Path of Exile

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Lancing steel was a shitty decision for first league character. Clunky as fuck and doesn’t do near the deeps I’d hoped it would. Gonna shelve and start over

I was looking into ascendent (heirophant/deadeye) crit ice spear totems but im 99% sure that’s mathils next build so meh

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I was looking into ascendent (heirophant/deadeye) crit ice spear totems but im 99% sure that’s mathils next build so meh

Funnily enough my lancing steel build was mostly just like Mathils and it was pretty terrible - he made a video yesterday saying it gets a bit better with ideal gear, but I don't care to keep slogging through to see if that's true or not. Probably gonna reroll into my old frost blades assassin build next as I'm sure it'll still be just as face tanky as it was in 3.4

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, I found a Tabula on my first character at level 15 and ripped it at level 40, meanwhile I'm trucking along on a 4 link just fine on my second character, same exact build. Just Say No to Tabula Rasa.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yea I've not missed having Tabula at all. 4L rare chest has been doing just fine for me.

I'm just getting in to act10 now with ~3800life and capped resists. Feels like self-gearing is way easier this run with the ability to customize enchants so readily. Makes a lot of other bad glove/boot drops immediately very viable when they roll shit like hp/movespeed/resist1/resist2 when you can just slap your extra resist or armor or whatever on to them immediately.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I died twice to the server shitting itself during the DDoS/network hardware failures, and once due to an apparent memory leak in the client (game hung in delve and darkness killed me). Just Say No to Hardcore, TR ftw.

Not that I actually have a TR yet. Spent 3 hours in fucking Blood Aqueduct and got zero Humility cards to show for it.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My plan is to farm T1-T5 maps to save up 50-70c for a Cloak of Defiance, and then slap it with the Jeweler's Touch prophecy I've got waiting in my stash.

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
The only way to increase number of Brands on a target right now is the Runebinder notable right next to Ancestral Bond. If you have Runebinder, 4 total Brands, and two enemies, all four Brands will attach themselves to the two enemies. If you don't have Runebinder, two of them would be useless. Brand Recall resets your Brands to be in a circle around where you used Brand Recall, and they immediately determine new targets with increased range afterwards. The purpose of Brand Recall, as far as I can tell right now, is to make clearing maps BALLER, but it's also useful in certain boss fights with lots of adds where you want to make sure you have a couple of Brands on the boss.

Ok, I stick with my original assessment then of brands (at least storm brand) sucking for single target and not being a viable solo skill build due to terrible single target.

Also, I found a Tabula on my first character at level 15 and ripped it at level 40, meanwhile I'm trucking along on a 4 link just fine on my second character, same exact build. Just Say No to Tabula Rasa.

I bought a tabula from Jonkimble with all my currency yesterday and immediately bricked it with a vaal!

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
you can not escape Rule 34

tKIuZxN.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

My plan is to farm T1-T5 maps to save up 50-70c for a Cloak of Defiance, and then slap it with the Jeweler's Touch prophecy I've got waiting in my stash.
Yeah, I would actually forego the TR if I could get a 5L Tinkerskin right now and switch to EB. Arc traps clear fine in Deerstalkers (currently testing a Mirebough and then shaper gloves eventually) and the chest is just for Lightning Spire anyway. Mana is a constant headache that I would love to get rid of ASAP.

Evernothing

How do you preview loot filter sounds?

I see you can customeize on FilterBlade, but I don't see how you can listen to the sound before applying.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, I would actually forego the TR if I could get a 5L Tinkerskin right now and switch to EB. Arc traps clear fine in Deerstalkers (currently testing a Mirebough and then shaper gloves eventually) and the chest is just for Lightning Spire anyway. Mana is a constant headache that I would love to get rid of ASAP.
What mana problems? Did you spec into MoM already, without a reliable way to regenerate mana?

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Also, I note that Delve starts at, what, level 34 or 38 now. And GGG did not change the Azurite drops at lower levels to account for that. You get 5-10 at the initial levels and even down there a ways you are still only picking up 15-20 at like level 40-50.

Do I not remember the Azurite farming being this slow since I was Delving regular through the process? Because I am def not upgrading at the same rate I was in the league by a long shot. I was trying to open a chest that was in the borderline darkness and had to retreat and come back several times because my 4.7 k life was draining so fast.

My complaints are all nitpicks, but I tend to try and look at this game from the point of the inexperienced.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Is there a good explanation of crafting somewhere, preferably written so I can check it out during work?

I don't understand Jack or shit about it and don't want to waste materials by being dumb or doing it too early, but I feel like I'm missing out on stuff that everyone else takes for granted. The safehouse I raided had a crafting thing that raised armor to 24% quality, but other than randomly increasing a few whites and blues, I had no idea wtf to do with it. And plenty of rares would be really nice if I could get better/more sockets and links, but I'm assuming I'm a little too low to worry about that yet (40). But I figure I should figure it out sooner rather than later.

Vorph

What mana problems? Did you spec into MoM already, without a reliable way to regenerate mana?
When I say mana problems I mean, "Ugh, I have to use a mana potion." Something I haven't done in years.

No MoM yet, I just have half my mana reserved by Wrath because Worms are still insanely expensive (and rising far faster than I am gaining currency ofc). So 465 mana unreserved and my Arc Trap costs 66 mana to toss.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Also, I note that Delve starts at, what, level 34 or 38 now. And GGG did not change the Azurite drops at lower levels to account for that. You get 5-10 at the initial levels and even down there a ways you are still only picking up 15-20 at like level 40-50.

Do I not remember the Azurite farming being this slow since I was Delving regular through the process? Because I am def not upgrading at the same rate I was in the league by a long shot. I was trying to open a chest that was in the borderline darkness and had to retreat and come back several times because my 4.7 k life was draining so fast.

My complaints are all nitpicks, but I tend to try and look at this game from the point of the inexperienced.

I'm noticing the same thing as well. My guess is that they realized that Azurite was too abundant in the endgame and rather than doing an elegant adjustment, they just downshifted the whole linear equation by some constant. I don't forsee myself going darkness diving for a while