Pets

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I was going to restart this thread today if it wasn't back yet. Koshi, I thought all those pics were of you at first and did a double take on the second one.

I've mentioned I had a pack of dogs. The 2 oldest are Charlie and Stubby. My wife found them wandering the street before she even found me (wandering a different street). Stubby was always friendly, charlie was always shy. She's so shy, I don't even think it's accurate to call her a beta dog. She's more like an omega dog. She didn't even like coming inside. When shew as inside the slightest sudden movement or noise from anyone or anything would send her noping for the doggy door. For years when I got home and went to pet her, she'd roll over on her back, tuck her tail between her legs, wag her tail and piss. Yes, piss would sling everywhere (good thing she was outside). Eventually she stopped pissing, but still rolled over for a long time. My first thought was that she didn't like me petting her. But I never chased her down, I only pet her when she comes to me.

Anyway, all that to say this: for the past week or so, she's been coming into my room in the morning to get some lovin and sitting up straight. I take her head in my hands, talk nice to her and scratch both ears at the same time. When I do this she starts smiling and grunting and this morning I realized she's basically purring. So i have a dog that purrs and a cat that doesn't, but the cat used to play fetch, so I guess it evens out.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Took my cat in for a check up and her rabies shots yesterday. She is around 15 years old. She's in good health. Having a couple teeth cleaned and pulled tomorrow(canned food isn't good for the teeth). Probably going to be about 250-300 bucks. Cat is going to out live me at this rate.

Glad to hear she's gone this long. I put my 3rd pet down in an 12 month period about 2 weeks ago. My cat lived to 18. No recent picture's which I'm kicking myself in the ass for. But she looked great up until the end day. She had renal failure, and about 20% of her normal kidney function at the end and up until about 2 weeks prior, you would never have guessed anything was wrong.

Down to just a 14 year old Jack Russel now which will be hard to see go also, but still going strong. Due to the condo rules, will probably start over with 2 kittens and a puppy instead of the other way around like I used to. Will be sad, but since I have little interest in real children, I am really looking forward to the initial months and first year or so. They are a handful, but fuck if it isn't fun as hell watching them grow/learn.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Yeah, the integration functions are great.. Imgur just doesn't make it obvious which link is for the album vs pic, though the album insert looks like it might need a tweak since it's cutting off the image.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Glad to hear she's gone this long. I put my 3rd pet down in an 12 month period about 2 weeks ago. My cat lived to 18. No recent picture's which I'm kicking myself in the ass for. But she looked great up until the end day. She had renal failure, and about 20% of her normal kidney function at the end and up until about 2 weeks prior, you would never have guessed anything was wrong.

Down to just a 14 year old Jack Russel now which will be hard to see go also, but still going strong. Due to the condo rules, will probably start over with 2 kittens and a puppy instead of the other way around like I used to. Will be sad, but since I have little interest in real children, I am really looking forward to the initial months and first year or so. They are a handful, but fuck if it isn't fun as hell watching them grow/learn.

I've been traveling for work a lot the last few years and at times it has been hard to have a pet. So I planned not to get one for a while when she passes. My girlfriend that is moving in shortly has another younger cat so guess we will have cats for a while. It won't be so bad though because she can be home with them when I travel. I need to start regulating her food again which was impossible while I was traveling, shes put on some weight. Once I move I should be home more and can slim her back down.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
No extractions for my cat yay. They are keeping her over night though.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
PebHXbq.jpg
my beautiful fur babies.

We also have a black cat no one cares about.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We were all enjoying my backyard when I noticed my dog throwing shit up in the air and chewing on it.

Ran over and yep... baby bunnies strewn about the yard. 2 seemed fine, one had a couple drops of blood, and the other had a cut on its head. Upon further inspection it may have been a puncture :\

I put them back in the nest, there's not much we can do for a newborn bunny with a cut on its head. I just hope they make it. They choose to breed in my yard every damn year.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Should have let your dog kill those little fuck machines and bring you home some dinner.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
We were all enjoying my backyard when I noticed my dog throwing shit up in the air and chewing on it.

Sounded like the dog was having a good time. Reminds me of my Jack Russel. A few years ago, neighbor was the old former farmer type, raised chickens in his back yard etc. He left the gate open and my JR got out and in there. She caught one, broke it's neck, then ran around chasing the others with it in her mouth like it was a squeak toy. She had the time of her life. It was morbid and hilarious as I had to try to catch her.

Had to of course apologize to the neighbor, he was way cool about it, said cats get them all the time, and he expects casualties. Gotta love the old folks who just don't give a fuck.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man they were like a day old. About the size of mice. And all of this in front of my wife and one year old son. At least he laughed about it.

khorum

Murder Apologist
Man they were like a day old. About the size of mice. And all of this in front of my wife and one year old son. At least he laughed about it.

Baww that sucks man. Rabbits are fucking awesome pets. Adorable, less finicky, and adorable.

qzsfJsl.jpg

qzsfJsl.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I have the cat that wasn't eating and had to have a feeding tube inserted. Yesterday she had the tube removed because she's been eating fine on her own the past week or two, and she seems entirely back to normal and I wanted to speed that process along by getting the tube out. No pics currently but I wanted to share because there was a time a couple months ago that I really thought she was going to die, and I'm beyond ecstatic to have her back to normal again. She has two staples in her neck right now that will come out in two weeks, so after that other than a scar and some fur that still needs to grow back on her neck and belly, she'll be good as new.

I can't get her to eat dry food anymore for the life of me though. Which is a concern because I live alone and used to just go away for a few days, content in the knowledge that she'd eat the dry food I left out and be fine. Now she needs to be fed wet food several times a day. Not sure what I can do to get her eating dry food again, as I've tried almost everything (yes, including sprinkling some in the wet food), but maybe I just need to buy a ton of small bags until I find one that appeals to her, since she doesn't like every wet food either.