Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Oversight on my part. I was playing with a bunch of flasks and meant to have just an open slot.

I’ve seen the cyclone in action. I’ll find it later. But it’s primary focus is bossing. Not clear. Thought it might be good for a bossing league. I have had this in my potential list for a few leagues.

Also, mechanically the original PoB I had ripped has no added fire damage. Don’t you need some to get an ignite going to proc the Oni buff to then convert phys to fire? I saw how the build chilled and shocked via clusters and converted/add as damage but I never saw added fire anywhere to get the initial ignite for Oni. So I added a ring with it.
Abyss jewel would probably be even easier.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I'm thinking some kind of Wild Strike + Trinity + Inquisitor/Battlemage + ... umm, 'insert ??? spell here' setup might be something to fuck around with this league.

Or wait, is Trinity only for spells and not attacks? Eh whatever, something like that though might be interesting from a thematic standpoint.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'm thinking some kind of Wild Strike + Trinity + Inquisitor/Battlemage + ... umm, 'insert ??? spell here' setup might be something to fuck around with this league.

Or wait, is Trinity only for spells and not attacks? Eh whatever, something like that though might be interesting from a thematic standpoint.
I was kicking around smite or lightning strike with maybe wave? I forget if that’s instant. It really feels like a poe2 mechanic shoehorned in now.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Works for "skills" so spells and attacks work, but no triggered, orb, totem, or brand skills. That seems like a bit of work though as you'd have to synergize the wildstrike supports and the spell supports and essentially both would be a 5 link at best. Might be the annoying skill A skill B gameplay too, especially when you add in a movement skill.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Works for "skills" so spells and attacks work, but no triggered, orb, totem, or brand skills. That seems like a bit of work though as you'd have to synergize the wildstrike supports and the spell supports and essentially both would be a 5 link at best. Might be the annoying skill A skill B gameplay too, especially when you add in a movement skill.
Hmm, maybe.

From that standpoint, I'm thinking some spell where you 'drop' it and move around, then while mobs are preoccupied with whatever you just dropped you reposition and wild strike for a second or 2 with huge attack speed. So like, while you're moving you hit spell B, and when you're repositioned you hit attack A for a few seconds. You're still only hitting one skill at a time, just alternating which one it is so it's not too onerous. Or at least that's what I have in my (probably addled) mind.

Plus, it seems like GGG is taking many things in that direction, what with the warcry + ES builds as an example.

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
So is there a consensus best starter build for newer players. Well I’ve played a few leagues years ago but ....last few pages are kinda Greek to me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So is there a consensus best starter build for newer players. Well I’ve played a few leagues years ago but ....last few pages are kinda Greek to me.
Every league, most of the big streamers make new videos with the "best" starter guides, most of which have various links on how to build and stuff. These are generally good. If you mean to play right now, you'd look at the ones from Heist launch, if you mean for next league, there won't be guides until the patch notes are released, so a couple of days before launch. Necro is probably the "best" starting build in most leagues, but it's minion based so it only appeals to some people, past that there's starters for every archetype that are fine with a multitude of skills. Some won't scale super well lategame but starters are generally meant as that, they'll get you to red maps and farm some currency to gear up your "real" char.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I just saw a vid related to this the other day. No idea if it treads some of the same ground you've already gone over, but it might be helpful.

Check it out:

I started this up yesterday and am mindlessly following the instructions every step of the way. I have to say it just works. I'm a noob so my opinion isn't worth a hunk of spit but everything just smoothly comes together from level to level as you run around in rags.

• 1Like

dizzie

Triggered Happy

Out of the recent builds I've played the simplest starter build I'd recommend would be bleed gladiator. It's got good clear and bossing, it's relatively cheap and simple to gear up. You just need a half decent axe - you'll wreck everything and the best part is it's tanky and fun as fuck.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
A lot of the slammer type builds are very easy to gear and can be pretty tanky. Boss fights can be kinda wonky until you get a A tier weapon due to cooldown management, but they're pretty good. You can see SSFHC people get to lvl 100 with all rares and a 5 link fairly often with these builds.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I usually check in on Matth, but for some reason he makes me want to punch him in the face despite being super helpful and a overall nice guy in his video.

man, I kinda want to start off meta and he and Mathil seem to influence the meta the most starting.

• 1Solidarity

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Might play this league from the start. I started heist 3-4 weeks into it - it's really boring joining a league that late. Feels like it's been ages since I was up till 2am on a Saturday morning to hit maps in PoE. Missed the league start hype more than anything else about the game, the first couple of days are really enjoyable for me - it's probably one of the best things about playing in trade.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I took Harvest off and bounced off Heist faster then I usually do for a league, now I have that itch to do some grinding again. At least the league mechanic doesn't seem to be obnoxious.

• 1Solidarity

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Reeeee all this talk about starter builds and we don't even have patch notes or gem numbers yet, the fuck y'all doing

• 1Solidarity

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So the shit comes out Friday and there are no patch notes yet? Am I missing something?
So much shit doesn't even show patch notes until the day of the patch. And PoE has been the same for patch note release for years, it's a few days before the league, which is really enough.