Playstation 4

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Whoops, my bad. It's a patio! And this patio makes his house look like wealth. They did a really nice job on it.

EDIT: Here are a few pictures of the patio before it was finished.
iBfkryK.jpg

l9rCCGe.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Ubisoft announced Watch Dogs has sold 8m copies up to June 30th, pretty much guaranteeing an endless sequence of bland yearly releases. The sales figures this year was interesting (not just Watch Dogs, all their games):

lJKU72B.png

PC holds its own but PS4 seems to be the front runner, its hilarious the Wii platform is selling more than the Vita, 3DS, and Wii U combined.
I'm confused by the /15 for parts of the top though... and that level of PS4 domination is hard to believe to me, twice PS3 already? More than 360 and XBone combined? Over twice PC?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm confused by the /15 for parts of the top though... and that level of PS4 domination is hard to believe to me, twice PS3 already? More than 360 and XBone combined? Over twice PC?
I think they're July - June FY so it is saying Q1 of the 2014/15 FY? And since it is just showing total sales per platform as of Q1 2014/15 it makes since to include the previous quarter in the chart?

Vaclav

But wouldn't Q1 FY 14/15 be December -> Feb or whatever at the end of this year? I knew they were FY's but seeing FY15 already feels weird to me, seems almost like those are projections not reality. (Especially with it being hard for me to believe the PS4 numbers - adoption of next gen can't be that high already, can it?)

spronk

FPS noob
ubisofts fiscal year is March-March, so Q1 2014/2015 is March 1st 2014 to June 30th, 2014, Q4 will be Jan 1 2015 to March 31st 2015. That graph is confusing because its a duplicate side by side, but next quarter it would be Q2 2014/15 and probably 6 months 2014/2015 comparison.

not really a surprising chart, we all said hardcore gamers are going to flock to PS4 due to price and power, and they are the ones who are buying launch AAA games at msrp. I'm sure the COD numbers will skew more towards 360/xbox one, just like Destiny is probably going to bank hard onto PS4 even though its available on all consoles. The interesting one will be GTA5, Evolve, and Assassins Creed 5.

Vaclav

Ah, weird that's a weird FY structure to me - most places I'm familiar with would just list that as FY14. And that was all absolute, not estimates or anything? Wow.

spronk

FPS noob
i think we have a winner for ugliest console ever made

s01.jpg

frozen PS4 being released only in Japan along with Frozen Blu Ray. How do you not go with a white primary and blue secondary? And what the hell is up with that hideous stencil.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
i think we have a winner for ugliest console ever made

s01.jpg

frozen PS4 being released only in Japan along with Frozen Blu Ray. How do you not go with a white primary and blue secondary? And what the hell is up with that hideous stencil.
Let it go man

Just let it go. The stencil never bothered me anyways.

Vaclav

Oh come on, you missed mine? I guess the song isn't as popular.
Not seen Frozen, but "Let It Go" is eponymous enough that I'm familiar with that being a song title in Frozen. No clue on yours being one until you mentioned it now.