Planetside 2

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No there is so much air running amok that every single base you spawn at except warp gate has libarators hovering above the spawn room.
This has about truth to it as the earlier "a AA max can kill a ESF in 5 seconds solo".

Rarely when I fall back to a base that is outside the enemies primary target is it also under seige. Libs, at least on my server, are not just camping out at spawns @ random bases just to kill anyone walking out. Libs pretty much concentrate on the huge main fight because that is where the kills rack up.

I do agree with brekk though, I would rather have the old libs that were true bombers. No firing artillery rounds from 500m up and 400m off target. Leave that to the galaxies with grenade launchers and mini artillery. Having the damage capability of a lib with that much freedom and movement is insane.

I do expect some kind of change to libs. Atm I think they are too strong for the damage output that have. With libs ability to sit off target they should be a lot weaker, armor wise. Yes rendering can be a issue but that mostly happens in huge fights in very close quarters. I've never had the issue in big outside fights(and yes I fly when needed). Maybe give them a stronger AA tail gun to fight off ESF's but make their durability a lot less. Atm even in a AA ESF it takes quite a while to kill one, longer if they flare a lock on missile. Only way they die fast is being swarmed or a rocket ESF catches them hovering/going super slow and unloads all of the rockets into them. Something will be done, they are growing in numbers and even atm they compete with ESF/MBTs numbers in big fights at least on my server. I continually see fights with 15-20+ libs in the air. In ps1 you were lucky if you ever saw 5 at one time in a fight, they had a much higher skill ceiling for the pilot and bombardier and it was also easier to avoid the damage(Since the bombs came straight down and the lib couldn't just move his reticule and fire again.

Shano

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I've been playing a crapload since this game out (at like almost 300 hours already. BR49 blah blah) and I have fallen in love with the scythe and have gotten really good at. On a good day with this double xp and a boost I can get 200 certs an hour easily in scythe. But I got a question bros, I would like to start trying lib soon. Do we have any good lib pilots around here? I got a few ideas on how to go about it but I don't want to just start blowing certs on guess really. Just toss me a PM if so, or post here. Doesn't really matter

Oh and fuck NC Max's. Seriously. 1 single infantry class that every gimp and mouth breathers spawn and can completely stop a biolab assault. I'd honestly be highly surprised if we didn't some tweaks on them in the next few weeks. and possibly even max anti air. Unless they can fix the rendering issues I could see SoE just nerfing shit instead.

edit: Sorry, forgot this was my first post. Guess I can't go down in a 1 liner infamy anymore
frown.png

Sancus

Trakanon Raider
I've honestly always thought that the design of bases that typically put spawn points outside of the cap area and in very exposed, easily campable areas was pretty terrible. I really don't think defending would be that "easy" if the spawns were in a better location, hell, at the very least attach all spawn buildings to the cap area so you don't have to walk through vehicle fire just to defend your fucking base if you don't have a vehicle advantage. Vehicles seem plenty good to me without being able to spawn camp 95% of base layouts, and I'd much rather see fixes like this than just nerfing the shit out of vehicles so that they don't feel like vehicles.

xzi

Mouthbreather
If your issue is with spawn camping, maybe you shouldn't be playing online shooters.

Libs are giant floating targets and if you have no air at all/aa then yeah, they're going to be doing amazing. Unless you're vastly outnumbered, I don't see them much of a threat unless they have 3-4 other air with them, which they usually don't.

As far as piloting libs, don't bother unless you have communication with your gunners (or at least your belly gunner). They're extremely effective but only if your team is currentlydominatingthe air-space. Otherwise you're only going to be up for like 30 seconds tops.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've honestly always thought that the design of bases that typically put spawn points outside of the cap area and in very exposed, easily campable areas was pretty terrible. I really don't think defending would be that "easy" if the spawns were in a better location, hell, at the very least attach all spawn buildings to the cap area so you don't have to walk through vehicle fire just to defend your fucking base if you don't have a vehicle advantage. Vehicles seem plenty good to me without being able to spawn camp 95% of base layouts, and I'd much rather see fixes like this than just nerfing the shit out of vehicles so that they don't feel like vehicles.
Heh, don't go there. Nearly all of the bases are complete dogshit when it comes to some sort of "would a real military actually build this way?". There's a reason critical components are 400 ft under ground through 80 layers of doors and blast shields in the real world. Fuck, most of these bases wouldn't even pass "would a real corporation build this way?"

