Path of Exile

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Burnt through about 9ex today trying to craft some more gear to mess around with a frost blades char on and got jack and shit (well, had some fairly nice items but not as good as I was looking for or good enough to sell for a decent chunk but I rolled over it cause i'm lazy and it takes way too long to trade this late in the league).

Oh yeah, and I slammed +3 flat es on a hubris that had t1 es% t1 hybrid t1 int t2 res on it, that one hurt.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My wife's account has amazon prime and my amazon account is linked to hers and I can use prime stuff just fine. Anyone had any success linking their twitch account to their amazon account and having access to twitch prime in this scenario?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I could use some tips on flask management on bosses. On my previous character(frostblades), all my flasks had enough charges for two uses. 90% of the time, that's enough to kill the boss, even with FB's shitty single target dps. But I do remember running into some problems like the boss of sulphur wastes. He easily lasted beyond two flask usages and would kill me after they ran out.

I'm having the same problem on my elemental wander, except now vinktar's is involved, so it's only after one usage, my sustain and dps plummet.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This will be my first time to races. Been watching videos all morning and some of those look really fun, like Descent Champions, etc...

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
There isn't much to flask management on bosses. Once you run out generally you either die or portal out to refill them. If you have surgeons and/or the pathfinder surgeons etc. then you can always just try kiting around til you hit enough crits to get more uses. Once you reach certain thresholds on wanders you'll start melting the bosses before your flasks run out.

Races are great, I love 'em (not so much the 1week+ races, I like the short ones that are 8 hours or less), will have to take part in some of these ones.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
He does not play in standard. He plays leagues exclusively.

His character hes playing now has about 2500 Ex on him in items and currency, lol. This dude is a douche, but knows the PoE economy inside and out.

He actually says to stay away from standard because econ is controlled by like 5 peeps.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
There's definitely a whole lot of "automation" potential similar to the WoW AH. I'm surprised there hasn't been a tool written to scan poe.trade for market trends and such. Maybe the "have to be on" in order to list items ruins that.

Unrelated: for moving around between packs, is it better to use a skill like shield charge, whirling blades, or leap slam or just get a "quicksilver of adrenaline" flask?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I think people have to be logged in for the API to see their shit. But dides like him know the items inside and out just by looking at them and know the price and what its worth based on current trends. There is also shit like streamer effects, such as Mathil, in which he builds around some items and the market explodes after, for those certain items until his next build.

Most use a movement skill. The melee use leap slam or shield slam if they are using shield, the other dex classes use whirling blades. Whirling blades is definitely nice. There is flame dash as well for the int dudes.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
There's definitely a whole lot of "automation" potential similar to the WoW AH. I'm surprised there hasn't been a tool written to scan poe.trade for market trends and such. Maybe the "have to be on" in order to list items ruins that.

Unrelated: for moving around between packs, is it better to use a skill like shield charge, whirling blades, or leap slam or just get a "quicksilver of adrenaline" flask?
There's definitely space for a custom tool to scan trades and snipe the lucrative ones, I wouldn't even be surprised if there was a private one, since the RMT market must be blooming, especially with GGG regularly making absolutely broken items that are available only for limited time or fresh economies giving you incentive to gear up fast by any means.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I think people have to be logged in for the API to see their shit. But dides like him know the items inside and out just by looking at them and know the price and what its worth based on current trends. There is also shit like streamer effects, such as Mathil, in which he builds around some items and the market explodes after, for those certain items until his next build.

Most use a movement skill. The melee use leap slam or shield slam if they are using shield, the other dex classes use whirling blades. Whirling blades is definitely nice. There is flame dash as well for the int dudes.

I could see shield charge, but the others have never felt right. Leap slam is the same cast time regardless of distance covered. Whirling blades has that weird finishing animation. You definitely can't use flame dash, it only has 3 charges.

For reference, shield charge gives +75% movement speed while quicksilver of adrenaline gives +60%-+70%. I wish the mechanics were better known, or can I just simply compare those two on movement speed?