PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
MIramar.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Anyone else call it "Sad Martin?"

I think something about the road or buildings being there made it look like a "d" and it just kind of stuck.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Oh well for the test server, tried 3 different times thruought the day with a few retry's. servers always too busy. Happening on normal fucking client too,.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I am trying to enjoy this game, but I think I need to squad up. This is an extremely boring shooter to me solo. If I play to win... I end up sitting in a house waiting for opportunities and sneakity sneaking around most of the time. Then I get the jump on someone, or someone gets the jump on me and I'm dead. An FPS where the goal is to avoid interaction as much as possible to win is kind of... strange to me. If I jump in hot to death match this is just a poor deathmatch game with an inventory management system.

I mean, I like the overall style and stuff but damn.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I am trying to enjoy this game, but I think I need to squad up. This is an extremely boring shooter to me solo. If I play to win... I end up sitting in a house waiting for opportunities and sneakity sneaking around most of the time. Then I get the jump on someone, or someone gets the jump on me and I'm dead. An FPS where the goal is to avoid interaction as much as possible to win is kind of... strange to me. If I jump in hot to death match this is just a poor deathmatch game with an inventory management system.

Yeah we will need to squad up. I am out of town this weekend but next weekend you and I and anyone else can squad up. It's a lot of fun. Especially with cocktails.

Hekotat

It's boring as shit solo, duo's and squads can make for a great time. I can't stand to play solo, it's too campy.

• 1Solidarity

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I'll be honest I rarely check the discord anymore since no one is ever in there. You can find me in there and drop a line though. I generally have Tuesday Wednesday off, or get home from work at ~11pm est the rest of the week. Makes playing a little awkward :(

Hekotat

I'll be honest I rarely check the discord anymore since no one is ever in there. You can find me in there and drop a line though. I generally have Tuesday Wednesday off, or get home from work at ~11pm est the rest of the week. Makes playing a little awkward :(

Tuesday will be good, my normal crew is usually out on Mon/Tues. I'll try to push over there then.

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
I'll be on all next weekend. That's when it get really interesting. Like after a few drinks on a Friday night, and I feel emotionally attached to my squad, and run around trying to bring attention to myself so I can draw their fire and my teammates can kill them as I martyr Myself :p

• 1Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
Limb damage reduction needs to go. Awm'd to people "in the face" the other day. Both lived. Why? Because they were looking up at me and their fucking arms took the shot as they ADS'd. Last night I choked shotgunned a guy twice, grouping in chest/face on his 1 vest 0 helmet. 98 damage and he lived. Why? I was crouched and he blocked it with his arms. Super infuriating. When you 8x AWM a man in their fucking snot cannon and they don't die, you can't do anything to win at that point.

Also fuck them for reverting footsteps. Now I can't hear shit and it makes me sad. Especially in savage squads when there were 24 people in a 100m sq area and all I can hear is my fucking T-rex teammates. Why teammate footsteps aren't different/completely off is beyond me.

Edit: Forgot to mention, one of my squadmates has been using their API to make his own database for our squad. So he can tell us how much damage we do to other players, what body part they hit, for how much, at what distance, etc. Pretty neat. Can also help you extrapolate all the bullshit.

Last edited:

Xevy

Log Wizard
Today's terrible PUBG roundup:

Network disconnection ends up 90% snaring me while I'm in the blue, heading down a hill, under fire. I've never had that happen to me.

Of course I had an 8x AWM at the time. Here's the doofus that killed me's view:

And here's just a nice little headshot and a spook following it.

RIP Fartbucket69. I also got a 588m SKS headshot that game, but I didn't clip it. Felt good, though.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Battle Royales can be very much improved. While I like the, "grittiness" of PUBG. I cannot fucking stand the amount of just running around and looting shit and only running into a few people the entire time. I am admittedly extremely extremely picking with my FPS games but I'd have to take Utnayan Utnayan 's side on how to enjoy it. With the amount of running around doing nothing its much more fun to just dick around with squadmates than actually give a shit about what's going on. I don't mind the RNG or anything, I just dislike the Walking Simulator bullshit about it. If I play an FPS I want to spend my time actually shooting at people.

I personally like Fortnite more just because you get to do shit more. I look forward to the further refinement of the genre but I guess for me PUBG is going to be a cocktail game until its more refined.

Hekotat

Battle Royales can be very much improved. While I like the, "grittiness" of PUBG. I cannot fucking stand the amount of just running around and looting shit and only running into a few people the entire time. I am admittedly extremely extremely picking with my FPS games but I'd have to take Utnayan Utnayan 's side on how to enjoy it. With the amount of running around doing nothing its much more fun to just dick around with squadmates than actually give a shit about what's going on. I don't mind the RNG or anything, I just dislike the Walking Simulator bullshit about it. If I play an FPS I want to spend my time actually shooting at people.

I personally like Fortnite more just because you get to do shit more. I look forward to the further refinement of the genre but I guess for me PUBG is going to be a cocktail game until its more refined.

Experimental test server should be back up this week, try to get a code for the new map and try it out, it's much more action oriented.