Even ignoring that, we know that the scifi tech of this game will let you have 1 way shields, they're around most spawn rooms. So why isn't every shield like that?

Why aren't there uncapturable teleporters out to the bumfuck buildings that house cap points or generators. Had a 30 minute biolab clusterfuck where the enemy actually owned all the bumfuck buildings, but we had a sunderer down in the vehicle bay. I'm not sure why the base didn't flip faster, but there was a good 20-30 minutes we were bottled up behind our impenetrable vehicle bay shields while we actually controlled nothing else in the base and a huge number of everygoddamnthing campped out side the shield waiting for folks to try to dance back and forth through the shield.

I'm thinking that the change in spawn rooms and the loss of blowing the tubes from PS1 to PS2 is actually a negative. Blowing the tubes forces the casuals and noobs to spawn away, which is really what they should do now but don't know or forget to. And I realize that those folks with organized outfits play an entirely different game than the noobs that surf the zerk. But those noobs are the ones paying the micro-transactions.

Of course, that just means people camp the tubes instead of the doors sometimes. So Meh.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
yeah cry more about air being so abloo bloo underpowered versus NC burster max. it is literally the only effective anti air. skyguard are dogshit and the lock on launcher can be;flared, after burned and 9/10 fucking explodes uselessly in midair.

Tredge

Vyemm Raider
Oh and fuck NC Max's. Seriously. 1 single infantry class that every gimp and mouth breathers spawn and can completely stop a biolab assault. I'd honestly be highly surprised if we didn't some tweaks on them in the next few weeks. and possibly even max anti air. Unless they can fix the rendering issues I could see SoE just nerfing shit instead.
My LA with auto-shotgun and extended mags will rip through NC maxes. I've taken out three in one run.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So I've been playing a crapload since this game out (at like almost 300 hours already. BR49 blah blah) and I have fallen in love with the scythe and have gotten really good at. On a good day with this double xp and a boost I can get 200 certs an hour easily in scythe. But I got a question bros, I would like to start trying lib soon. Do we have any good lib pilots around here? I got a few ideas on how to go about it but I don't want to just start blowing certs on guess really. Just toss me a PM if so, or post here. Doesn't really matter

edit: Sorry, forgot this was my first post. Guess I can't go down in a 1 liner infamy anymore
frown.png
Decimators will end their little run with the splash killing their eng in the blast as well. I really don't get why people complain about them and I play mostly TR now. I got a BR 28 NCish I think with hacksaws and BR 40 TR so no bias here. They are pretty easy to kill if you are rolling heavy with a deci or LA with C4. Personally I think the dual Mercys are better and I have been wrecking house with those lately.

Got 1000 certs in today (9 hours) feels good. I feel the same way about my mossy. I play ground and air about 50/50.

Shano

I honestly have no problem with AA max's, they do exactly what they are supposed to do and that is to make air very hard and even impossible to fly in sometimes. Only thing I got a problem with is you can't see them long before they can see you (that goes for all infantry in general though) and a lot of times you can't even see the bullets right away either. So you got this stream of death coming at you and you don't even realize it till it's in your face lol.

I really hope they can get these rendering issues fixed but the jaded gamer in me doesn't have much hope =\

Edit: And about the NC max's, they are really just to strong at choke points where infantry is the only option, just like the bio lab I mentioned earlier. Yesterday on my server (Matherson) NC held a bio lab for almost 24 hours straight. At one point during the day both VS and TR was attacking together from each teleporter / landing spot and couldn't even make a dent. This dead lock was pretty much cause of the max's of course. Forget about VS and TR max's no other class period can do that. I would like to say it's just a design flaw in bio labs, but I've never seen VS or TR do anything like that, so I dunno.

