Path of Exile

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sure you might have to check it on a master bench to find out if it is actually hybrid or 2 low solo rolls (or toss it in the vendor window and see if its 6mod = augment orb if that's a possibility for the item). What about on things that hit hybrid + solo... are they just going to not combine them any more? So items can have even more lines of mods? And then combine it with shaper/elder items for potentially 10+ lines of mods to sort/calculate and figure out what the item will actually give you in total?

If it's optional (have to hold a key and highlight item or something) then I don't really care as long as they don't turn items into having 4million lines of text I have to skim every time I identify or roll an item.

Never knew about the 6 mod thing giving augment, pretty cool trick. The tiers would be helpful for me, I can look at most items and see the tier roll by memory except for hybrids.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I saw that on reddit, nice change. anything to help out new (and old) players is a good addition to the game. This game has such a huge learning curve anything to help players out is a good thing. And knowing your items and rolls is a big part of this game.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I am officially the wost POE player, not that there was any doubt. But I proved it today. Last night I rolled a bunch of maps and stuck them in one tab of maps I was gonna run. Had one map in my inventory and I "assumed" it was one I rolled and threw it in map device, didn't even look. Massive physical reflect, had my auras going and all. Vagan was the first thing in the map and he almost kicked my ass until I figured it out. I don't even run a life flask so had to back away and regen up lol. Worst player ever. The map was like every bad thing I don't want to run.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I am officially the wost POE player, not that there was any doubt. But I proved it today. Last night I rolled a bunch of maps and stuck them in one tab of maps I was gonna run. Had one map in my inventory and I "assumed" it was one I rolled and threw it in map device, didn't even look. Massive physical reflect, had my auras going and all. Vagan was the first thing in the map and he almost kicked my ass until I figured it out. I don't even run a life flask so had to back away and regen up lol. Worst player ever. The map was like every bad thing I don't want to run.

I think everyone does this at one point or another. Last night same shit happened to me. Rolled a map, quickly glanced at it thinking its phys reflect while it was ele reflect. Ran into first pack and got my shit pushed in. Thank god im not hardcore.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So a question for you veterans. So ive been working on a nagamahu cyclone ranger for the last week, she is now like 79? 80?. Thing is confusing is what do I scale? Is it phys or ele? It seems like im getting more bang for the buck with phys which gets 100% converted thanks to xophs blood. Ele does not seem to be as good on tooltip. But tooltip does not account for the balls the ngamahu throws out, which is most of the dmg it seems.

Ran it through path of building and it seems to be about the same if I scale phys or ele when it comes to the balls. So im confused. I would rather scale phys because I have a ton of phys rings and shit I would like to use.

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
So a question for you veterans. So ive been working on a nagamahu cyclone ranger for the last week, she is now like 79? 80?. Thing is confusing is what do I scale? Is it phys or ele? It seems like im getting more bang for the buck with phys which gets 100% converted thanks to xophs blood. Ele does not seem to be as good on tooltip. But tooltip does not account for the balls the ngamahu throws out, which is most of the dmg it seems.

Ran it through path of building and it seems to be about the same if I scale phys or ele when it comes to the balls. So im confused. I would rather scale phys because I have a ton of phys rings and shit I would like to use.

Its hard to tell without looking at your tree but generally in Ngahamu's elemental is going to be way better. With the new Abyss stuff in I would try to fit it as many jewels with +35 life and 2 flat damage mods "adds #-# fire damage to attacks, two handed weapons, or axes". You can also use other elements or even flat physical damage since your axe and neck convert all damage to fire but they wont be as good.

If you don't have them the gloves from Abyss they put in are BiS giving you intimidate and maim, 6% life, 8% attack speed and you can put 2 abyss jewels in them.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know how to scale damage, or at least I thought I did. Its just that in a case like this where im converting 100% phys to fire anyways so would it matter? Also the axe and its meatballs I have no clue how to scale.

Thats one thing I wish this game explained better, how all this shit scales. Like for exapmple Ngahamu, they dont say shit on the tooltip, they dont even mention that all the gems in the axe itself pertains to the meatballs I mean I know this now, but how is a person supposed to know this shit?.

View Profile - Path of Exile - mkopec1

Caliane

path of building is your best bet as noted.
Its going to be a bit too complicated to give you a specific answer without really getting into the math.

Tooltip is of course lying. Tooltip for molten strike/nagamhu's is listing the melee hit. The melee hit is scaling with STR, and other melee physical.
The BALLS are NOT getting melee physical from str or other sources, but ARE getting projectile and aoe damage bonuses. proj, and aoe will buff physical and fire equally, while the melee physical is buffing only physical, obviously, giving you a misrepresentation of damage.

Conversion:
100 phys. with 50% conversion to fire. and 10% inc phys, and 10% inc fire.
50phys with 10% inc for 55 phys.
50 fire, with 20% inc for 60 fire damage.

That you have so many things that scale with physical damage, does mean buffing the base is good.
"gain 15% of phys as fire damage."
100 phys. 30% more phys, vs 30% more fire.
130 phys, 19.5fire vs 100phys, 19.5fire.

Added fire, herald of ash scale WAY more with inc phys, then inc fire.

ps. I have no idea if physical proj works on the meatballs. I imagine you are following a build that says they do?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah following a build which also has Iron grip on tree which further converts all my str to affect the projectiles. I mean its a streamer which has been doing this shit for years so im sure he knows more than me. But like I said, on path of building when I pick up phys dmg on tree or from sources like rings and amulets and shit, the damage on balls does go up. So I dont know. Very confusing on weapons such as this which as a sort of hidden dmg element to it that deals most of the dmg, lol and is absolutely not represented in the game at all in a dmg tooltip.

