Path of Exile

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Wooo to the twitch prime goodies, purple herald looks awesome and these will go nicely with the armor as well from the current boxes. Fuck i sound like my wife as she finds a new pair of shoes.....fucking MTXs.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Making a build that isn't viable until you get your uber lab ascendencies with no way to get them in the first place (whether by yourself or by getting a carry) would be like making a build that isn't viable without super expensive and rare uniques and complaining it's not viable because they didn't drop for you in your first 60 levels etc. I used to play hardcore all the time (wifi sucks now so I can't), there were plenty of times I waited til I was level 85+ to even try uber lab because I didn't want to rip my char, and there are always (even moreso on hardcore because it's probably more profitable) people who design their league starter chars to carry labs and bosses for people and do it all day long.

Dying on traps is not a build failure, that's a player failure 100% of the time. I've gotten carried through trap heavy uber labs on characters that have less than 3k effective life because i'm wearing crap levelling gear/tabula and just want my points. Some builds can't kill Izaro or kill the wrong stuff or can't kill argus (and thus can't get full-key runs), yes you're 100% correct. Some builds also can't kill guardians or shaper or uber atziri. Some builds also can't clear shaped strands/shores/poorjoys in 42 seconds flat. Not all builds are supposed to be equal in all forms of content.

I think 99% of people hate lab because they want all the OP stuff that comes from farming it (GG helm enchants, tons of profit from the chests, etc.) but don't want to actually farm it because they just want to be number 1 at everything by running shaped strands 19 hours a day.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Awesome news for the EU people left out of Purple -

Bex@GGG said:
Hey guys,

I just wanted to take a moment to address some of the concerns about the region block on the upcoming promotion that we're running with Twitch Prime. Normally, we would avoid promotions that exclude a portion of our users (and have done so in the past), however partnering with Twitch is a huge opportunity for the game and one that we believe will benefit the community as a whole by promoting the game and encouraging new players to join us for the release of The Fall of Oriath.

Twitch and Amazon are huge platforms for us to spotlight Path of Exile on. The Twitch Prime team is aware of this feedback, and they've generously offered to support a giveaway for the Path of Exile community (in conjunction with Alienware) which will take place during the Beta for The Fall of Oriath. This giveaway will be open to all regions and include prizes sponsored by Twitch/Amazon, Alienware hardware and also free microtransactions from us.

This promotion will help the growth of Path of Exile by putting it in the spotlight in the leadup to its largest expansion ever. While not everyone can take part directly, we hope that everyone will see the benefits of this exposure over time.

We apologise to those who have been excluded. Rest assured, wherever possible we try to make things as fair as we can to everyone in the community.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Looks ugly as fuck, I'll see if I can get a prime trial somewhere though since it's free shit.

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pretty sure if you have Amazon prime you have twitch prime by default

Yep. I just linked my Prime Account with Twitch Prime.

Steps:

1. Sign into Prime
2. Go to the Twitch Prime page and register a new account
3. You'll then have the option to link your Prime account to Twitch.

Takes about 2 minutes from start to end.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pretty sure if you have Amazon prime you have twitch prime by default
I don't have Amazon Prime though cause it's hot garbage over here. If it had the same benefits as the US one I'd definitely have it, but the only thing it does here in France(and I assume in most of europe) is overnight delivery and being able to stream some movies or some shit. No 20% discout off preorder of games, which is what I'd definitely buy it for. So yeah probably need to look into a trial, I did trials of amazon prime before to get free delivery then cancel it before the sub, so not sure if I can get one more.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
AND here we go -

Forum - Development Manifesto - Energy Shield and Life - Path of Exile

Vaal Pact
This keystone will no longer affect Energy Shield in any way. It will only apply to Life Leeched. This is because the higher effective health pool provided by Energy Shield trivialized some encounters where Vaal Pact let you restore all of your pool in under a second, if your damage was sufficient.

Ghost Reaver
This keystone had a huge downside for characters specialized in both Life and Energy Shield, as they could no longer leech any life, but had no penalty for pure Energy Shield Chaos Inoculation characters. Because of this, we've now added a multiplier to Energy Shield Recharge Rate to the keystone, so players will be trading Recharge Rate for leech.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't have Amazon Prime though cause it's hot garbage over here. If it had the same benefits as the US one I'd definitely have it, but the only thing it does here in France(and I assume in most of europe) is overnight delivery and being able to stream some movies or some shit. No 20% discout off preorder of games, which is what I'd definitely buy it for. So yeah probably need to look into a trial, I did trials of amazon prime before to get free delivery then cancel it before the sub, so not sure if I can get one more.

