PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
I am pretty rusty. Trying to work out when to use manually tapping burst fire, vs just staying single unless I'm inside a building.

Sludig

Buzzfeed Editor
Did they change ballistics or something. What I would consider moderate range with an 8x, SKS seemed to have just enormous drop. I noticed I can't put an 8x on my m16 anymore.
Bought one of each catergory cate, one was openable, other a red "triumph" crate needed a key.

Wonder if it's worth the lottery of opening it for selling skins, or just take my $2.50 for the box on steam market.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I heard that the 8x on M16 change was to encourage people to use the Mini. The only problem is they nerfed the Mini so hard it's a piece of shit now. And it makes no sense to me that an M16 couldn't the optics that an M4 can (speaking realistically).

I don't really like the SKS anymore either. I hadn't noticed bullet drop, but anytime I use it recently I'm underwhelmed.

Xevy

Log Wizard
A full kit Vector is amazing, I agree. Unfortunately with an extended you can spend its 25 bullets super fast and with no recoil if you start off-target you're fucked. It is a lazer though. Ump's 40 clip and slower fire allows you to adjust before running dry.

The AK is a large SMG at this point. Awful beyond 150m. Worst bullet velocity of the rifles. M4 is king. M16 and Scar are comparable except the 8x factor and Scar's full auto. The m16 has the fastest fire rate, but only if you manually fire it as fast as you can.

SKS is all about lead. Lead them a half body with a 4x and full body with an 8x. Always aim top of their head for headshots.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
A full kit Vector is amazing, I agree. Unfortunately with an extended you can spend its 25 bullets super fast and with no recoil if you start off-target you're fucked. It is a lazer though. Ump's 40 clip and slower fire allows you to adjust before running dry.

#L2BURSTFIREBRO

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you're burst firing a gun that just means you need to work on your recoil control.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Initial thoughts, everyone dies really fast.

Also what the fuck with the aimpunch jacking your vertical aim to almost completely vertical, that's ridiculous

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, it's not fun for me personally. Shroud/Grimmmz/Doc love it. They just want to kill kill kill and maybe win. I want to land, kill some, get in actual fights that last longer than 0.25 seconds, and feel like I earned a thought-out win. This is like a FFA CoD deathmatch with no respawns.

Not knocking it, just not my personal cup of tea.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Things I like:

No clothing spawns
Dynamic weather that changes during the game
Buildings that aren't overly complicated (Mirimar)

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

gauze

Molten Core Raider
If you're burst firing a gun that just means you need to work on your recoil control.
Idk having done all vector runs and agreeing with Jakky.. burst fire does have a place.. getting 3 or 4 solid bursts is far superior trying to control burst fire above a certain distance, it keeps the laser and you still rail into em pretty badly. Sniping with the vector is stupid fun, but really only worth it if you have a silencer.. I might be wrong but it has the shortest audio drop off of the smg+

On the range, just a guess.. but maybe like 50m-ish. The five houses in pokinky to the 8 center.

As far as the ak, it's still usually my second pick rifle depending.. but if I know I'm city fighting it goes to my first pick with red dot. It just destroys in the damage catagory. Scar is my lowest. I usually only really have a scar for an extendo spraydown for shits n giggles.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

Damn I hope that map stays similar to that.

Looks like lots of action, and guns fucking everywhere! One of my biggest frustrations is looting half of a town (Severny for instance) and coming out of it with shit loot still. Or dropping with another team and not finding a gun in half a dozen houses before they kill you. It's bullshit.

Yeah, it's a looter shooter game, but I think it's too far into the "looter" portion right now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
They said increased loot spawns on the map are intended to stay. I feel like this is because of Fortnite, and I love it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
I like the loot, but at this point they should almost just let you drop in with an SMG equipped or something. There are rifles EVERYWHERE, but those like 1/10 games when you manage to find the ONE building in the huge cluster with 0 weapons you might as well log out.

I think I prefer the old maps, map 1 especially, but with the new high assault rifle looting. I'm not trying to play CoD here, I want some ranged engagements and time to bandage after a fight. I think they pretty much made this map for the Shroud fans that just want him to kill as many people as he can in 3 minutes then do it all over again.

It's basically not a Battle Royale for this map, it's just a deathmatch. I was watching streamers all last night as well as playing several hours and I don't think I ever saw more than 4 snipers being used including by me. Watching the "Gods" like Shroud and Grimmmz just die instantly several games in a row makes me think that this maybe still needs a little tuning. I like the lack of textures etc, but they'll texture the whole thing and fuck everyone's FPS to hell. I already can't drop Training Center because between the people, items popping in, and multilevel buildings I get 20fps the moment I land until I die.

I think it's interesting that basically the games were all COD shooters then ArmaBR and H1Z1 came out and then now it's shifting back to COD shooters, but within the BRs. Fucking eh, man.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Is the removal of clothing spawns on the other two maps as well? They need it desperately.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Is the removal of clothing spawns on the other two maps as well? They need it desperately.

Miramar originally didn't have clothing spawns either. They probably just haven't added them yet, and they will to fuck it all up :(

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
New map feels really good in general. Not a lot of long sight ranges, so you can really sneak up on people. Tons of cover. Flow feels really good if you don't drop in one of the bigger areas. Drop any random complex and probably get some people near you, and you can chase shots the whole game and it feels like great pacing.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I hate clothing spawns because half of them look like scopes/rifle attachments or spawn right under an item you actually want to loot and obscure it.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Squads is live on beta. Pretty great changes to new map

PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS :: Codename: Savage Beta - Day Two Update

Within the next few hours we will open up access to Squads alongside Solo queue on the Codename: Savage Closed Experimental Server. Heads up that adding the extra queue will likely result in longer matchmaking times during off-peak hours. We're also re-opening signups for the test and giving away hundreds of thousands more keys for those who missed the first round of giveaways.

More keys are available right now on https://mapbeta.playbattlegrounds.com

Along with Squads, we’re also shipping some other changes to Codename: Savage based on early feedback:

• Increased the item and weapon spawn rates inside residential buildings and small cabins to improve the looting experience along the outskirts of the map.
  • The first blue zone circle will show up right at the beginning of the match so players can plan their strategy before parachuting.
  • Blue zone time adjusted to speed up gameplay during the first phase of the match.
  • Red zone frequency has been lowered
  • There are now fewer explosions inside each red zone. The size of the red zone remains the same.
  • Vans now spawn less often. The two-wheeled motorcycle spawns more often. Motorbikes with sidecars have been removed from Codename: Savage.

This update is rolling out now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users