Peacemaker

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Well that sounds horrible, Cena kinda made the character and is aging fast

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Well that sounds horrible, Cena kinda made the character and is aging fast

Filming with Jackie Chan for Snafu took a lot of out of him also. He became depressed and his physique took a major hit. Tough to come back from that at 45 years old.

1680943444986.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
  • 1WTF

Oldbased

> Than U
Damn 7 month gap on this thread only to find out we got another 3 year gap on next season.
What's up with Jewywood these days and taking years to release 8 episode seasons where we used to get 20+ episodes twice a year up until the past decade?
Less new shows too.
Oh well, least we got Strange New Worlds coming in June I think it is.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Those 24 episode seasons had a ton of filler and repetition. I don't think we need to go back to those.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Those 24 episode seasons had a ton of filler and repetition. I don't think we need to go back to those.
spoilers, its still all filler bullshit. there are maybe 3 episodes of actual content in an 8 episode season. at least a 24 episode season you get filler and you get to know the characters.

• 1Dislike
  • 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Soo dumb. The best thing to come outnof DC in years and shelved for 3 years. Although the Waller series is supposed to be like Peacemaker 1.5.
Not just the best out of DC but this show is the best superhero live action product since 2019 Endgame/The Boys S1. Hard to believe they need three years to make it fit into the Gunnverse.

At least Gunn didn't totally shitcan the whole show though, I guess.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
spoilers, its still all filler bullshit. there are maybe 3 episodes of actual content in an 8 episode season. at least a 24 episode season you get filler and you get to know the characters.
The only show that needed 24 episodes was... 24, and it was great because the filler was Jack Bauer killing pedo's, torturing terrorists and breaking the law.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Thanks guys, now I'm bummed! I saw how long we'd have to wait until I got to see Agent McHottie again so I looked her up on IMDB, and there isn't anything at all listed for upcoming work for her.
bullshit bs GIF

Might as well trigger myself twice now, with Lance Reddick being gone forever too :(

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The only show that needed 24 episodes was... 24, and it was great because the filler was Jack Bauer killing pedo's, torturing terrorists and breaking the law.
when you have character driven shows, shouldnt you have the chance to get to know and care about the characters? right?

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
Thanks guys, now I'm bummed! I saw how long we'd have to wait until I got to see Agent McHottie again so I looked her up on IMDB, and there isn't anything at all listed for upcoming work for her.
bullshit bs GIF

Might as well trigger myself twice now, with Lance Reddick being gone forever too :(

well considering she and James Gunn are married...

• 1Blown

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
when you have character driven shows, shouldnt you have the chance to get to know and care about the characters? right?
Easily doable with 13 episode seasons. Do you really feel robbed by breaking bad, better call Saul, mad men, six feet under, the wire, sopranos, oz etc?

And, keep in mind, those 20+ seasons were mostly broadcast network shows so that's like 40 minutes of actual show. And plenty of them would have a crisis of the week that didn't really add much to the characters.

24 episodes for 24 didn't mean much more character depth, just more silly twists that often undetermined characters. Or prison break season one where they extended the show and killed all buildup and tension. Lost that just added more pointless meandering and masturbatory tangents.

I think the long seasons were really only nice with comedies.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Easily doable with 13 episode seasons. Do you really feel robbed by breaking bad, better call Saul, mad men, six feet under, the wire, sopranos, oz etc?

And, keep in mind, those 20+ seasons were mostly broadcast network shows so that's like 40 minutes of actual show. And plenty of them would have a crisis of the week that didn't really add much to the characters.

24 episodes for 24 didn't mean much more character depth, just more silly twists that often undetermined characters. Or prison break season one where they extended the show and killed all buildup and tension. Lost that just added more pointless meandering and masturbatory tangents.

13 episodes is a good compromise, 6 or 8 episodes really is too short. i just remember becoming attached to certain characters over a long season.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

It really depends on the show.

Shows like X-Files, House, Dexter, etc. work great with more episodes since the _____ of the week are what the shows are all about while the overarching story is just there to add flavor and give the writers different things to work with.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
this show will take so long to make a season two they will have to change the title to Pacemaker! the cast will be too old and frail to do the action scenes.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seriously wtf, I need my eagly and vigilante! I was under the impression season 2 was in production for some reason

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob

she's james gunns wife so definitely has the inside scoop/dick. gunn directed season 1 but i assume he's gonna be way too busy with superman (filming now in iceland) to do this

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member

she's james gunns wife so definitely has the inside scoop/dick. gunn directed season 1 but i assume he's gonna be way too busy with superman (filming now in iceland) to do this
Pretty sure he is jumping straight from Superman to this.

• 1Like