PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
All assault rifles are oneshot kills without a helmet. The AK does do more damage than the 5.56 rifles through body armor, and has less damage falloff at range.

I still don't like it though. Kicks too much or something and I get far more consistent results with the M4.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So my friends and I have an idea, we may or may not implement.

We're going to have a twitch account (one of us is partnered already) and we're going to play squads with all 4 perspectives streamed into one Twitch channel. THEN we're only going to play roles. As in, one guy is the sniper. Crossbow/Snipers/Pistol only. Two of us are AR/SMG with only red dots/holo's. One of us is the Medic who holds ALL first aid/medkits/painkillers and has to distribute them during combat and he's allowed SMG/Shotguns. Then we have a 5th guy for alternate who's "wildcard". Melee, Crossbow, Grenades, and Shotgun. I think it'd be pretty awesome to watch. I can see our Medic dying immediately and us getting buttfucked 90% of the time, but I think it could be pretty entertaining. PUBGBF1.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That sounds like a terrible idea. You'll never win with one guy holding all your meds. Game is way too fast for that.

No one is going to want to watch a team playing a "game within a game" where they've handicapped themselves against 96 other people.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
The logistics of getting all 4 streams synched up to one Twitch channel seems... hard... but other than that, surely better than a ton of the other shit people do on Twitch as far as ideas go :p

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think it'd be cool if you could actually apply meds to folk. I wish theyd change that rather than people wasting time trying to split big med packs to drop.

Sludig

Also, keep forgetting to talk about it here. But we talked on discord a little.

Iron sites seem to act a bit goofy. I need to test with rifles, but I noticed I have horrible luck with handguns aiming down sites. Like single shot to head when someones oblivious fine, but even a somewhat stationary target shooting back no bueno. I tested a wall and noticed even slightly brisk firing rate throws the subsequent shots off target by multiple feet.

I get game doesnt let everyone be ace 3 gunner, but it seemed a bit aggressive on the spray and makes me wonder how much of that effect applies to rifles with irons.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Only time I have good results with a hand gun is point blank. I mowed down an entire team trying to bum rush me on the stairs one game, other than that I always miss.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Only need 200 people!

For the community not active players

By all their metrics we should have no problem getting access to our own FoH Custom Server.

Are you a web based forum with 1000+ posts a day?

No problem.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

We're going to have a twitch account (one of us is partnered already) and we're going to play squads with all 4 perspectives streamed into one Twitch channel. THEN we're only going to play roles. As in, one guy is the sniper. Crossbow/Snipers/Pistol only. Two of us are AR/SMG with only red dots/holo's. One of us is the Medic who holds ALL first aid/medkits/painkillers and has to distribute them during combat and he's allowed SMG/Shotguns. Then we have a 5th guy for alternate who's "wildcard". Melee, Crossbow, Grenades, and Shotgun. I think it'd be pretty awesome to watch. I can see our Medic dying immediately and us getting buttfucked 90% of the time, but I think it could be pretty entertaining. PUBGBF1.

Think your biggest problem will be that its hard to see whats going on when a screen is split into 4. Even in fullscreen it will look horrible, not to mention trying to watch with chat open.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
RE: iron sights

Handgun iron sights are 100% fucked and are never to be used. Pistols are accurate in 3rd person aim to an almost scary degree, but the iron sights are straight just configured wrong and shoot miles away from what they are aiming at.

Iron sights on rifles work about as well as you'd expect. I think a lot of the issues with them that people have are not knowing how to properly utilize the iron sights. They actually have a pretty decent level of mil-sim built in here, and the sights are zeroed to 100m to default on the M-variant rifles and the SCAR (never use the AK, so dunno) so they fire a bit strange, but are fully accurate once you get used to it.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I'd watch it. If you all don't yell MEDIC! when shot I'll turn the stream off.

Xevy

Log Wizard
RE: iron sights

Handgun iron sights are 100% fucked and are never to be used. Pistols are accurate in 3rd person aim to an almost scary degree, but the iron sights are straight just configured wrong and shoot miles away from what they are aiming at.

Iron sights are indeed fucked. There's videos of it all over. I don't know what's happening, but essentially your bullets either don't hit the target (no blood) or don't go where you're aiming to begin with. The P1911 is especially fucked up in my personal experience. I've put 20+ bullets into a person and had 0 damage. All within 5 feet with them squatting in a position not knowing I'm there and not moving. It really doesn't help that in certain games pistols are your only sort of defense for the initial laggy fuckfest that is 90+ people remaining.

There have been a few PUBG reddit videos of pistol shit. I don't know if I can find them as they were posted WEEKS ago, which is even worse because it means not only has the problem not been fixed, but not even addressed since.

Edit: I found a couple:

• 1Solidarity

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
So I have a theory on why I can't hit anything in this game.

I've been playing old starwars galaxies and it has a software mouse cursor. Most games nowadays don't do this but it was common in the days of yore. Essentially it measures a movement delta in a frame-long timeslice and moves the cursor accordingly (whereas hardware is totally done by windows).

I noticed in small movements that it jitters about and wiggles sometimes. It is fine in larger movements. This doesn't happen in windows. My best guess is that my dpi is what is causing it. My DPI goes to 10000 but I have it set to 1600. I noticed most pros go with 800. I'm going to lower it and see if the wiggle goes away.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Perspective of Hekotat Hekotat

qoTHxCB.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Uploading the 4man game win with Muur, Bussey, myself, and Jen? a new guy who's it was first game.

Great first half chose a good drop got mostly kitted out in peace. No close contacts until the final 3-4 circles.

Didn't shoot at targets that wouldnt be productive and kept low between hills trying to maintain closer to center.

Even at one point kinda got pinched but still dropped both squads then the final remnants in the video I'll post later.

• 1Like

Sludig

Let me know if it wont play. Keeps saying it's private while the setting shows unlisted.

• 1Like