Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Install this: GitHub - PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro: Price checking script for Path of Exile.

Hover over the item in question with your mouse and Hit CTRL-D which shows the current market prices of the uniques. It doesn't work as well for Rares as there is too much variability.
Are you sure? I thought was because the name is not connected to the affixes. It handles uniques with lots of ranges just fine. Maybe the trade macro guy is too lazy to figure out the hashing used in the url? IDK.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
It works alright for rares, you just use the other hotkey that opens a window where you can type in ranges and do a search from there. Also, he's integrating poeprices.info into it for the upcoming league so it should be even easier to price rares.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I was up really late waiting for some pills to take effect. Wound up getting a major upgrade in my gloves. Lol way to wait till the last possible moment.

But yeah the trade macro is nice for selling and it's nice for taking a quick glance to see if the item is really worth even investigating further. All T8 or T7 and nope. Especially helpful for stuff that you don't have a use for on one of your characters.

Also I think Poe trade has a chrome addon to make sorting/finding items for sale easier.

Last edited:

Malinatar

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are you sure? I thought was because the name is not connected to the affixes. It handles uniques with lots of ranges just fine. Maybe the trade macro guy is too lazy to figure out the hashing used in the url? IDK.

Vorph answered it better than I would. For rares, I usually just hop on to poe.trade, speaking of which, has anyone made the switch to POE's official trade site? Trade - Path of Exile

I'm being petty by saying this, but I HATE POE's choice of fonts (in game and the website) and this might be the main reason why I'm going to stick to poe.trade unless someone tells me a feature/function that would make it worth it.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
I found this site very useful for pricing rares: https://www.poeprices.info/. You just copy/paste the item into the site and it finds comparable items. You gotta look through a bunch of similar items to get a good idea but it works for me.

Vorph

Yeah, that's the one I mentioned above that will soon be integrated with trade macro.

I haven't tried the new official site, but I prefer Path of Exile App over poe.trade. At the beginning of a league it won't matter anyway. If you actually want to buy uniques without getting robbed, you'll need to use poe-sniper or something like it. All the website ones will be overloaded and have too much of a delay to buy anything remotely popular before someone else gets it.

Edit: Link for POE-Sniper, now that I'm not posting from my tablet -- [Tool] POE-sniper, an open source cross-platform PoE item sniper with a user friendly UI • r/pathofexile

Important warning in that post that applies to private indexers in general:
Make sure to have an unlimited connection plan and a good bandwidth since the tool downloads currently around 1.5 MB of JSON data every second.

Doesn't mean shit to me since I'm on Spectrum and they don't care if I download a TB in a single day, but people on Comcast and any other asshat companies that have caps might want to think twice about it. Or at least make sure to set up a search, buy the item as quickly as possible, and then close the program. You don't want to be running it 16 hours a day to do flipping at the start of the league if you're capped.

Last edited:

Croetec

Lord Nagafen Raider
The new Doedre's Skin looks super fun, have a weakness for curse stacking builds and that thing looks like you'll be able to go ham with'em.

Borzak

Dumb question time. I logged onto standard to get my tabs in order. You have to do all the masters rep again to get a hideout back? Not a big deal was just curious.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
pretty crazy. is there even a build that can make use of all 6 curses you can seemingly do?

Check out the full reveal of the new Doedre's Skin unique and its 3D Art! • r/pathofexile

The top end of builds is going through the roof this patch and i have a feeling they're going to have to make some major changes once the poopsockers hit some top items. This combined with the new 6 socket enabled 1h weapons (assuming that 1 in a million roll) is really going to take make for some really niche one off uber builds that only abvery few will ever be able to touch.

Vorph

Dumb question time. I logged onto standard to get my tabs in order. You have to do all the masters rep again to get a hideout back? Not a big deal was just curious.
Yes, that's the shittiest part of every league, and something that is more than a year overdue for a complete revamp. It's really disappointing that they didn't touch them at all in 3.0 or 3.1.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caliane

your standard hideout should be the hideout, with the most items placed in it/largest one.
Then, masters are transfered over, with highest rank.

it should be there, for all your standard chars. is this your first league? if so, then it does take a short while after a league end to transfer over.

or, did you mean with each new league? if so, then yes every NEW league you need to relevel masters, relearn atlas, etc, for that league.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Borzak

your standard hideout should be the hideout, with the most items placed in it/largest one.
Then, masters are transfered over, with highest rank.

it should be there, for all your standard chars. is this your first league? if so, then it does take a short while after a league end to transfer over.

or, did you mean with each new league? if so, then yes every NEW league you need to relevel masters, relearn atlas, etc, for that league.

This was my first league, if I go to a waypoint in standard and click hideout it does nothing.

Caliane

This was my first league, if I go to a waypoint in standard and click hideout it does nothing.
ok, then yeah. give it some time. I'm not sure how long exactly. I never really cared about standard much. Might take up to a day to xfer.

Vorph

LOL at those xp nerfs... in what world is +40% to 99-100 a "small additional experience penalty"? Is he really claiming that a bunch of asshats who never go anywhere without a full group that contains at least 1, often 2, aurabots level quickly in a perfectly shaped and sextanted atlas and then complain to GGG that it was too fast? Maybe just recommend they check themselves into a mental institution for their masochism problem instead of trying to balance the game around them, eh?

I guess I should be relieved that none of that other stuff besides Vaal Pact, which we've known for a long time was getting gutted in 3.1, applies to any build I've ever been particularly interested in playing. Hopefully he didn't just forget to mention Bloodseeker while on the instant leech topic and they really did come out unscathed, I'm still leaning towards that for my starter build uberlab farmer.

No mention of Bisco's either? Ok....

Last edited: