Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
ah. yeah. I think I figured it out early. but forgot about it later, and was confused when I took rapid shot.

I plan to stick with pure builds for all the characters. Although, saw a topic on reddit, which made me wonder. is there anyone "designed to multi-class"?
like, in kingmaker Octavia starts as 1 wizard, 1 rogue. shes CLEARLY set up to get arcane trickster when shes high enough level to do it. get her at level 2, but arcane trickster requires level 5min iirc?

Octavia, like the rest of the cast, is designed to be 100% remade with the Respecialization mod. Hey, we've got just all the classes and subclasses but you only get full creative control over one character. If you make mercenaries they have less build points and if you rock mercs you'll miss out on a mountain of exp and rewards and the Big Bad is 100% going to kill them all for you ignoring their shit.

My very first attempt at the game I couldn't believe they stuck me with a 14 strength warrior with tower shield spec, a 16 strength barbarian with an oversized weapon and a bard. How the fuck do you expect me to hit goddamn anything with these turnips?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ah. yeah. I think I figured it out early. but forgot about it later, and was confused when I took rapid shot.

I plan to stick with pure builds for all the characters. Although, saw a topic on reddit, which made me wonder. is there anyone "designed to multi-class"?
like, in kingmaker Octavia starts as 1 wizard, 1 rogue. shes CLEARLY set up to get arcane trickster when shes high enough level to do it. get her at level 2, but arcane trickster requires level 5min iirc?
Almost all the followers can easily multiclass w/o mods to totally repec them, and be better for it. Pathfinder really seems to be all about multiclassing. It's just that it's a complicated system, so many combos certainly aren't obvious or true to lore/story. Also, you don't need to do any of that, outside of the top two difficulties.

As reavor reavor said, Woljif is probably the most obvious candidate for prestige Arcane Trickster, and of course Regill starts as a Hellknight.

Owlcat set up an auto level for all the companions, but I never looked at how the Devs set up those specs. I would assume that was the "official" plan for each of them, but they may have stayed with pure classes, the whole way through. That way people could learn from what the dev's picked out, while keeping it easy-ish to understand.

Caliane

well found a perfectly balanced and exploit free spell/feat combo.

Cave fangs.
10min/level duration.
As a free action place a trap that does 3d8 bludgening/piercing damage 5ft aoe. placing a trap consumes 10min duration.

enduring cast mythic makes any spell with longer then 1 hour duration, last 24 hours.
so, cave fangs goes from 8 casts or so.. which in itself is crazy. 24d8.. to 144 casts.

its persistent as well. its a self buff. so can be carried into later fights. and free action. can just be cast over and over and over on the same turn. no "once per turn" limit.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Caliane

I got arue in my party now. perfect fit. woljif ran away, and was too annoying to get sneak attack consistently with anyway. (although, the free tric mount probably would enable that)
Still in drezen and regill is on the tric. regill is pretty solid too.

atm its, me, witch of the veil. seelah+mount, regil+mount, nenio, ember, and Arue.

seelah and I can both do trickery, but not as directly focused as woljif, or arue.

my pc witch of the veil is not a direct powerhouse. free invis/dimension door every round is strong, but I'm not making any special use of it. hex's are great. spells are just ok. great heroism. veil spells, are odd. several illusions. +confusion. steps on nenios toes a bit. competing with the will dc items for phantasmal killler/weird. Did just figure out the cave fangs cheese. I could spec nenio elsewhere. shes my haste/cats/owls/bulls/greater invis buff bot. with some phantasmal.. def a bit unfocused atm.. should probalby focus her on weird/phanstasmal, and respec nenio to enchantment or something. (and of course cave fangs cheese did just turn her into a powerhouse.)

ember is heals, fire spells, hexes too. double hex is totally viable/useful.

so, woljif is probably being sidelined. he deserted. again, mount will probably solve his sneak attack issue. but still, have regil, arue, and lann. lann is so annoying.. but strong.
do I go 2 archers, competing for composite longbows? sortof plan A there. but, could also take arue, and regill. or arue, and woljif.
sosiel is an option too. heal overkill.. but as a cleric does get some spells the others don't. restoration, etc. taking sosiel would be more sidelining ember or nenio likely.

• 1Like

Caliane

so, I got mark of justice on seelah.. which further intensifies the cave fangs bullshit versus selected targets.
the weakness of cave fangs being 3d8 bludge/piercing per cast. 3-24 damage, which is hit hard by damage reduction. and halved on reflex save, and incorporeal on top of that.
hex's and spell focus can target the saves. But damage reduction is harder to overcome. possibly need to dip to get it? AT with surprise spell, and witch of the veil perma invis probably is a strong choice.

or... now just make use of mark of justice.
at 11th level, paladin can extend 2 uses of smite evil, to grant smite evil to all allies for 1 min using the paladins bonuses. swift action. adds charismas bonus to any attack rolls, her paladin LEVEL to damage rolls. smite evil attacks bypass any DR.