Oh and before anyone says anything, yes the obvious thing to do would just be to leave the bio lab at that point and that's what everyone with a functioning brain did. But so many retards sat there all damn day feeding those assholes. Who the hell knows how many certs they got now. Feels bad bros =(

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If your issue is with spawn camping, maybe you shouldn't be playing online shooters.

Libs are giant floating targets and if you have no air at all/aa then yeah, they're going to be doing amazing. Unless you're vastly outnumbered, I don't see them much of a threat unless they have 3-4 other air with them, which they usually don't.

As far as piloting libs, don't bother unless you have communication with your gunners (or at least your belly gunner). They're extremely effective but only if your team is currentlydominatingthe air-space. Otherwise you're only going to be up for like 30 seconds tops.
Yep your idea that best way of fixing the problem is to just not play the game is exactly what is going to happen.

You should put in a job app to to SoE so you can share your wisdom with them.

Enjoy your incoming lib nerfs Bro if you don't like them maybe you should just not play the game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I'm fine with libs. I wasn't complaining at all. If you're getting spawn camped, spawn one base over and buy a tank or just quit. I don't see the issue.

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The idea that the best way to defend is to actually melt away, regroup, and recap, may end up being a flaw. Taken to the extreme you have factions rotating caps as the zergs dodge each other. Which happened in PS1.

In the same way; in PS1 you saw certain factions owning certain time slots. On my Server, NC owned from like 2pm to 8pm local time, like 50-60% of the total game population was NC during that period. Vanu came out of the woodwork for the night shift, and TR owned the day. By the time I quit playing, each day, every day rotated full continent captures to that schedule, like clockwork. PS2 populations already seem to be trending that way. Whether it's people changing sides to join whoever owns the high population during their normal play time, or just moving to a different server where it's their faction in the majority, it shakes out the same.

W

Wrathcaster

any outfits recruiting members? hate having to hassle myself into one everytime I log out and in.

I tried Brit, but it looks like they are Total Biscuits bitch, so it probably won't sustain after he disappears.

TR - Waterson.
My outfit ARC is still recruiting, even though they say they aren't. You played with us before and we're about to upgrade our TS server to handle larger platoon sizes. Join the cool club brosephalus.

Shano

Man I really wish you guys came to Matherson lol. It's get pretty crazy over there and I haven't even begun to see the problems Ninen mentioned (not that it couldn't happen I suppose). We got the Goons and all billion of them on NC. Enclave on TR led by Buzzcutpshyco. I think someone posted a little drawing of him on the page back. Fucker is like BR90 or some shit. Just unreal.

I really like the other 2 continents a lot but the only thing that sucks on Matherson is it seems like noone gives a shit about them really. Most of the time your're just cappin empty bases or facing very very little opposiition. Just to give you a small idea NC has had Amerish for like ... 2 weeks or something I can't remember. And it's just cause no one really gives to much of a shit to go out there and solo cap 75% of the map. I'm not sure how the other servers do with this. Esamir can get some alright action every now and then but nothing like Indar.

Oh and I Just found (probably common knowledge) that you can talk to other factions in tells and even friend them lol. Made a new buddy on TR last night =p

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm NC on Matherson in the Blue Lions outfit. We've been doing some fairly awesome coordinated assaults.

Remmy

Enjoying the game so far, but main guns on the vehicles are much too effective against infantry. They also seem to be applied against infantry much more than the vehicles they are meant for. Normally in similar style fps's its not a big deal because 5 infantry working together can take out a single tank. But that just doesn't work when there's 30-40 infantry vs 30 tanks/gunships.

