PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I didn't really notice the gun spawns being worse than previous? Reddit sure bitched about it a ton but things seemed pretty much normal to me.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Oh it's horrible now in comparison, it went from a battleground to a scavenger hunt. It is especially bad now if you're trying to get all of your squad a long gun. Usually we end up with only one or two people with one putting our squad at a disadvantage.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seems like they nerfed sound a little too much
Running on floor above is good but I'm having trouble hearing doors and movement on same floor.

Hekotat

Shit seemed a littler louder last night Sludig, not sure if you played or not.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still haven't won a game but I did kill someone with a frying pan to the face, which felt about as good. He was trying to shoot me, too.

• 1Like

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
I actually like the new gun spawns. Meant not everyone and their brother had an SKS/Kar and a fully kitted out AR five minutes in to a game.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I want to like this style of game, but I just can't handle how everything more or less devolves into being the better bush wookie.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
I want to like this style of game, but I just can't handle how everything more or less devolves into being the better bush wookie.
which is why i play king of the kill over this one. I just like the fast action. im not very good at the game, but i still have fun. I just like rushing people! haha

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I actually like the new gun spawns. Meant not everyone and their brother had an SKS/Kar and a fully kitted out AR five minutes in to a game.

I kind of like the reduced gun spawns too. Rather than just finding ARs for everyone before fighting it forces you into situations you are uncomfortable with.

Do you guys have a discord you play out of or something I could get?

Xevy

Log Wizard
In squads the gun nerf was too much. You HAD to land at a town or you were fucked. We looted ALL of Severny twice and got less than 3 AR's total before they patched today. That's... unacceptable.

That said, I've sniped so many people an Uzi since that bug.

Vimeseh

Trakanon Raider
In squads the gun nerf was too much. You HAD to land at a town or you were fucked. We looted ALL of Severny twice and got less than 3 AR's total before they patched today. That's... unacceptable.

That said, I've sniped so many people an Uzi since that bug.

I'd like a nice middle ground. If you're rolling with a squad and land in one of those little four to five house burbs in order to avoid early combat then I don't think everyone should be strong primary and secondary kitted out. Now if you land in Primorsk, Pochinki, or Severny then yes you should have your pick of the guns if you survive the squad fights there. Just trade offs between risky start or safe start.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I got it, been playing it. It's just like every other fps game. Sneak up on someone empty an entire clip into their head, they spin and shoot me once and I die. Usually it's something rediculous like a shotgun at 50 yards.

Other times I graze someone slightly with a bad aim and they fall over. It doesn't seem to have any consistency.

Had one earlier where I hozed this girl down from where I was hiding and she just immediately vanished. Then appeared behind me slightly later and pop dead.

It's also got that lovely trait where your framerate is a steady 90, then the second you get in a fight it drops to 5 and aiming is like swimming.

My first 5 games reminded me of playing arma. Bullet whizzes past, try to guess where it came from, look in that direction for awhile. Eventually die and never once catch a glimpse of whoever it was. All my other fights are either me putting so many holes in the other person they must look like swiss cheese, literal gallons of blood flying everywhere, or I fire blindly in their general direction and they just fall over.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I got it, been playing it. It's just like every other fps game. Sneak up on someone empty an entire clip into their head, they spin and shoot me once and I die. Usually it's something rediculous like a shotgun at 50 yards.

Other times I graze someone slightly with a bad aim and they fall over. It doesn't seem to have any consistency.

Had one earlier where I hozed this girl down from where I was hiding and she just immediately vanished. Then appeared behind me slightly later and pop dead.

It's also got that lovely trait where your framerate is a steady 90, then the second you get in a fight it drops to 5 and aiming is like swimming.

My first 5 games reminded me of playing arma. Bullet whizzes past, try to guess where it came from, look in that direction for awhile. Eventually die and never once catch a glimpse of whoever it was. All my other fights are either me putting so many holes in the other person they must look like swiss cheese, literal gallons of blood flying everywhere, or I fire blindly in their general direction and they just fall over.
Have a video or stream? Not to be a dick, but if this happens in all fps as you say, makes me think of that phrase about it everyone else is an asshole chances are your the asshole. Except in this case it's just being noob.

For what it's worth. It certainly took some getting used to and back up to speed. But i do pretty well now. Some of these mid range fights sometimes go a little wierd though often I bet they have a 4x plus and just taking the headshots while i try to hide them at 50 yards with a red dot.

• 1Like

Hekotat

I have really hard times hitting people at medium - long range unless they are stationary. Why I choose to engage at closer ranges.

I'm hoping the de-syncing fix corrects that problem.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Weapons aren't hitscan, there's a significant amount of target leading you need to do at any kind of decent range.

Hekotat

Even when leading I have issues. Doesn't help when 3 other people are firing at them so I can't tell which shots are mine, lol.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
So I logged in one game of solo yesterday and had an AR 8x scope and fully equipped before the first play area materialized. What was with this gun fix? lol. Was it not like this before? I never had an issue finding guns.

Hekotat

Yeah, guns used to be extremely bountiful, which I liked because I want to do battle. I can see the argument from the other side's perspective though.

I wouldn't mind guns/ammo being super available and more highly sought items rare as shit. (Red Bulls, painkillers, scopes, optics, attachments, etc.)