Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017)

Caliane

Wat? The last Pirates Movie made over a Billion world wide, the first one was actually the least successful one. Johnny Depp has two films announced, two completed, one filming, two post production and one pre-production. That's pretty damn busy for someone almost out of Hollywood.
Crazy foreign. it did shit in the US.
US gross. order most to least #2, 3, 1, 4.
241m US for #4.

Pirates of the Caribbean Movies at the Box Office - Box Office Mojo

#2 and #4 both over a billion. #3 very close.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I understand 2 being in front of 1 (still shit but sequel)....but 3?????????
that shit with the 20 jack sparrows was fucking annoying. i think when they did that, it broke my -give a fucks- meter about him and now i wouldnt mind at all if a hole in the earth opened up and he really did get taken down to davey jones locker.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
I'm ashamed to admit I want to see this. Loved the original. Begrudgingly watched the sequel and that where I stopped. Just have too much love for Javier Bardem as a villain!
Nothing wrong wanting to see it. I enjoy all the movies when free at home. I don't think any of them are worth going out of the way to spend money on but that is just an opinion. I'll happily watch it on Starz or whatever though when it pops up.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
I always liked the first three, felt like a very piratey trilogy that should have ended on that. I don't really understand why people disliked them so much, it's an action comedy poking fun at as many things piratey and maritime as they could think of in an over-the-top kind of way. like when he marries them on the boat in the third movie, that was just lighthearted silly fun to me.

Szlia

It's pretty simple: Gore Verbinski directs? Good to great. Rob Marshall directs? Meh. Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg direct? Wait and see.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll go see this tomorrow for $6 movie day. I'll let you know if it's any good. I still haven't seen the 4th one, though.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Doesn't matter how awful it gets reviewed, will still likely make a billion. Lemmings.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Didn't even know this came out..only heard that it got pirated and held at ransom or some shit and thought, "Cool, maybe it'll release early" didn't even know the release date and anything. This was the most un-announced pirates movie ever I felt like.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just saw this movie, ignore the critics, it is a worthy entry to the series. Much better than the last one and it gives a solid conclusion to previous story lines. If you like the pirates series go see this.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Will go see this on 5 dollar tuesdays. I always enjoy the PotC movies, don't care about the reviews.

• 1Like

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Does it have a scene that's as awesome as the wheel fight in 2?

I saw it yesterday with the wife, had nothing better to do while waiting on a train, there was a theater nearby. Love the first movie, second and third are okay, the fourth was awful. Didn't want to see this one but went anyway and it was okay-entertaining. There WAS a very funny scene involving Jack Sparrow and a guillotine, the whole place laughed out loud at that part.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Just saw this movie, ignore the critics, it is a worthy entry to the series. Much better than the last one and it gives a solid conclusion to previous story lines. If you like the pirates series go see this.

Will concur. Was entertaining. Wasn't phenomenal by any means. But definitely better than some of the previous one(s). Javier Bardem did great.

• 1Like