Shano

I'm NC on Matherson in the Blue Lions outfit. We've been doing some fairly awesome coordinated assaults.
I've seen a few of you guys around before. Guys have some pretty good players!

Enjoying the game so far, but main guns on the vehicles are much too effective against infantry. They also seem to be applied against infantry much more than the vehicles they are meant for. Normally in similar style fps's its not a big deal because 5 infantry working together can take out a single tank. But that just doesn't work when there's 30-40 infantry vs 30 tanks/gunships.
Do you mean the default guns or the ones you can buy / cert? The default one's are pretty bad really. From what I've seen most people roll with the one's that have high explosion damage but weak armor damage (since there is usually so much more infantry than armor), that's the one that wrecks infantry. And you'd never want to fight 30 tanks with 30 infantry, that would be suicide for sure. Absolutely must have some armor on your side also. But a single infantry unit can kill any tank if they can get close enough.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Man I really wish you guys came to Matherson lol. It's get pretty crazy over there and I haven't even begun to see the problems Ninen mentioned (not that it couldn't happen I suppose). We got the Goons and all billion of them on NC. Enclave on TR led by Buzzcutpshyco. I think someone posted a little drawing of him on the page back. Fucker is like BR90 or some shit. Just unreal.

I really like the other 2 continents a lot but the only thing that sucks on Matherson is it seems like noone gives a shit about them really. Most of the time your're just cappin empty bases or facing very very little opposiition. Just to give you a small idea NC has had Amerish for like ... 2 weeks or something I can't remember. And it's just cause no one really gives to much of a shit to go out there and solo cap 75% of the map. I'm not sure how the other servers do with this. Esamir can get some alright action every now and then but nothing like Indar.

Oh and I Just found (probably common knowledge) that you can talk to other factions in tells and even friend them lol. Made a new buddy on TR last night =p
Eh, on VS we've capped Amerish a few times in the past week. Heck we've capped all three continents a few times
tongue.png
I'm in the NoNonsenseGamers (NNG) outfit on VS Mattherson, if any of you want to join it let me know and I can refer you. The website is:http://www.nononsensegamers.com/The big rule with NNG that you can't be an immature jerk, which is hard for some. Otherwise we run fairly well organized ops and have one hell of an air division
smile.png

But yeah, Mattherson seems to have good amounts of action happening at all times of day be it against the Goons, Enclave, and what not. Also I must say the Enclave did one hell of a job holding Allatum last night
frown.png
Didn't help the zerg kept throwing themselves at it needlessly to give them tons of points instead of capping other areas.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've seen a few of you guys around before. Guys have some pretty good players!

Do you mean the default guns or the ones you can buy / cert? The default one's are pretty bad really. From what I've seen most people roll with the one's that have high explosion damage but weak armor damage (since there is usually so much more infantry than armor), that's the one that wrecks infantry. And you'd never want to fight 30 tanks with 30 infantry, that would be suicide for sure. Absolutely must have some armor on your side also. But a single infantry unit can kill any tank if they can get close enough.
While I haven't been a long time vet of PS1 there are many people in the blue lions (inc plug:http://ncbluelions.com/). We have weekly infantry fire and assault group training / air cavalry / tank division training (voluntary) with some pretty intelligent people. I had been playing a week and I thought I had a good grasp on the game and these guys taught me some maneuvers and tricks that, a few times, saved me from doing something stupid.

Class assignments are spread out very well and I'm sticking with Support Company (engies / medics / AMS or Repair sundies) and I literally stay behind our lines repairing MAX's and Tanks and ammo supply and made BR 30 that way. I've topped combat reports in 1st and 2nd place doing this without firing my weapon at all. We have OPS nights (it's like raiding in an mmo) several times a week where we push ahead of the zerg column and cap ahead the blueberries.

If you are just playing with a few friends or doing the lone wolf thing like I was...I highly suggest joining an experienced outfit. It's freakin awesome.

NC - Matherson: Wayoff

One of the pictures I took before we pushed out one night.

rrr_img_5270.jpg