Path of Exile

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Beta is not worth it imo. It's content incomplete, it's gonna be wiped several times and there are no new league mechanics. Better to get PoE blue balls and just blow your load by nolifing the first few days post launch. Maybe if you want to play HC post launch, since judging by old Act 4 tuning, they like things difficult.

Its still worth it to check it out and run through it a few times, get your bearings, zone layouts, which quests give the passives and shit. So youre not going in blind when new league opens. The race to the top is real with new league, and this practice is a good thing. Plus you can see first hand what they nerfed, buffed, etc. To help make your first new league build.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Some new gems....

zT2dsFT.png

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bandit changes....

All changes:

Alira: 5 mana regeneration/sec, 20% critical strike multiplier, 15% all elemental res

Kraityn is 6% increased attack speed /Increased cast speed / 3% attack dodge / 6% Movement speed

Oak is 1% life regeneration/second, 2% physical damage reduction, 20% increased physical damage

Eramir: 2 passive points

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
hmm to buy into beta or not. decisions decisions

things will change so much I almost just wanna wait for the first 3.0 season

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
well fuck I did it. downloading beta client now. gonna go assassin crit bow something

Xevy

Log Wizard
Decay looks like it's going to be nerfed. That's basically giving poison to anyone who has a 5th or 6th slot. Maybe that's them making up for fixing double dipping. I wish WIP (shield throw I'm guessing) was more detailed. Looks like it's basing damage off your shields defenses, but only AR/Ev. Could be pretty good depending on scaling considering you can get like 1k Armor/ 1k Ev shields (albeit with no health on them).

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I like how Kiroy lasted all of 30 minutes lol

lol I typically put in a solid month every season till I burn out, but it's a good fun month of quality gaming. This is my favorite diablo style game on the market, pretty much has been since they started doing seasons, it's so fucking fun until I burn out.

I've farted around a bit in the beta, think imma spend it kinda figuring out my own builds and fucking around.

The minimap is 1000x better already, it's almost to good for races ect. but I don't do those so all good.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah I think they might change the map draw distance on objects, it's A LOT easier finding stuff currently cause you see doors/objects way further than your actual vision. I don't think it's intended. Also shows secret passages in the labyrinth sometimes(seems to disapear when you get close enough, but they're visible at first so you know where to look).

I've been going it at it pretty casually, enjoying the new stuff. I'm near the start of act 6 only, new content is pretty interesting so far. Liking the skill tree changes over on the witch side, moving the hp nodes in the center makes it a lot stronger early on, and I'm using the new MoM nodes(not sure if these are new or not haven't played in a while), actually feels pretty tanky.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone far enough in the beta to tell if they've changed the whole shit kills you instantly problem? Was just farting around on a flicker strike character and a rogue exile hit me in a T8 map for 3/4th of my life(4.4K). Stunned me and dead. I was really hoping since I was playing a life based character, I could go without stun immunity, but I guess not.

Kinda silly how many of the difficulties of the game must be removed or you get your shit pushed in. And even then, you still do.

I've been playing a bit of D3 and PoE the last few weeks and at the endgame, D3 has a huge advantage of telling you about dangerous packs and then letting you react to them. PoE does neither and it really stings when paired with that xp loss.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have to say the new minimap is really good now, highlights things that matter and is clean and minimal.

Caliane

Cyclone is smooth as butter. Pathing changes are nice.

Boss difficulty is a stepup. Its a raw progression now. act5 bosses are mechanically harder then malachai. minibosses have crazy shit. Goat boss in act6 sidequest takes 3 areas.
Some of the difficulty is the change in progression vs resists.
Used to be you had lab and malachai for level 35-40 hard. Then, took your resist penalty, and had 2 acts of easy content to gear up before things started getting "hard" again in act3 and 4.
Now, things are immediately hard. Getting resists up and capped for the 2 act 5 bosses is important. the goat boss in act6, hell yes.(fire) Lightning boss in act6 possibly. she was easier to dodge imho. act 7 boss. chaos.

On the other hand, its weird to have story bosses so weak. Malachai is now normal, and ONLY normal. no more merc malachai.