Youd need a US one anyway right? Just VPN over and try it.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Youd need a US one anyway right? Just VPN over and try it.
Na the promotion works here, it works in most of the big countries in central europe(UK france germany, forgot the rest). Anyway I'll look into it later, since shit's ugly I don't care either way.

ES nerfs seem heavyhanded, but I guess it makes sense with how easy it was to switch lately. Other changes look kinda whatever, life is a bit better but not much and evasion/armor changes probably won't help that much.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Not sure what the ghost reaver change means fully.... are they removing the ES leech completely instead of just instant leech or will it still be a slow leech with recharge rate added...? How does ghost reaver even work without having vaal pact since leech rate is based on a percent of max life, does it go off of percent max es? Even if it does it'd probably be too slow to be effective since life leech feels like ass without having any of the leech rate passives/items. Also, I know mathil has said it before in videos (and i'm sure other people) but the problem with vaal pact isn't so much that it was amazing for CI builds as it is amazing for literally any build and almost mandatory for most that aren't totems/support.

I feel like making a huge nerf to ES (they say 33% reduction in their post so assuming that hits all items I can easily see it being hard as shit to hit anything over 7k es now if you aren't playing one of the super-ES tank builds with ephemeral edge and/or the other uniques) on top of nerfing vaal pact is going to make CI impossible for anything but essence drain or totems maybe. My duelist is lvl 84 and has 6k life using a chest piece that has 0 life (cospri's will) and a carnage heart so not really any life on the ammy either, if he had life on those 2 pieces he'd be at 7k easily and I can still take like 25% more for my next 6 passives on the tree (but i'm probably going to take dps, not sure yet).

I think it's funny too that they say ghost reaver is bad for chars that use life and ES because you don't get life leech when literally the only people using life and ES are low-life builds who don't need life leech anyways because if they are losing life they are already dead... I also don't see much difference between a 15k ES char abusing vaal pact to trivialize things or an 8k life char doing the same thing because it's all trivial if you don't get 1shot with vaal pact regardless of if you're life or CI and there are plenty of life based builds that trivialize the content just as much as ES chars, they just don't happen to be as popular at the moment.

Guess it'll be Path of Marauders and Duelists this time around.

DaliLhama

Golden Squire
Do that many people farm hard content on ez mode for these changes? Kinda burtal it seems unless they remove the delay to es recharge then go ahead nerf away.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not sure what the ghost reaver change means fully.... are they removing the ES leech completely instead of just instant leech or will it still be a slow leech with recharge rate added...? How does ghost reaver even work without having vaal pact since leech rate is based on a percent of max life, does it go off of percent max es? Even if it does it'd probably be too slow to be effective since life leech feels like ass without having any of the leech rate passives/items. Also, I know mathil has said it before in videos (and i'm sure other people) but the problem with vaal pact isn't so much that it was amazing for CI builds as it is amazing for literally any build and almost mandatory for most that aren't totems/support.

I feel like making a huge nerf to ES (they say 33% reduction in their post so assuming that hits all items I can easily see it being hard as shit to hit anything over 7k es now if you aren't playing one of the super-ES tank builds with ephemeral edge and/or the other uniques) on top of nerfing vaal pact is going to make CI impossible for anything but essence drain or totems maybe. My duelist is lvl 84 and has 6k life using a chest piece that has 0 life (cospri's will) and a carnage heart so not really any life on the ammy either, if he had life on those 2 pieces he'd be at 7k easily and I can still take like 25% more for my next 6 passives on the tree (but i'm probably going to take dps, not sure yet).

I think it's funny too that they say ghost reaver is bad for chars that use life and ES because you don't get life leech when literally the only people using life and ES are low-life builds who don't need life leech anyways because if they are losing life they are already dead... I also don't see much difference between a 15k ES char abusing vaal pact to trivialize things or an 8k life char doing the same thing because it's all trivial if you don't get 1shot with vaal pact regardless of if you're life or CI and there are plenty of life based builds that trivialize the content just as much as ES chars, they just don't happen to be as popular at the moment.

Guess it'll be Path of Marauders and Duelists this time around.
I'm a life-based assassin with over 6k life.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
So one thing i'm sort of confused by is the dev post says they figure players should still be able to hit 15k ES with good gear but I have no clue how they come to that conclusion (I haven't played CI in a while). I'm going to assume they are calculating guardian supports or w/e the popular support is these day that lets things like Pohx's RF char hit 85k es in a couple of his videos? I just don't see how they expect someone to hit 15k ES when they're losing hundreds of ES on every piece of gear which all gets multiplied out by the 200-250% that people get on their tree and whatever their int bonus ends up being, and also taking out 40% from ring crafts, and also nerfing discipline by like 100 es (33% is somewhere around 100, I don't feel like looking up the exact number atm)...

