Path of Exile

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
HC in endless Delve? God speed. Of all the races lately this is the one I think is MOST interesting for HC. Some of these fuckers either have to be macro logging out more often than not or have god-tier builds. The first to 100 shit is just endurance and clear builds. This is scary, scary shit for HC players.

Yea I did it specifically cause SC meta is just going to be suicide rushing on zHP builds trying to get to lower and lower depths. Sounded boring as fuck.

I'm sure I'll hit a wall sooner or later, probably at like 250ish or so? At a certain point I'll need to convert over to some kind of like ele prolif freeze build, or just grind sidewars for 30 hours to swap to CI or something. I'm not sure how else you're supposed to deal with the mod stacks delve starts to produce at deeper levels.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
This is as far as I've been able to take winter orb so far. Getting really dicey at depth 150ish currently. Mobs just stay alive for too long too be comfortable, and not sure where else I can find any more damage aside from a 6L or a crazy +gem wands dropping.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Finally riped trying to do a Vaal boss heh. Knew it was a bad idea, but cerburus limb would have actually been a huge boon for me as I had no other form of leech and it was like 50% better spell damage than my shitter wand so figured I'd give it a shot.

Winter orb remains pretty meh and there's just no actual reason to ever play it over vortex/cold snap.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Those seem like two incomparable playstyles. I've been having fun with worb in delve. I kinda want to make it work as a league starter. Might be Occultist only since I don't know of another way to easily get pops.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I always wanted to try Chieftan Worb with cold to fire in a normal league. Get the Cremator cluster jewel and it should have some nice clear. And Chieftans are just the tits for defense.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Pfff, explodes are just a crutch for poor DPS that makes you hate bosses cause you then realize your have no DPS.

What exactly is the benefit of these spellslinger cold dot builds? The added flat damage from spellslinger doesn't even apply to the dot components does it? Is it just a delivery mechanism at range, or am I missing something else?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Good builds based on pops will scale both at the same time. Cold BV + explodey chest for example. You only scale cold, phys, area, cold gained as phys, aura effectiveness, etc.

Spellslinger is almost always ease of use. In this case, it lets you cast frostbolt and creeping frost(seen some builds use cold snap but you can't bypass its cooldown when supported by spellslinger) at the same time. Thus you get much more coverage with your vortex. The penalty of spellslinger is somewhat mitigated because you don't need to support your main damage skill with it.

Also, it allows for curse application that is not the same geometry as your circular dot skills. With vortex and cold snap alone applying curses, Profane Bloom is much less effective since the things that are cursed are standing in the dot anyway and need no help from their buddies exploding. WIth frenzy and frostbolt applying curses outside of vortex and creeping frost, you extend the killing reach of them outside of their ground effect.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would strongly reccomend anyone to do spellslinger cold dot over non-sling. It's just so much smoother to play in maps. I wish i knew just how big the QoL difference was when i started Heist as cold dot occultist.

Most fundamentally it's cause you can blanket your run path in vortex aoes (with extra creeping frost on top) instead of dropping one vortex every screen or stopping to wait on vortex CD. But ya more spread curses and stuff is nice too.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
My main annoyance with the slinger version is getting vortex on single targets. With how it's typically played(Vortex on LMB), you either have to fight that muscle memory and cast it without a frostbolt which means melee range, or try to time it with frostbolt.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I’ll probably start next league as cold dot slinger, cold converted raider with cyclone or blade flurry, or cold BV assassin (or maybe just poison....)

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So what do you scale for your primary damage on the slinger setups? 6L vortex? Then creeping and frostbolt are just for freezes etc?

Is there any real recovery/sustain in these setups, or are you relying largely on flasks? I assume CI doesn't work cause you can't fit determination anywhere.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
6L vortex is most of your damage. Frostbolt is for propagating vortexes(vortices?), curses, and does decent enough damage to kill white mobs. You can support it with some utility too like onslaugh, proj speed, or life leech. Creeping frost is for a bit of extra damage and bonechill.

You can get get life and ES leech easily. I'm not sure the connection between CI and determination wrt sustain. Did you mean discipline? Sure, you can fit that easily, just gotta take some passives. Most cold slingers go LL or CI in the endgame.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I’ll probably start next league as cold dot slinger, cold converted raider with cyclone or blade flurry, or cold BV assassin (or maybe just poison....)
2077.jpg

The Lich King is pleased with your choice of theme. You should do cold BV pathfinder instead though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
2077.jpg

The Lich King is pleased with your choice of theme. You should do cold BV pathfinder instead though.
Good idea. I’ve played the shit out of assassin, trickster, and saboteur. Time to venture to another ascendancy.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
6L vortex is most of your damage. Frostbolt is for propagating vortexes(vortices?), curses, and does decent enough damage to kill white mobs. You can support it with some utility too like onslaugh, proj speed, or life leech. Creeping frost is for a bit of extra damage and bonechill.

You can get get life and ES leech easily. I'm not sure the connection between CI and determination wrt sustain. Did you mean discipline? Sure, you can fit that easily, just gotta take some passives. Most cold slingers go LL or CI in the endgame.

I thought dots don't benefit from spell leech for life/ES?

And yea discipline lol. How much reservation reduction do you need to do the 3 slinger reservations+an aura like that? Or do you drop down to 2 sling setups for frost bolt/creeping frost and start manually casting cold snap?