Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Grinding to 100 without sextants before was insane, sextants added a niche way to make XP much better with a heavy investment and it was fine. This league all of a sudden the magic find craze has hit popularizing sextants exploding their cost and people now think they are mandatory for anything.

Level 98 with the new formula feels like the old 99 did, so confusing that they balance the game around a handful of streamers who are using 10-20ex a day on sextants and rolling maps.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I seem to hit about 88-90 or so and stall out every time, then get an itch to reroll something else. I really see no purpose to get to 100 other than just saying, Hey! I got to 100. I also think that doing one map over and over for 2-3 weeks to get there is madness.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
I dunno, sextants exploded a couple leagues ago too when someone made that reddit post about getting 4k exalts in 2 hours or whatever it was with his sextant blocking shenanigans.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also while this game has made big strides in making the end game really better than it was, I feel there is still too many one shots where youre like WTF just happened, basically erasing the last few hours of grind. I feel a log would be really cool explaining some shit to you WTF just happened. Maybe when youve been playing this game for years you know what just happened, but for peeps like me its just a mystery 1/2 the time. Yeah they have come great lengths with the volitiles and other shit but there is still some shit left they need to work on.

Also RNG really is getting to be shit in this game. So many mods on items that it really becomes like hitting the lottery getting a worthwhile item anymore. And dont get me started on map RNG. Fuck, with my first character I think I was stuck on tier 6-7 maps for ever until I finally broke into T10+.I mean you can always buy your way there, but meh...

So yeah I like the new elder and shit they added to the end game, but I feel they still really need to add more. Its liek they design this shit for peeps with 16 hour gaming sessions. I mean how may people will really get to 95 let alone 100 in a 3 month league in say 4-5 hour a day play times which I would still say is pretty hard core?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
The ride to 90 is still easy enough and GGG said repeatedly that 100 should be close to unattainable, which I'm fine with. Without an optimized speedclearing build, you aren't realistically hitting it no matter what anyway. RNG is RNG, cards help a lot and honestly if you know what to roll, it's not so bad. Unless you are hell bent on SSF, trading is obviously kept in mind while designing new items. As ridiculous shaper/elder items are, they are by no means required, no more than lvl 21 gems, lvl 3 empower or lab enchants.

Most of your deaths happen because you stacked the deck against you too much, either went too fast to process all the shit the game throws at your or you ommited something. I had to laugh at myself for pulling a Ziz on my GC miner - rare strongbox which I parked next to with mines and a totem, popped it, saw DD - "alright, everything shatterred anyway" - guarded by a rogue exile - "He's dead instantly anyway, extra loot, yay" ... wait a second, RIP.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Well either way, this game has come a long way in the past 2 yrs Ive been playing it. Hopefully the improvements keep coming.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Shaped Vault boss is fucking annoying for us totem pals

Seeing a cyclone pal push him around till he splats by comparison ugh

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The ride to 90 is still easy enough and GGG said repeatedly that 100 should be close to unattainable, which I'm fine with. Without an optimized speedclearing build, you aren't realistically hitting it no matter what anyway. RNG is RNG, cards help a lot and honestly if you know what to roll, it's not so bad. Unless you are hell bent on SSF, trading is obviously kept in mind while designing new items. As ridiculous shaper/elder items are, they are by no means required, no more than lvl 21 gems, lvl 3 empower or lab enchants.

Most of your deaths happen because you stacked the deck against you too much, either went too fast to process all the shit the game throws at your or you ommited something. I had to laugh at myself for pulling a Ziz on my GC miner - rare strongbox which I parked next to with mines and a totem, popped it, saw DD - "alright, everything shatterred anyway" - guarded by a rogue exile - "He's dead instantly anyway, extra loot, yay" ... wait a second, RIP.

Well 100 is definitely much harder now. I'm fine with it being hard, I like that this game has the option to go hard if you want to work hard and grind for something like 100. You're absolutely right though nothing is required. You can do 100% of the game and you dont need level 100, +1 gems, 6 Links, and everything else that makes a toon min max'd. There is room in this game for both casuals and people like Alkaizer + Zizarian who do multiple 100's.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
what is it with people suddenly only wanting alchs for maps? ive had to start trading chaos off for alchs.

tryin to figure out if its worth fully sextant blocking my shaped vault. i feel like if you just block off armoury and maybe ramparts u get the most likely chance of rolling a good mod ont hem to hit vault. rather than 6 sextanting vault everytime which would just bankrupt me

Caliane

I'm surprised how much I like Volley. I kindof thought, it was meh at first look, due to not really changing shotgunning rules, and less proj then GMP. but, im using it for my spectres. I already mentioned Molten orb+volley is great.

I kindof want to do Freezing pulse volley+firstsnowx2. tidal wave!
Would have done it, if first snow was a quest jewel.

Last edited:

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Also while this game has made big strides in making the end game really better than it was, I feel there is still too many one shots where youre like WTF just happened, basically erasing the last few hours of grind. I feel a log would be really cool explaining some shit to you WTF just happened. Maybe when youve been playing this game for years you know what just happened, but for peeps like me its just a mystery 1/2 the time. Yeah they have come great lengths with the volitiles and other shit but there is still some shit left they need to work on.

A death/kill log would be nice but in the interim:

I'd highly suggest binding a key to corpse highlighting and clearing the area around where you died. Check the corpses to see what buffs/mods they had and learn from there how you died/what killed you. You can learn a lot that way - at least I did.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn ive wanted this a long time, a surprise from the Chinese PTR client

PvAvds9.jpg

• 1Worf

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
what is it with people suddenly only wanting alchs for maps? ive had to start trading chaos off for alchs.

tryin to figure out if its worth fully sextant blocking my shaped vault. i feel like if you just block off armoury and maybe ramparts u get the most likely chance of rolling a good mod ont hem to hit vault. rather than 6 sextanting vault everytime which would just bankrupt me

I'd rather pay alchs for maps than chisels.

Caliane

chris already stated, its a done deal for US client as well.

"Yes, this feature is coming to the international version. We have the non-Chinese version of it basically ready also. It breaks down the mods as prefixes/suffixes, shows ranges, and what tiers things are.

We haven't exposed it to the public stash API yet, but if we can do that in a way that doesn't break stuff, then it sounds reasonable."

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Sure you might have to check it on a master bench to find out if it is actually hybrid or 2 low solo rolls (or toss it in the vendor window and see if its 6mod = augment orb if that's a possibility for the item). What about on things that hit hybrid + solo... are they just going to not combine them any more? So items can have even more lines of mods? And then combine it with shaper/elder items for potentially 10+ lines of mods to sort/calculate and figure out what the item will actually give you in total?

If it's optional (have to hold a key and highlight item or something) then I don't really care as long as they don't turn items into having 4million lines of text I have to skim every time I identify or roll an item.