Pathfinder: Kingmaker

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Wonder how many copies of the game that video will sell. I've resisted for different reasons until now, but will probably snag it this weekend.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Probably quite a few. Since TB passed away I've had a hard time finding a replacement for solid reviews that I trust. Cohh doesn't do the same type of reviewing, but I know I can trust him to give his honest opinion about a game.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I watched a little bit of Cohh's play through. Enough to convince me this is something I want to play. Is it worth picking up the DLC right away or is it something that should be done after the main game?

I think it's one endless sort of dungeon thing, and then one DLC (Varnhold's lot) that is best done around the end of act 2? Enemies and loot doesn't scale in the game, so if you go do it at the end, you'll just blow through it. Not done it myself though. One DLC also ads a new character that is tied to the base game. So for the "full" game in terms of story, get her and the Varnhold dlc. Can skip the endless dungeon.

There is a "secret" ending which consists of doing lots of checks throughout the game (right conversation options and the like). Miss one and you won't be able to do it. Very hard to do without a guide. Cohh thought he had it, but devs checked his save and he had missed one check. Devs redid his game save to let him see it which was nice of them.

I'm still in Act 2, but kind of want to restart. Trying a summoner class and it feels so passive. Powerful, but just summon pets.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Hmm I remember the launch opinions were pretty poor on this so I kinda skipped on it, especially after Pillars 2 which was a big shitty mess too and really disapointed me since I was pretty hyped about it. Seems they turned it around a fair bit so I guess I'll add it to my wishlist, since Pillars2 just got a big patch I was considering maybe replaying that, but I guess I'll keep my CRPGs open for Pathfinder: Kingmaker instead and fuck pillars.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It was a super fun game at launch but I eventually got to the point where I couldn't move forward in the storyline.

I'll have to start over now, it's been long enough and my memory is Swiss cheesed enough that I should have fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Hmm I remember the launch opinions were pretty poor on this so I kinda skipped on it, especially after Pillars 2 which was a big shitty mess too and really disapointed me since I was pretty hyped about it. Seems they turned it around a fair bit so I guess I'll add it to my wishlist, since Pillars2 just got a big patch I was considering maybe replaying that, but I guess I'll keep my CRPGs open for Pathfinder: Kingmaker instead and fuck pillars.

Pillars 2 had a lot of other problems mostly the story and combat system being totally boring. Even for an isometric RPG.

That and the retarded choose your own adventure pirate boat fight shit. I really hated that.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
Pathfinder is an awsome Game. It was just buggy as hell and it is poorly optimized. I would use a few mods to get access to kingdom screen from anywhere e.g. to reduce loading times.
I have an old machine and loading times drove me nuts.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I've been really itching to play again. I'm trying to wait till the end of this month when the endless dungeon dlc comes out though

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I forgot about this game until I saw that it's on sale on Steam. Worth it?

• 1WTF

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
depends on whether or not you like crpg's. if you do, absolutely yes, it's worth it. if you don't, then no. i don't think this will win you over

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I do, I just remember hearing a lot of bad shit about this a while back

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the ONLY negatives were a few bugs and a couple POTENTIAL kingdom ending things that could royally screw you if they showed up at the wrong time, but the real serious ones were real few and far between. i have probably.... erm... 100ish hours over 2 playthroughs (i stopped for a bit because i wanted to wait for the dlc's) and didn't ever have a single bug. it's anecdotal so take it for what it's worth. oh, also depending on your rig, load times were pretty long but i think they reduced that pretty significantly?

the biggest problem i've had is just adjusting to the pathfinder ruleset and how it's different in game. there's no ruleset book so it's a huge hassle trying to figure out when to take what feat and whatnot.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If you aren't down to min max aka grind the rule book, I think the recommended builds are fine? But youre missing out on some lawls if you do decide to learn it. You can make some really crazy op shit/combos.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Getting a fresh start at this today after I research some builds. I didn't get too far with any of the character stories but I will be making use of re-spec since some of the character classes they start with are stupid.

I like to keep the theme of the companion classes though so I don't really deviate too far from what their original class was. Especially if it has a hand in their story.

