know at what point you consider a D3 Season "beat", given the nature of Grifts, but running shaped strands is not close to the end. Unless the meta is totally fucking stupid now *cough* afk killing shaper.

And besides -- most of the people who kill the Shaper googled some OP as fuck pro build and copied it meticulously. I'm not knocking it, people ought to do whats fun... but if someone else puts in 1000s of hours to build up a vast resevoir of knowledge on how to best break the game, then they share it with you, and you use it to break the game... then... well... it's not really the game's fault that it feels easy now.

That being said, it used to be much more challenging... and I'm hoping that 3.0 brings back some of that classic feel. They've done a great job making it more approachable for new players -- PoE circa 2012 had absolutely atrocious retention rates. But the clear-speed meta and absolutely broken level of defense from ES is just getting kinda old.

I can agree with you on a lot of points.

It's like..... my firebats WD in season 9 diablo. I bet if I handed a new player the controls on the character and just said good luck, after weeks of trying they would be 3-4 rift levels below what I could do because they don't know how to min max the rifts.

What's different and what I'm talking about are those oh shit moments where you have no way to react and no real reason why all of a sudden your character with defensive flasks up gibs to the boss in a map you've ran dozens of times. Hence the Kenny spontaneously combisting gif. "What the hell just happened"

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
I can agree with you on a lot of points.

It's like..... my firebats WD in season 9 diablo. I bet if I handed a new player the controls on the character and just said good luck, after weeks of trying they would be 3-4 rift levels below what I could do because they don't know how to min max the rifts.

What's different and what I'm talking about are those oh shit moments where you have no way to react and no real reason why all of a sudden your character with defensive flasks up gibs to the boss in a map you've ran dozens of times. Hence the Kenny spontaneously combisting gif. "What the hell just happened"

What build did you end up deciding on by the way?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What build did you end up deciding on by the way?

Im trying the Dual Strike right now. Mara, bezerker. Man the low levels suck, im used to shit like earhquake just melting shit. 3.0 ill probably just go earthquake+warchief totem, but well see how this DS thing turns out. Still learning and trying to figure shit out.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
After I caught on to fishing for the zombie rifts to climb leaderboard in D3... Yeah

I feel ya on the wtf random death then you go back and don't lose a sliver of hp thing lol

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im trying the Dual Strike right now. Mara, bezerker. Man the low levels suck, im used to shit like earhquake just melting shit. 3.0 ill probably just go earthquake+warchief totem, but well see how this DS thing turns out. Still learning and trying to figure shit out.

Once we see the patch notes in about a week and the skill tree JSN file it will be pretty clear what the new meta is.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Repeat from guild chat, so sorry for those that read this enthralling topic already.

Is there, currently, a skill that compares to Kinetic Blast for screen clearing power? Lightning Arrow comes pretty close but doesn't hit as wide, is somewhat hampered by corners and doors, and can clear mobs to the side and behind you as they close to melee range. Also, LA doesn't benefit from shooting the wall like KB.

I always worry about experiencing the "best" then being disappointed when I have to try something new the next time.

Somewhat related: I know the time's coming when I'll need to gtfo with this build. As it is now, everything just gets mowed down. Izaro has been the only exception because haha, fuck your flasks. But I'd really love a good movement skill for a wander attack build and flame dash and lightning warp just plain fucking suck. Those skills might be ok with tons of cast speed. There's literally nothing else. Why are there whole types of builds allowed to exist without proper movement skill support?