Path of Exile

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Everything is ridiculously cheap. That +1 power charge fenumus was 1div, that perfect max roll life/2 projectile gem Utulas was also, 1 div. All the other uniques in that PoB are like 50c or less.

I'm guessing that there are so many more timeless emblems available for cheap because of MFers that its a lot more common this league. Like everything else that isn't a bossing item.

Don't worry though, it flip flopped with Progenesis. Which is ~100+ div now.
Shouldn't Timeless Jewels be really cheap then as well? I was just looking for a Tempered By War with 2x Phys Taken as Fire and nothing was under 1D. Most were well above.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Phys taken as is a pretty hot commodity this league from what I've seen in pricing other things.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Bought 10 blight maps and ran today. Only Tier 11s though. At least I got into the profit. Looks a lot like the 2020 election over here.

No good drops besides 2 raw Divines, a good Div card and some Silver Oils.

Skärmbild 2023-12-31 161102.png

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Phys taken as is a pretty hot commodity this league from what I've seen in pricing other things.

Yea with the popularity of the pathfinder lightning coil setups and chieftan losing its natural phys taken as fire those jewels are peak popularity right now to try and cover gaps.

The timeless jewel market in general is complete nonsense though. People just dump every single one in a divine tab and anything they get messaged for they move up to 50 divines and sit on it until it goes to standard.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Frostblink of Wintry Blast doesn't have the Blink tag. Caster builds now have their equivalent of whirling blades + withering step.

I didn't comment on Stasis Prison because I thought it hilariously expensive. 15D...is that new this league?

there's only 18 even for sale right now

Quick everyone buy a stasis prison and wait for some youtube idiot to make a video and we'll all be rich.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Shouldn't Timeless Jewels be really cheap then as well? I was just looking for a Tempered By War with 2x Phys Taken as Fire and nothing was under 1D. Most were well above.

The one that I have in my build, I bought for 80c 3 days ago. Not sure why they are so expensive now. However, I bought that when I was still running a cloak of flames setup. I'm sure they help but honestly I'm leaning towards replacing with something that will offer more life or an impossible escape. I might even dump the taste of hate.

I have enough flask nodes that I can use a regular sapphire flask with the less duration/increased effect prefix and a good suffix at 100% uptime. Its already how I have my topaz and ruby flasks set up.

EDIT: Cloak of Flame works decently as well, I just didn't like getting randomly one shot because I only had ~1600 hp with petrified blood. Utula's had the slight problem of not being able to use the chaos damage leeched as life eldritch implicit on gloves though, which makes the build insanely tanky as long as you actually aren't getting one shot.

Last edited:

Khane

Yea with the popularity of the pathfinder lightning coil setups and chieftan losing its natural phys taken as fire those jewels are peak popularity right now to try and cover gaps.

The timeless jewel market in general is complete nonsense though. People just dump every single one in a divine tab and anything they get messaged for they move up to 50 divines and sit on it until it goes to standard.

Timeless jewels are honestly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in any game... ever. Lets design an item that has meaningless flavor text and players will need a third party tool to even see what it does. Oh, and it will add or change up to a dozen notables in radius and who has the time to figure out if some build somewhere wants some combination of all of them?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Timeless jewels are honestly one of the dumbest things I've ever seen in any game... ever. Lets design an item that has meaningless flavor text and players will need a third party tool to even see what it does. Oh, and it will add or change up to a dozen notables in radius and who has the time to figure out if some build somewhere wants some combination of all of them?

Also the buying and selling of them was a fucking mess until just recently.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Khane

Wait Deathwing Deathwing are you sure you were searching for them correctly?

This one has 4, one on a node you wouldnt want to travel to, one a mostly wasted frenzy charge but its only one extra passive, and 2 on nodes that are actually worth taking (especially if you're going spell suppress), and its only 1 div

I see some others with it on 2 nodes Im already taking in the 4-5d range

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Back in my day you couldn't even search by their historic number and had to just buy 100 of them and try them all out.

I do love the conspiracy though that the exalt/divine swap only happened because PoB cracked the seeding on them and was able to create the jewel finder, so they had to remove the realistic ability to be able to divine spam them.

• 1Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Wait Deathwing Deathwing are you sure you were searching for them correctly?