Maybe will run a Vivisectionist main or something really not sure yet.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
recommended classes/builds?

Currently debating if I want to add a bunch of Meme related avatars/portraits, LOL

EDIT: monk class? LOL Soygen Soygen

PEgWvC4.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
recommended classes/builds?

Currently debating if I want to add a bunch of Meme related avatars/portraits, LOL

I just fired this up and after debating on classes again I am running a tiefling Psychokineticist/monk for something different. Watched a video on the build's potential and it certainly seems fun. I respecced by party into some other stuff taking the Barbarian, the Bard, and the Cleric first off. But I am going to respec the Barb to invulnerable rager. As much as I like the overly grim Priest of Groetus, he has some weird unique class shit that you have a hard time respeccing through to even other cleric classes.

Not taking the undead inquisitor. But we will see about the later companions. I like their character development stories so I would like to do as many as I can.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I finally picked this up after reading about it off and on for a while. I think I just spent about 3 or 4 hours reading build discussions in various places. I am still confused on a few things though. For example, I thought I would go ahead and make a rogue to see what some people were saying about the ranged sneak attack dmg, but I never could figure out how to spec into anything better than a shortbow. Granted.. I have spent those 3-4 hours at level 1 just reading and looking at the level up screens to get a feel for different builds. In my case, should you skip the rogue talent of 'weapon focus' at lvl 2 so you don't waste it on a shittier weapon? Shortbow was the only option as Longbow was red under the 'unavailable' options and compound bow was not even listed anywhere. Character is human (not sure I wanted to do an elf just for unlocking it) so was not sure how to unlock it and my google fu is not good enough to figure this one out. I figured you had to somehow pick martial weapons or something but not seeing where to even do that, and it seems you cannot NOT pick something during the level up process so as to come back and fill it later with a better choice. Anyway..its late, all these builds are making mah head hurt lol

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Game is incredible. They fixed the only real problems (beside bugs): (1) added the endless dungeon so you can hit 20 before end game without mods, (2) tweaked the difficulty of the end game.

My suggestions first time through:

- standard difficulty (easy if you have zero D&D experience)
- turn off "lose by kingdom failure"
- make 6 mercs ASAP (level 1-2) and only bring in the story characters for their quests

My party was quite good and focused on basically melee-auto pilot with very little micro/babysitting. Basically buff melee and they destroy everything:

- two 2-hand warriors
- two knife Rogues
- Nature Cleric with pet
- Sylvan Sorcerer with pet

You have 4 tanks, 4 melee that do absurd damage, every buff in the game. All classes pure so no way to screw up the builds.

Two Rangers might be easier than two Knife Rogues because I've heard their damage is nearly as ridiculous but from range.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I finally picked this up after reading about it off and on for a while. I think I just spent about 3 or 4 hours reading build discussions in various places. I am still confused on a few things though. For example, I thought I would go ahead and make a rogue to see what some people were saying about the ranged sneak attack dmg, but I never could figure out how to spec into anything better than a shortbow. Granted.. I have spent those 3-4 hours at level 1 just reading and looking at the level up screens to get a feel for different builds. In my case, should you skip the rogue talent of 'weapon focus' at lvl 2 so you don't waste it on a shittier weapon? Shortbow was the only option as Longbow was red under the 'unavailable' options and compound bow was not even listed anywhere. Character is human (not sure I wanted to do an elf just for unlocking it) so was not sure how to unlock it and my google fu is not good enough to figure this one out. I figured you had to somehow pick martial weapons or something but not seeing where to even do that, and it seems you cannot NOT pick something during the level up process so as to come back and fill it later with a better choice. Anyway..its late, all these builds are making mah head hurt lol

god i havent played DnD/Pathfinder in ages, but iirc longbow is a martial weapon and rogues don't get martial weapon proficiency. I don't think compound bows even exist, but would be either martial or exotic if they do. I don't think you really need a longbow since the improvement over shortbow is mostly irrelevant (d8 instead of d6, increased range doesn't matter because you have to be within 30 feet) and most of your damage comes from your sneak dice.