Planetside 2

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'll look into it. I was worried about over-seriousness, but I'd still like something a step up/more serious than the CCP guys. Especially after one of the kids having 40 people galaxy into Crown on top of 2 factions tank lines. (Not on the station itself) 30 second wipe. Actually that's not bad, I just would like some voice comm regulations rather than 5 people giggling and yelling when leads are trying to give orders.

That is actually the complete opposite of how the outfit in ran. For one we have people who join who had never played before. We actually do a different type of training everyday of the week (Basic infantry training, etc.) Second, you can play with any squad or group type anytime you want. I often play with our infantry squads and then switch to air if I get bored. There is absolutely nothing holding anyone to any squad. Some members get more serious then others and that's okay. You should look into joining up with uswww.planetside-devildogs.com

On a side note, our infantry squads are called Hammer. Usually on Friday and Saturday nights we have a squad or two that go by hammered squad because they are all wasted. We have fun.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'll look into it. I was worried about over-seriousness, but I'd still like something a step up/more serious than the CCP guys. Especially after one of the kids having 40 people galaxy into Crown on top of 2 factions tank lines. (Not on the station itself) 30 second wipe. Actually that's not bad, I just would like some voice comm regulations rather than 5 people giggling and yelling when leads are trying to give orders.
I started on Jaeger last night, playing on TR. Joined Regime's outfit, ARGO. Those dudes are super helpful as well, and don't seem to dick around on TS3 too much. I'm excited to get going.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I started on Jaeger last night, playing on TR. Joined Regime's outfit, ARGO. Those dudes are super helpful as well, and don't seem to dick around on TS3 too much. I'm excited to get going.
We are the industry leader in quality comms.

JOESAN21

<Gold Donor>
Quick question for you Vanu types. Does the Lasher suck now?? For some reason, I have not been getting wasted by them as much as I remember doing in PS1. You would (as NC) always take out the VS Lasher guys, then grab their weps as fast as possible. I dont see that as much in PS2.

Errorplane

Good thing about our outfit is that if you want serious play then there are SLs who do that. Some are relaxed, some are strict, some are somewhere in the middle. We have enough people playing to where you can just join a different squad if you don't like how one squad is running.

Oh and I'll just leave this here. Maturity.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I hate to side with Buzz on anything but that guy DID have his tank lights on.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Did they ever add when you buy stuff from the cash shop it goes to every character? Or is it still just one?

othree

Ok so, I really enjoy this game. I'm subscribing to premium now for the XP/cert bonuses and all that, and then buying an extra 2-3k station cash on top of the 500 I get. Maybe I should just read this thread, but what are absolute must haves that can be bought with SC?

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Ok so, I really enjoy this game. I'm subscribing to premium now for the XP/cert bonuses and all that, and then buying an extra 2-3k station cash on top of the 500 I get. Maybe I should just read this thread, but what are absolute must haves that can be bought with SC?
It depends on what you like to do.

Air/ESF: Buy rocketpods and the air superiority nose gun for your ESF. Air 2 air missiles aren't a bad choice, but if you are a good pilot you can beat someone with A2A missiles using rocketpods.
Liberator: Get the Zephyr tail gun for infantry, and vehicles to a lesser extent. The Dalton is good for vehicles but the Zephyr should do ok.

Carbine: Since you're TR with us, I would recommend the Jaguar or Lynx for Engineer/Light Assault. The Jaguar is the best carbine for medium+ range, but doesn't have many attachments. The Lynx is (slightly)not as good for shooting, but it can attach an underbarrel grenade launcher or shotgun.

Infiltrator: SOAS-20 for up close action. It's the only fully automatic gun they have. M77-B is for long range; bolt action, headshot = kill.

Other classes: I don't play other classes so someone else can help you out with that.

Lightning: HEAT for general purpose: good vs. vehicles, decent splash vs infantry. Skyguard is good now for anti air.

Prowler: I can't really comment on it.

MAX: Definitely get the left burster attachment if air makes you angry and you want to shoot them down. We especially do coordinated AA teams to prevent enemy air superiority. Not mandatory though.

Try out the guns, find out the ones you like too. You can try them out for 30 minutes once a month.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
what the hell, I have not seen any under barrel attachments at all for the Lynx, how am I missing this?

Flying is really good with KB/Mouse in this game just adjust the sensitivity to your liking. It's much better than in BF3.

Xalara

Golden Squire
yes and I love it.
Yeah, joysticks are terrible in this game. I mapped nose up and nose down to Mouse 5 and Mouse 6. That way I get fine grain control from moving my mouse but when I need to do a hard turn I just have my thumb hit up or down. I also turn my mouse to max sensitivity when flying in a plane.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
what the hell, I have not seen any under barrel attachments at all for the Lynx, how am I missing this?

Flying is really good with KB/Mouse in this game just adjust the sensitivity to your liking. It's much better than in BF3.
Maybe it's not the Lynx and it's another carbine. I'm probably wrong. =O

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

yeah I think he is talking about the Trac 5. The lynx is the dominate CQB RoF carbine but sucks nuts at range.

You on bacon? lol was laying in bed

Pancreas

Vyemm Raider
I started playing this again recently after taking most of December and January off. I am noticing a lot fewer people playing, at least on Mattherson. How is everyone else's servers doing?

Also I plunked Buzzcutpsycho in the head pretty good. Fucker didn't die though, just ducked into a building and I never saw him again for the rest of the night.