Path of Exile

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Whirling blades along with shield charge are like the premiere movement to have in late game it only gets faster until it literally looks almost like an instant TP. Its a life saver especially vs the big bosses. Leap slam is more clunky, but still works to move your ass away in a hurry if need be.

VS

Seems about the same...

Of course it matters what type of character youre rolling too. Since you will never level that whirling blades skill to 20 on a pure STR or INT build.

Last edited:

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
There's definitely a whole lot of "automation" potential similar to the WoW AH. I'm surprised there hasn't been a tool written to scan poe.trade for market trends and such. Maybe the "have to be on" in order to list items ruins that.

edit: meant to reply to Zaphid'd speculation that private ones exist.

They obviously do exist. I've seen enough posts by people mad that other people keeping beating them to important poe.trade items even with the poe.trade set to instant-auto-refresh.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
There is a for-pay poe.trade which updates quicker but I think DW is talking about a program running that basically does business intelligence on the data to show like "X item has gone up Z amount in Y hours" to show this is a strong item to buy and sit on for a day or two and then flip

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yes, exactly that Tenks. Who the fuck is buying shit like Jeweler's Orbs for Chaos Orbs if not to just play currency fluctuations?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Farting around with a Flicker Strike Slayer until 3.0. In a 5L, you need Flicker Strike and Multistrike. I took Impact, so I'm not including Melee Splash as required. I took Increased Crit Chance as "required" just to make frenzy charge generation more consistent.

So, the last two spots are Melee Physical(highest damage) and...Phys to Lightning? Added Fire does more straight damage but I'm thinking that Phys to Lightning is the only way a build like this is going to generate enough damage to shock stuff. Aside from Vinktar's, but that seems a bit out of place in this build since it doesn't have much(any?) WED.

Why do none of the non-poison-based build guides suggest using Phys to Lightning or Vinktar's for shocking stuff?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Farting around with a Flicker Strike Slayer until 3.0. In a 5L, you need Flicker Strike and Multistrike. I took Impact, so I'm not including Melee Splash as required. I took Increased Crit Chance as "required" just to make frenzy charge generation more consistent.

So, the last two spots are Melee Physical(highest damage) and...Phys to Lightning? Added Fire does more straight damage but I'm thinking that Phys to Lightning is the only way a build like this is going to generate enough damage to shock stuff. Aside from Vinktar's, but that seems a bit out of place in this build since it doesn't have much(any?) WED.

Why do none of the non-poison-based build guides suggest using Phys to Lightning or Vinktar's for shocking stuff?

It makes it so most of your damage is elemental damage and elemental reflect mobs can outright kill you. Spreading it 50/50ish is best to not explode on reflect mobs.

Does anyone know how long this beta is going to last? Trying to decide if I wanna dive in or just keep playing ESO. Also, if anyone is new and needs some advice PM me. I got like 2.5k hours here. :( RIP IRL

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Beta should be around 4-5 weeks. Legacy league ends July 11th and 3.0 release is a few days after that.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anyone know how long this beta is going to last? Trying to decide if I wanna dive in or just keep playing ESO. Also, if anyone is new and needs some advice PM me. I got like 2.5k hours here. :( RIP IRL

5-6 weeks, probably wont see launch and the league until the start of august.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It makes it so most of your damage is elemental damage and elemental reflect mobs can outright kill you. Spreading it 50/50ish is best to not explode on reflect mobs.
Good point! I put it on my ancestral warchief instead. i r smrt

Ryanz

<Banned>
kinda want to get the kitava set reminds me of a dwarf with lava Armour.

I almost pulled the trigger on it until I really thought about it, and you're only getting 1 extra armour set for an additional $240. Kinda crazy honestly.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Beta is not worth it imo. It's content incomplete, it's gonna be wiped several times and there are no new league mechanics. Better to get PoE blue balls and just blow your load by nolifing the first few days post launch. Maybe if you want to play HC post launch, since judging by old Act 4 tuning, they like things difficult.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Beta is not worth it imo. It's content incomplete, it's gonna be wiped several times and there are no new league mechanics. Better to get PoE blue balls and just blow your load by nolifing the first few days post launch. Maybe if you want to play HC post launch, since judging by old Act 4 tuning, they like things difficult.
that is true
I almost pulled the trigger on it until I really thought about it, and you're only getting 1 extra armour set for an additional $240. Kinda crazy honestly.
yeah I know that is a valid point.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
This amulet dropped just now:

28% WED
29% crit multi
15% max ES
33% fire resist
40% cold resist

How much is that worth? I feel like it's worth a lot but I can't find anything similar on poe.trade. The increased max ES seems to goofing things up.