I dunno how I feel about their reasoning behind the nerfs being "The combination of a huge effective health pool and complete access to recovery mechanics removed almost all of the challenge from the very toughest encounters in the game." when you have things like the wand builds killing hydra in literally 2 seconds before she even gets an attack off etc. (that has literally nothing to do with a 25k es pool and recovery mechanics) or the fact that you can look up life based builds on youtube that afk through shaper, guardians, red maps etc. (just youtube for "poe afk gone meta" if it hasn't been linked in this thread before).

Will be interesting to see if they're going to nerf the shit out of flasks or not since I think 99% of the playerbase can agree that they are more responsible for trivializing any content in the game than anything and everything else combined (hai2u dying sun/vinktar/wise oak now).

In the end all it's going to do is change what the meta builds are and change item prices around but i've never been a fan of big nerfs in any arpg including a bunch of the ones they've done with poe in the past (i'm still mad about my old dual spork totem char from way back in the day deep down). The whole point of this genre is to kill stuff and get loot not to spend 37 minutes fighting a boss like it was an MMORPG raid or Demon Souls type game...

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Now this is a story all about how
ES got nerfed right into the ground
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I made our Int defences totally fair

At the top of the tree, it was nerfed and raised
On niche builds was where it spent most of its days
Not for min-maxin', just trying to be cool
If you didn't like life, CI was your tool
'Til Vaal Pact and GR let it put life to shame
Started making trouble in the metagame
It cakewalked the fights and the team got scared
We said, "You're getting a big rework 'til the meta's repaired."

I ground down the values on all of the gear
Had to buff some base types to keep it all fair
All to nerf what you could get from the best rare
Then I whipped up new life mods
That all armour could share

We dialed down some keystones, giving them all a flaw
We tweaked crafted mods and we added some more
So that's all the changes
But don't you be a hater
You'll try it all out and we'll tweak it in Beta

I love GGG
Development Manifesto: Energy Shield and Life • r/pathofexile

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So one thing i'm sort of confused by is the dev post says they figure players should still be able to hit 15k ES with good gear but I have no clue how they come to that conclusion (I haven't played CI in a while). I'm going to assume they are calculating guardian supports or w/e the popular support is these day that lets things like Pohx's RF char hit 85k es in a couple of his videos? I just don't see how they expect someone to hit 15k ES when they're losing hundreds of ES on every piece of gear which all gets multiplied out by the 200-250% that people get on their tree and whatever their int bonus ends up being, and also taking out 40% from ring crafts, and also nerfing discipline by like 100 es (33% is somewhere around 100, I don't feel like looking up the exact number atm)...

I dunno how I feel about their reasoning behind the nerfs being "The combination of a huge effective health pool and complete access to recovery mechanics removed almost all of the challenge from the very toughest encounters in the game." when you have things like the wand builds killing hydra in literally 2 seconds before she even gets an attack off etc. (that has literally nothing to do with a 25k es pool and recovery mechanics) or the fact that you can look up life based builds on youtube that afk through shaper, guardians, red maps etc. (just youtube for "poe afk gone meta" if it hasn't been linked in this thread before).

Will be interesting to see if they're going to nerf the shit out of flasks or not since I think 99% of the playerbase can agree that they are more responsible for trivializing any content in the game than anything and everything else combined (hai2u dying sun/vinktar/wise oak now).

In the end all it's going to do is change what the meta builds are and change item prices around but i've never been a fan of big nerfs in any arpg including a bunch of the ones they've done with poe in the past (i'm still mad about my old dual spork totem char from way back in the day deep down). The whole point of this genre is to kill stuff and get loot not to spend 37 minutes fighting a boss like it was an MMORPG raid or Demon Souls type game...

PoE in wide part is balanced around the leagues. The most important part being the first couple weeks when everyone is playing. Saying flasks like vinktars/dying sun trivialize the game is partly true but also arnt available to a wide part of the playerbase. Like you said yourself, you want people to kill stuff and get loot ... eventually. Right now they were doing it from day 2 and thats not what differentiated PoE from the rest. PoEs origins is a Demon Souls type game where death came readily and it became extremely popular for it before the inevitable nerfing of difficulty that came with an ever expanding playerbase. If this is actually a step back towards that game, I welcome it with open arms.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user