Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Got to 24 achievements(fuck grinding to 36, @Vorph was right), and tried out a couple fun new builds. Time to start planning for next league. Anyone know when that is?

I want to play a reave build but I'm trying really hard to resist doing it now because I know I'm just going reach an endgame that's grind for grind's sake.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Question: Are the leagues like Diablo seasons in that your companions/hideouts, etc retain their levels/get added to the existing levels in the standard leagues, or are they specific only to that one character every time (and thus simply follow that one character)?

Jarex

Bronze Knight of the Realm
They get merged with Standard at the end of the league so the highest counts ( eventually ) but then who cares about Standard? Master levels arn't tied to characters but leagues

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Seen it all now, nearly died from laughing too hard. Battle Fowl rare. Hard to keep your composure when being attacked by a turkey.

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So I tried uber at ziti for the first time ever. Yeh her stupid spear just one shot me so I failed lol. I think I'll be trying again though maybe. Shaper I'd like to do also, but man my maps drops suck lol. Overall I'm loving doing this molten strike build. But I think I'm gunna move like 14 points around. I love hate vaal pact.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
They get merged with Standard at the end of the league so the highest counts ( eventually ) but then who cares about Standard? Master levels arn't tied to characters but leagues

right, I know, I am just curious how it works mechanic wise. I do find myself greatly enjoying the game again after not playing it for like 2 years, but I didn't know what carried over, what started anew, etc etc.

Like, in Abyss, i've beat the story (i never had before), and all that stuff. Next league does everything reset, or do some things carry over, etc.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So my current project is necro. Never played one before. Having reserached this a bit, Im hearing that you can just summon spectres you had before in any zone? So right now just experimenting with light guards or whatever the fuck they are called. I found some in act 8.

So im hearing on the nets that you can summon higher level ones in maps, and having one summoned before, it automatically puts the ones you had before when you desecrate in any zone? So say I call up a t12 map, go in and summon some lv78 spectre even though im only lv 70? I understand about the gem and level caps just giving an example. when I checked last night I think my gem level allowed me to get like lv73 spectres at lv 63.

And does any of this even matter (spectre level)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yes it matters a lot, and yeah it works that way nowadays I believe, it was changed to work this way since it was shit before. I know for sure desecrates works with your summoned spectres though since when I leveled a necro in this league I used a random unlinked spectre gem for additional damage and I could keep resummoning the big Kitava motherfuckers as I was leveling through act 6 to 10.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Since you all want to know whats happening with the console . . .

They broke flickerstrike. So my seizure causing build has to sit until they unfuck it.

Right in the feels, had just gotten it really geared out and the passive tree how I wanted it.

Might try that weird bleed puncture build I wanted to mess with earlier . . . prolly wont work worth a shit, but I came up with it while in a drunken stupor and wanna follow through.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The only bleed builds I've seen are people using it to proc explosions. Poison survived, ignite is dead, bleed is (still)dead.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, its not gonna be a good build. One of those things where you try to make something you want to do work, instead of finding something that will work that you want to do. Bleed was just there b/c it sounded cool, and I wanted to push physical dmg.

I have nothing but the expectation of it being a crappy build. Lol

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
So my current project is necro. Never played one before. Having reserached this a bit, Im hearing that you can just summon spectres you had before in any zone? So right now just experimenting with light guards or whatever the fuck they are called. I found some in act 8.

So im hearing on the nets that you can summon higher level ones in maps, and having one summoned before, it automatically puts the ones you had before when you desecrate in any zone? So say I call up a t12 map, go in and summon some lv78 spectre even though im only lv 70? I understand about the gem and level caps just giving an example. when I checked last night I think my gem level allowed me to get like lv73 spectres at lv 63.

And does any of this even matter (spectre level)

Pyros answered some but I can elaborate. Yes, spectre level matters, and yes, they changed it in 3.1 so that whatever spectres you bring into a map will be on the Desecrate 'table'.

Getting a high level spectre is contingent upon 3 things:
1. Level of Desecrate gem
2. Level of zone
3. Level of Raise Spectre gem

You can have a level 20 Desecrate gem (allowing for lvl 100 corpses) but be in a T1 map for lvl 60something corpses. Other way, you could be in a T16 map (with level 83 monsters) but only have a lvl 19 gem and the corpses you raise will be 81. After both these, you then must actually Raise the Spectre, which follows the same level restriction as Desecrate. You'll almost undoubtedly be leveling RS and Desecrate simultaneously, so the main interaction to concern yourself with is the zone level and Desecrate.

Also, a little trick, if you're ever in your hideout and need to or accidentally remove your Raise Spectre gem, thus murdering your spectres, you can cast Desecrate right there and get corpses of your ex-Spectres instantly. They won't be level appropriate; you'll still have to fish them out of a high level map, but it'll save you traveling back to whatever zone you picked them up out of.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It still amazes me they haven't made MTX for barrage(shaper beam) and molten strike(sparks, boulders, tiny black holes, idk, I'm not creative). My intuition is that those two of the some of the most popular skills due to their boss deleting capability, so it seems like a great way to print money.

Honorable mention for kinetic blast too.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It still amazes me they haven't made MTX for barrage(shaper beam) and molten strike(sparks, boulders, tiny black holes, idk, I'm not creative). My intuition is that those two of the some of the most popular skills due to their boss deleting capability, so it seems like a great way to print money.

Honorable mention for kinetic blast too.
Shaper beam is 100% Scorching ray.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I agree that it fits better, but scorching ray already has mtx, is probably less played, and I dislike the skill. This game heavily punishes standing still.