Last edited:

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
The supporter sets look pretty weak. I dropped $100 for the Hydra armor but I think I'll pass on these.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Really? I thought I'd just buy the cheapest pack for beta access but when I saw the cool leather set thing I just bought the 60$ pack instead, looks great imo, unlike most of the set which are fucking shiny "look at me" kind of stuff. Matter of taste in the end I suppose. Only issue is I now have like 1000points or whatever and I still don't know what to buy. I'll probably upgrade a bunch of stash to custom if I catch a sale.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Wish I didn't find this thread.....for some reason decided to read some of the newer posts, and decided to try this game out just a month ago. Now totally addicted. This game is like way complicated but I think that is the allure, it's so much less cookie cutter than Diablo 3 is. I went maurader, then fucked up and ascended into berserker thinking that I could just lifesteal and pummel my way to victory. Instead I was dying every few minutes and no longer progressing. Decided to finally look shit up online at the forums, went to Ancestral Warchief double totems, and been doing a lot better ever since. Currently I'm level 82 and doing tier 7-8 maps. Too late to go Chieftan ascendancy but oh well, still having fun and discovering new shit all the time. I'm not sure what to expect once league is over and my toon gets transferred over to standard......funner to continue in standard and finish up end game content, or start over in new league? Maybe a bit of both I dont know. Next time I think I'm gonna roll necro and try to be a summoner.

Biggest drawback to the game imo is the trade system. I basically haven't done any trading at all because it's not intuitive. I know about poe.trade but that seems cumbersome to me. I wish there was an ingame auction house, but I'm betting that's been a dream of players for years now. As it stands, I'm playing this game like the singleplayer, you-can't-trade-with-anyone variant. A lot of this game isn't user-friendly and you need to go to tertiary sites to figure things out, but not that big a deal. Probably the best F2P game I've ever played, there is so much value in this game. I've already spent some money buying inventory tabs and such, will definitely be spending more once I get a better feel for the game.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Wish I didn't find this thread.....for some reason decided to read some of the newer posts, and decided to try this game out just a month ago. Now totally addicted. This game is like way complicated but I think that is the allure, it's so much less cookie cutter than Diablo 3 is. I went maurader, then fucked up and ascended into berserker thinking that I could just lifesteal and pummel my way to victory. Instead I was dying every few minutes and no longer progressing. Decided to finally look shit up online at the forums, went to Ancestral Warchief double totems, and been doing a lot better ever since. Currently I'm level 82 and doing tier 7-8 maps. Too late to go Chieftan ascendancy but oh well, still having fun and discovering new shit all the time. I'm not sure what to expect once league is over and my toon gets transferred over to standard......funner to continue in standard and finish up end game content, or start over in new league? Maybe a bit of both I dont know. Next time I think I'm gonna roll necro and try to be a summoner.

Biggest drawback to the game imo is the trade system. I basically haven't done any trading at all because it's not intuitive. I know about poe.trade but that seems cumbersome to me. I wish there was an ingame auction house, but I'm betting that's been a dream of players for years now. As it stands, I'm playing this game like the singleplayer, you-can't-trade-with-anyone variant. A lot of this game isn't user-friendly and you need to go to tertiary sites to figure things out, but not that big a deal. Probably the best F2P game I've ever played, there is so much value in this game. I've already spent some money buying inventory tabs and such, will definitely be spending more once I get a better feel for the game.

Playing this game like the singleplayer, you-can't-trade-with-anyone variant is actually an option built in. Check out the solo self found leagues. Also id restart with the new leagues in a month and a bit since theres 5 new acts coming out. The boss fights, etc, will be more of a thrill if you are on a new character for them.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You can respec your ascendancy, 5 regrets per point.

Playing PoE SSF seems masochistic, more so than the end game already is.

Mizake

Trakanon Raider
Playing this game like the singleplayer, you-can't-trade-with-anyone variant is actually an option built in. Check out the solo self found leagues. Also id restart with the new leagues in a month and a bit since theres 5 new acts coming out. The boss fights, etc, will be more of a thrill if you are on a new character for them.

Thx for the advice, that sounds like it would be fun. Will re-roll then when the new league comes out. I like how I'm constantly learning and getting a better understanding of the mechanics of this game, which is pretty in-depth. On a different note, I just got a loot filter last week, I can't believe I played for like a month without one lol. Too many times dying before because there was so much crap on the ground I couldn't click properly. Or staring at the dozens of white items trying to find the ones that were 5 or 6 sockets. Loot filter was definitely a game changer, in case there is anyone else new reading this thread.