Path of Exile

bleedat

Molten Core Raider
Man I try to look up some of these builds you guys mention and there seems to be tons of them.....for the same builds

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the new Elementalist node says that all hits ignite.
Does anyone know if the phys explode on chest mod can thus cause ignite and then be scaled by your fire/ele increases and dot multi etc?

That stealth cobra lash change between the patchnotes and gem reveals just suck (patch notes said hit and ailments while the gem reveal only says hits).
Trinity support is crazy good yep

Hrm, odd they'd go out of their way to make them 100% convert then with pathfinder if it doesn't even do anything. Sorta nice for phys reflect I guess?

Anyone come up for anything reasonable for battlemage inquis junk? Closest I can figure is spellslinger icebolt and selfcasting ice nova at warp speeds, but otherwise I can't find any realistic way of actually utilizing. Like maybe if you were zooming enough you could keep it active via shield charge or leap slam? But man that seems like a lot of work.
I had that exact same idea. Seemed like the most plausable approach to take cause i had the same misgivings as you about keeping fanatism up. I don't think it's a terrible idea but
sadly i don't think it's going to beat pledge of hands because for whatever reason casting Ice nova on frostbolts with pledge of hands doesnt lock you into 4 instances of casting ice nova (contrary to say say ball lightning which would put you in animation lock as it cast 4 balls one after another).
I tried cyclone cast on channel frostbolt with pledge but i wasn't exactly thrilled by the experience and i'd rather do another ascendancy and just self cast frost bolt + ice nova if so.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone know if the phys explode on chest mod can thus cause ignite and then be scaled by your fire/ele increases and dot multi etc?
It's a hit, thus it can ignite. That said, scaling explode chest's dot seems weird. What are you hoping to do specifically?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?

That stealth cobra lash change between the patchnotes and gem reveals just suck (patch notes said hit and ailments while the gem reveal only says hits).
Trinity support is crazy good yep

I had that exact same idea. Seemed like the most plausable approach to take cause i had the same misgivings as you about keeping fanatism up. I don't think it's a terrible idea but
sadly i don't think it's going to beat pledge of hands because for whatever reason casting Ice nova on frostbolts with pledge of hands doesnt lock you into 4 instances of casting ice nova (contrary to say say ball lightning which would put you in animation lock as it cast 4 balls one after another).
I tried cyclone cast on channel frostbolt with pledge but i wasn't exactly thrilled by the experience and i'd rather do another ascendancy and just self cast frost bolt + ice nova if so.

Ice nova specifically says repeats of it cast on frostbolt will be cast there, it works the same way with regular spell go too. It just repeats/pulses on the projectiles.

But yea even 75% more cast speed seems like it'd be hard pressed to be more damage than pledge of hands is.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Even with trinity the math just looks awful for wild strike still heh, so raider probably isn't happening.

May just take the easy route and go elementalist ignite something or other?

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's a hit, thus it can ignite. That said, scaling explode chest's dot seems weird. What are you hoping to do specifically?

I'm not specifically tryin to scale it that way but it's so good that it works like that compared to it only dealing the 3% if you don't convert it first.

Ice nova specifically says repeats of it cast on frostbolt will be cast there, it works the same way with regular spell go too. It just repeats/pulses on the projectiles.

But yea even 75% more cast speed seems like it'd be hard pressed to be more damage than pledge of hands is.

I'm saving my inquis fanatism build untill i know what fanatism actually plays like. Too uncertain for league start for me.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I need to watch a hexblast ignite video. That just sounds clunky. I was going to see if I could make blazing salvo work. Have done zero pob work on it.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I need to watch a hexblast ignite video. That just sounds clunky. I was going to see if I could make blazing salvo work. Have done zero pob work on it.
Mathil played one recently during Flashback. What sounds clunky specifically?

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Probably gonna start a TR trickster, but there's a lot of things I want to play around with this league like raider and trinity.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Don’t you curse, wait, blast? Sounds like Poe with two buttons.
You can play it that way, sure. Blasphemy curse works as well. Worried about it reaching far enough?

40% from tree
60% from Windshriek
80% from Blashpemy support
60% from Elementalist(Trickster is viable too, but no AoE)
60% from alt quality inc AoE support

You just doubled the radius on your curse aura, almost 70 units. That's the top of the screen. ~95 gets to the left and right edges on a normal wide screen.

You don't need to wait either. You shouldn't need that strong of an ignite to clear maps. Self cast a curse on the few targets that need it.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Been playing around in POB just a little with Battlemage/Fanaticism Inquis nodes. Conceptually, I'm not sure it's really good for an 'attack then spellcast repeat' true hybrid. But then again I'm probably missing something.

It seems like at this point it's simpler to use a move skill like shield charge or leap slam for the attack, then utilize the huge cast speed from fanaticism. I was thinking maybe Stormbind, but that needs you to spend mana and Fanaticism reduces mana cost. Maybe it would be good with Crackling Lance? That skill really benefits from cast speed I think.

I was also looking at mjolner builds a little, but I'm not sure it fits with that either. Maybe cast while channeling so you can get the 75% cast speed for that? It's just kinda odd IMO.

Not that I'm complaining, figuring out new ways to do things in this game is one of the huge draws for me.

Thregin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Been playing around in POB just a little with Battlemage/Fanaticism Inquis nodes. Conceptually, I'm not sure it's really good for an 'attack then spellcast repeat' true hybrid. But then again I'm probably missing something.

It seems like at this point it's simpler to use a move skill like shield charge or leap slam for the attack, then utilize the huge cast speed from fanaticism. I was thinking maybe Stormbind, but that needs you to spend mana and Fanaticism reduces mana cost. Maybe it would be good with Crackling Lance? That skill really benefits from cast speed I think.

I was also looking at mjolner builds a little, but I'm not sure it fits with that either. Maybe cast while channeling so you can get the 75% cast speed for that? It's just kinda odd IMO.

Not that I'm complaining, figuring out new ways to do things in this game is one of the huge draws for me.
fanatism is weird for sure.
If mjolner, it sort of feels like it was handcrafted to go with the str/int crit node with coc, 400% or so global crit is really handy for a build like that.

• 1Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You can play it that way, sure. Blasphemy curse works as well. Worried about it reaching far enough?

40% from tree
60% from Windshriek
80% from Blashpemy support
60% from Elementalist(Trickster is viable too, but no AoE)
60% from alt quality inc AoE support

You just doubled the radius on your curse aura, almost 70 units. That's the top of the screen. ~95 gets to the left and right edges on a normal wide screen.

You don't need to wait either. You shouldn't need that strong of an ignite to clear maps. Self cast a curse on the few targets that need it.
I may try it. I’m probably too lazy a player for that shit.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider

Crackling lance is fun, here's a video of what you have in mind

• 1Solidarity

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Crackling lance is fun, here's a video of what you have in mind

Thanks! Zizaran and his lisp are a bit irritating to listen to, but dude knows his shit.

As an aside, does anyone know if the triggered spells from Mjolner work with ancestral call and general's cry?
I'm wondering if there might be some attack build based on getting multiple spell procs from that direction...

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I thought people were disappointed with Crackling Lance in a manner(mechanically) that a decent dps boost wouldn't fix?