PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Xevy

Log Wizard
Last Thursday they broke rifle availability. Tuesday AM they patched it back so rifles are more abundant. Honestly I think Snipers are still lowered, but that's a goof thing if true.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've yet to find a sniper rifle. Most games I don't even find a rifle. Lotsa shotguns though!

Was hoping bikeman would be doing his thing tonight again.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I've done a few squad games now. 1 out of 4 people talked. Most at least one jumps out of the plane and just sits there. Afk farming currency I guess?

I think I heard a bong hit at some point.

I think squad is just solo hardmode.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Hey guys, so I was thinking of running the next tournament with this game. Free for all - Best of 10 games. Most winners takes all. If we have a tie for most winners, those folks duke it out for the top prize.

Thoughts?

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is there the ability to host a custom server for a tournament like that? If so would we have enough people to bother? I feel like firing a game with 15 people would be zzzzzz

Fadaar

That guy
For a game like this (if you get enough people) wouldn't a golf type score be the best? Lowest combination of places wins?

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
If you could figure out how to get everyone on the same server and just go with best placement out of so many games wins, that sounds good to me.

Question is, when do custom game modes/servers drop?

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Hey guys, so I was thinking of running the next tournament with this game. Free for all - Best of 10 games. Most winners takes all. If we have a tie for most winners, those folks duke it out for the top prize.

Thoughts?

I suck at this game but I'll be up for any kind of tournament!

Sounds like great fun if we can organise it well

• 1Like

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I've done a few squad games now. 1 out of 4 people talked. Most at least one jumps out of the plane and just sits there. Afk farming currency I guess?

I think I heard a bong hit at some point.

I think squad is just solo hardmode.
You need a real squad like we do on discord, not random pubs...

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you could figure out how to get everyone on the same server and just go with best placement out of so many games wins, that sounds good to me.

Question is, when do custom game modes/servers drop?
Also with no ranking screen iirc, going to have to rely on people screenshotting their death screen for rank etc..

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Well if our tournament holder is worth a shit he will spectate and watch the death screens and make logs.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Well if our tournament holder is worth a shit he will spectate and watch the death screens and make logs.

Yeah I would do that. Thing is, I am not sure after checking Custom if I can host my own server, which it looks like I can't? I need to do more digging. There is a test server download and I downloaded it but haven't checked it. I will also do play by plays like with the last Rocket League Tourney.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I think you just start a custom game and set yourself as the observer.

I played all night on this guy's and this was my only glory moment:

Custom Shenanigans! | @5hizzle

If you are the starter / observer, you can rejoin if you crash, which is cool. Also I think if you start the game, you can actually play if you want, then when you die, you can come back in as a spectator.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Iirc, there are only certain people who can do custom games at the moment. They all seem to be streamers too. I assumed they are just testing it for now, as it's a pretty big jump in server support to open it to everyone.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I'm assuming when it comes out you'll be able to buy or rent a server from them if you're not a big time streamer. Otherwise I don't think they have the hardware to have 300 custom servers up that are all at 5% capacity.

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Iirc, there are only certain people who can do custom games at the moment. They all seem to be streamers too. I assumed they are just testing it for now, as it's a pretty big jump in server support to open it to everyone.

This. Currently only 'partnered' players can host custom games. What 'partnered' means isnt really clear. Mostly its just people who are visible to the community in some way or people who have been alpha/beta testing for a long time. If you hop into the PUBG discord you can probably ask playerunknown or one of the other devs if we could do it, they are rather active during their daylight hours.

This is also the way I see any battle royale type tournament going. Id give a growing amount of points the higher you place, maybe top 20 earn points with #1 being 100 and it dropping from there or something.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Anyone found the sweet spot for graphic settings? I haven't really messed with it yet but I've heard some say high textures and everything else low.