Path of Exile

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
All the t15 maps have phased bosses minus primordial boss, but I dunno enough about that fight to give an opinion on it. They better buff boss drops or else this will suck a lot of butts.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Meh. I played a fuckton of D3 post Reaper. It was fun. Still is. Wouldn’t touch it with a real money AH. Doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy both games. I love a 45 day dry aged ribeye, but sometimes I want a greasy burger.

I’m trying to get a buddy into this. Best analogy I could think of was D3 is watching the movie, and PoE is reading the book and all it’s appendicies.

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
Wish they would just make a system that ties an increase in boss reward for killing X% of the maps monsters. Even if those rewards are higher chances for maps that aren't unlocked on the atlas or chisels/scarabs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think most boss rewards are fine. There's a few outliers that clearly have a shitty drop table for whatever reason (Mountain Ledge?), but that's certainly not the rule. I mean if you build a hyper map/delve focused character and find it more profitable to skip bosses, that's a personal choice.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Yeah, I just read the comments. Seems to be the consensus. If that's true I guess they will nerf Stat Sticks. Oh well, I only used Stat Sticks on like one build, and they were mega powerful.

I was always more in favor of pure phys weapons being the best because crafting decent (70% total+) stat sticks was pretty easy, and a joke with fossils. Crafting 500+dps 1handers however always seemed hard. Hopefully this is the era of 2handers and we see some 1k dps big bois out there finally!

Unless they are adding tiers of damage rolls exclusively to 2handers, it's not gonna happen. I've never even seen a 2h in a league get crafted to be better than starforge/atziris, hell most of the time I can't even find one with more dps than a kaom's axe.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
With the reduction in cooldown, is there a reason not to use Blade Flurry has your CoC trigger attack instead of Cyclone?

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think so, yeah. It takes a bit to get the hang of it, but when you do it's very versatile and easy to dodge things with provided your movement speed is decent. Like it's definitely the safest skill I've used to kill Hydra boss, could probably do that fight with CI+EB on a cyclone character.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Standing still tends to be deadlier.

Protector or Warchief? The latter is so much better.

Been using protector, but i just saw i have a vaal warchief in my stash. Should i swap to that? (i'm doing a reave build if that changes anything)

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh, for just supporting your own damage it doesn't matter too much. Warchief tends to clear out adds a lot better, and 18% more damage is roughly equal to 20% more attack speed, depending on the character. But Facebreaker Warchief is an extremely solid build for cheap.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
With the vaal version, warchief is always better unless you build doesn't utilize melee damage but does utilize melee attack speed.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just judging by the uptick of PoE post the Diablo Immortal announcement is going to be some of the best PR for POE.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
They removed Torture Chamber(good) and Springs(I guess?) from the Atlas.

Good, torture chamber was aids to clear

With the reduction in cooldown, is there a reason not to use Blade Flurry has your CoC trigger attack instead of Cyclone?

Clear speed? Since you'll be blowing through most things anyways, cyclone keeps you moving. Could always swap out to BF if you want more damage for bosses.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Good, torture chamber was aids to clear

Clear speed? Since you'll be blowing through most things anyways, cyclone keeps you moving. Could always swap out to BF if you want more damage for bosses.
I was making the assumption that you'd clear with shield charge and cospri's malice. If you're going to clear with your CoC trigger, then yeah, stick with cyclone definitely.

I wonder if there's any merit to charged dash as a CoC trigger.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Just judging by the uptick of PoE post the Diablo Immortal announcement is going to be some of the best PR for POE.

It is because that announcement showed those of us who thought that D3 was an aberration and that Blizzard would go back to the drawing board to make D4 a deep and rewarding experience got a flat bed of cold water dumped on us for being so naïve. Blizzard starting with StarCraft 2 and the split to 3 games shifted the company to one that made dumbed down games to hit earning goals and not because they loved games anymore.