For instanced last night I was fucking around in POB where to spend the rest of my points and the way I took the 2h phys dmg nodes by marauder the ones by butchery on the way to the life nodes by born to fight and also fucked around with the ele dmg nodes by celestial judgment and it was pretty much a wash and in fact the added phys dmg from the nodes by butchery gave the meatballs more dmg.

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I can't seem to get cast on damage to work.

Cast on damage, and ancestry call. Both req level 38... I've read a bunch of shit on it but it never seems to proc.

Tried it with fortify, ice Nova etc.

What's the obvious thing I'm fucking up?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I can't seem to get cast on damage to work.

Cast on damage, and ancestry call. Both req level 38... I've read a bunch of shit on it but it never seems to proc.

Tried it with fortify, ice Nova etc.

What's the obvious thing I'm fucking up?
You're trying to link weird stuff together.

Supports only work on skills, not on other supports. Cast on damage also only works on spells, not on attacks.

It should work fine with Ice Nova, assuming it's the correct level. Cast on damage taken has a limit level it'll work on based on its own level. The higher the CoDT gem is, the higher gems you can link to it, but it takes more and more damage to proc it.

Fortify and Ancestral Call are supports, they only affect active skills they're linked to, they can't be cast. Assuming you meant Ancestral Protector/Warchief instead, those are totems which also don't work with cast on damage taken because they're a specific category of spells(same thing with Warcries like Enduring Cry, can't be used with codt).

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Pyros Pyros

Not at home and not certain if the name of the skill, but trying to link it to the active that makes you dmg immune for a short period. Thought it was ancestral call.

CoDT - Dmg immune - fortify?

Edit:. If that dmg immune is a support I'm going to feel like a fucking idiot... Lol

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Pyros Pyros

Not at home and not certain if the name of the skill, but trying to link it to the active that makes you dmg immune for a short period. Thought it was ancestral call.

CoDT - Dmg immune - fortify?

Edit:. If that dmg immune is a support I'm going to feel like a fucking idiot... Lol
Ah you mean Immortal Call, then yeah that's a common setup. It works since Immortal Call is a normal spell, however as I said it needs to be the right level, if your CoDT is say lvl 1, you can use I think Immortal Call 2 or 3 max, the limit is shown in the tooltip. Should work fine if it's properly linked and you take the amount of damage necessary to proc CoDT. It won't last more than like half a second without heavy +duration or endurance charges though.

Fortify is a support so it wouldn't work. Fortify only gives you fortify when you hit something with a melee attack linked to it. For example you link it to Whirling Blades or Shield Charge(along with Faster Attacks), so you can get Fortify with your movement skill which counts as a melee attack when you hit with it, but you can't just cast Fortify or use triggers for it, it's specifically made this way since Fortify is stupidly good.

Borzak

So I've been using PoB to look at builds and follow them. But I knew the in game dps on the character sheet for blade flurry was funky. I really had no issues running tier 12+ maps but the character sheet would say like 10k dps. I knew that wasn't quite right. Imported it into PoB finally and it showed total dps of 247k, which seems more reasonable. I have no idea what the in game character sheet is showing, even in PoB one stage of blade flurry is much more than that, no counting 6 stages.

Picked up helm with 40% blade flurry enchant today, not a big fan of running uber labs even tho I can and did it for a while. The price just seemed right to not have to run it more.

Borzak

Here's the screenshot I took in the fight against the Lich the other day. I died and it put me into one of the side rooms. Nothing in it, and you can see by the minimap - no door. I couldn't port out so I just shut it down and came back to the same room when I logged in. This went on a few times and finally put me back in town. Odd. When I first entered the fight with the Lich there were 7 or so doors. Not like the one I had tonight that only had 3. Don't know if they rotate around or what.

NoExit.jpg

jeydax

Death and Taxes
Yeah following a build which also has Iron grip on tree which further converts all my str to affect the projectiles. I mean its a streamer which has been doing this shit for years so im sure he knows more than me. But like I said, on path of building when I pick up phys dmg on tree or from sources like rings and amulets and shit, the damage on balls does go up. So I dont know. Very confusing on weapons such as this which as a sort of hidden dmg element to it that deals most of the dmg, lol and is absolutely not represented in the game at all in a dmg tooltip.

For instanced last night I was fucking around in POB where to spend the rest of my points and the way I took the 2h phys dmg nodes by marauder the ones by butchery on the way to the life nodes by born to fight and also fucked around with the ele dmg nodes by celestial judgment and it was pretty much a wash and in fact the added phys dmg from the nodes by butchery gave the meatballs more dmg.

Here's a good start: Passive Skill Tree - Path of Exile

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Here's the screenshot I took in the fight against the Lich the other day. I died and it put me into one of the side rooms. Nothing in it, and you can see by the minimap - no door. I couldn't port out so I just shut it down and came back to the same room when I logged in. This went on a few times and finally put me back in town. Odd. When I first entered the fight with the Lich there were 7 or so doors. Not like the one I had tonight that only had 3. Don't know if they rotate around or what.

View attachment 159052
There are 2 lich fights, but each has only 3 spire phases. There's also a datamined third lich boss, which was apparently scrapped, so it might have something to do with that, or the fight just bugged out.