so, it just straight up murders any boss as it deals 3d8+11, ignoring DR versus anything evil. (at level 11, will keep scaling)

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Shmoopy

This dude ranks all 199 classes, subclasses, and prestige classes in the game in a 30 part video series. Really well done, and for the most part, correct in my opinion:

Let's take a moment to appreciate a game that has 199 classes. :emoji_thumbsup:

• 4Like
  • 2Mother of God
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Shmoopy

Uhh yeah, next play through after reviewing that video, feels like the most OP class / Mythic possible is Legend Mythic Path, Long Bow, 20 levels of "Ranger - Demonslayer", and 20 levels of "Slayer - Deliverer". Would be absolutely retarded damage.

velk

Trakanon Raider
This dude ranks all 199 classes, subclasses, and prestige classes in the game in a 30 part video series. Really well done, and for the most part, correct in my opinion:

Let's take a moment to appreciate a game that has 199 classes. :emoji_thumbsup:

That's a nice roundup, although it's worth noting he does start with 'I'm not a min-maxer, I don't play on unfair, I don't do multi-class because it interferes with my class fantasy and they aren't ranked against each other, but against how well they fill their 'role''. ( Which is probably why the top 5 aren't all 'Sorcerer (x)'. )

• 1Like

Caliane

yeah. but also to be fair, thats more or less how I prefer to play for one. but also, vid is too short, and he doesn't explain why he thinks most of them are where he ranks them. he put witch of the veil at D. I'd be curious why he thinks that. Loses out on 1 hex overall, but gains super powerful invis/teleport every turn, and access to a number of mind effecting spells, weird.

Some general thoughts.
Owlcats crpgs tend to play like a tactical puzzle game more then a story generator rpg like Pnp. this isn't inherently a bad thing, but they never provide the proper tools for it.
game is designed with you almost required to plan your build out, at creation. you need to know what spells exist, what mythic feats exist, etc to plan correctly. I can't even look at the witch spell list. thats dumb.
Knowing what weapons will drop, to plan ahead with weapon focus. I know theres mods that change weapon focus from specific weapon, to weapon groups. Which makes a ton of sense.
Respecing is turned off on core+, which is dumb... and respecing the MC is a pita, as it takes you back to character generation entirely. AND wipes out any prepared cast spellbook you have. you lose any learned scrolls.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

velk

Trakanon Raider
yeah. but also to be fair, thats more or less how I prefer to play for one. but also, vid is too short, and he doesn't explain why he thinks most of them are where he ranks them. he put witch of the veil at D. I'd be curious why he thinks that. Loses out on 1 hex overall, but gains super powerful invis/teleport every turn, and access to a number of mind effecting spells, weird.

The linked video is just the summary - he's got individual videos on each class too which have all the details.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Caliane

70% off basegame sale atm as well. 50% off dlc. not including last sarkorians.

• 1Like

Caliane

Coming to a close on this. in act 5, need to head to threshold.

so far I'd rate this a 9/10. My favorite tactical rpg in some time. the last one I actually FINISHED was Divinity:OS 1, iirc.

even kingmaker and divinity:0s 2, I never finished. os2 I petered out in late act 3. kingmaker was pretty near the end. don't remember exactly where. never finished pillars of eternity 1.
poor storylines, poor pacing. etc.

This one kept me involved. And the mythic path thing has me even wanting to outright replay with other paths. I think the high char level+mythic levels kept the levels up coming frequently enough. felt like constant progression. and the deep character creation, feats also added depth.

like, divinitys character creation is kindof shallow. you level up, you don't spend 2 hours theorycrafting a build. or going to a guide to figure what to do. PoE, starsector, etc... I love games where you can spend as much time theorycrafting then playing..

I did hit a pacing issue here at the end of act 5. I cleared out the map, a full 10 months early for the "secret ending" time gate. as well as military/logistics max ranks.
Crusade was a bit too easy. I wish demon armies were more aggressive and frequent. again, cleared the map, LONG before I even unlocked half the units or decrees.

• 3Like

Caliane

Finished. and going to repeat. not only did I really enjoy this, but I am also really tempted to outright play again, just to do a different class and path.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm ashamed that I haven't completed this yet given the fact that the only games that truly keep my interest anymore is this type (Iso-RPGs).

I'm about to hit Act 4 and my 3 'Rogues' (my character, Greybor, and Woljif) are a fucking blender. The others are basically just buff bots for my hit squad.

Caliane

on sale in steam spring sale. 70% off base game. 50% off dlc each.. or 70% off season pass.

however, check out the bundles.. its applying the 70% off twice it seems.
91% off.

Mythic edition will give you the DLC via season pass. 70% off the 70% off.

note, the current dlc, is not part of these sales.

Kingmaker is also on sale, but it sale doesn't seem like a mistake. 70% off base game, 55% off dlc, and 30% off dlc price for bundle.

Edit: looks like pricing is fixed. just 70% off now.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I cannot find the damn portrait pack I used. Reinstalled Windows and lost the shits.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
Not a fan DLCs that don't really add anything to your main character or the overall story.