This one has 4, one on a node you wouldnt want to travel to, one a mostly wasted frenzy charge but its only one extra passive, and 2 on nodes that are actually worth taking (especially if you're going spell suppress), and its only 1 div

I see some others with it on 2 nodes Im already taking in the 4-5d range

I usually make the build, then fit the Timeless Jewel into passives taken. So, I click the "Filter Nodes" checkbox in PoB. Which jewel socket is that?

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So spending $500 in PoE over your accounts history will get you an invite into the upcoming closed beta?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Infused/Frenetic
Yeah, my build doesn't pick those up. I'm not sure I'd think the phys taken as fire worthwhile if the underlying passive wasn't.

I had to settle with spending a div on one. Usually my baseline is half the notables in radius are ones I can choose as ones I want. Maybe if I want the keystone too, it needs to cost more.

First time playing a tempered by war, mahu shield build. The latter is cheap this league for some reason. Supply doesn't seem up...demand way down?

Khane

Oh hrmmm, I checked prices a while back on mahu and it was ~20div. At 5 div I might play around with it. That tempered by war combo is a nice one.

• 1Like

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Playing mostly ssf (bought a 6l and profane proxy) this league with my own SRS guardian build. Last league was the first time I had done any research and went freezing pulse totems. This build feels waaay better. It may be because Im playing on PS5 and you don't have a cursor on console only a vector so totems/tanks are appealing. But as someone who is basically becoming aware that they still know nothing about most of this game, I'm glad I'm better this league.

Happy New Year!

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
I thought I was doing pretty well with a dominus keystone, 2 useful mods, and 2 nodes with 5% mana as ES, AND no nodes that transform useful ones on my militant faith for 2D (iirc) on like day 5. Having useful *offensive* mods would have been like 6D at the time. Having 3 of those nodes was like 15 or something, but they're out there.

Concur that timeless jewels are pretty serious horseshit, especially before they were solved. I think I spent like 100divines random-ing for good ones in legion league, but that's when divines were like 4c. Pretty amazing that it took how many years to crack them? 3? 4?

If anyone's curious, here's the build I've been playing all league:
It's a Ball Lightning of Orbiting, power charge, ES, and Mana stacking self-cast Heiro. Though kind of half-assed stacking because the 'true' way to get 10K+ ES and mana thru Int+mana stacking is crazy expensive. Chaos Inoc because fuck it, why not, and getting chaos res gear is annoying. Fanaticism from forbidden jewels and shield charge for massive cast speed. I THINK the small bit of flat cold damage I got + the huge crit chance + hit rate of ball lightning freezes everything pretty well, but it's kind of hard to tell HOW well in all the chaos of modern POE. It's pretty zoomy in open maps (the shield might not look like much, but it's HUGE QOL, and was 20C (super lucky to find it at that) to boot!), BLoO sucks in tight spaces because it poofs on walls (though you can link in return proj if this bothers you), though delving isn't bad at 125 depth so far. With everything procced and flasked (including Vaal RF) it's at like 30M+ dps, with 80K+ effective HP. That's kind of misleading though because if you actually end up taking many hits outside of cloak you'll blow up pretty fast. It's relatively reliable to proc most of it though, uptime is pretty good on both cloak and fanaticism with proper technique of alternating shield charge with ~1sec of ball lightning casts. 25% Shock, exposure, and unnerve should be up all the time with the hit rate of BL.

My gear isn't too bad, but by no means amazing. I think the double clarity watcher's eye is the most expensive thing, and the ring with the power charge synth mod was a few D. Whole build cost is under ~30D if I had to guess. I got super lucky with a doctor card early and that financed all the good shit, before the juice started to flow with all the people doing the abyss strat.

Now I'm not sure where to go with it, whether to keep going with this or roll up something more tanky and easier to boss with. Upgrades would be another woke gem or 2 (10D+ each), better wand, gloves, boots, and maybe a stygian with +% attributes/int. That means shifting the whole thing over to basically true int stacking, which means shifting the tree around, and that means split personalities which were 10D+ each last I looked. Not sure about now. An easy upgrade would be fertile catalysts, but holy shit they're 25C each last I looked. 500C to catalyze an amulet is crazy, IMO.

What to roll up though? Yet another jugg? Occultist or trickster? Max block glad? Hmmmm