Playstation 5

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I signed up but never received an email invite to buy. I simply got word on here that it was available directly on their site and that's how I bought it. So, they must not always give first dibs to their email list.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Bloodrocuted

Trakanon Raider
Those stinkin bastards. Does the gpu drops site monitor the PS store as well? Don't see it on the list, will just manually check the store and here. Thanks again.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Browsed the stores today for PS5 and found 50+ units at one store. The Forbidden West boundle (Disc version) and the price was normal, not inflated scalp prices.

First time since the release that I've encountered it at a store here in Sweden.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
amazon just got stock, so if you asked for an invite before you can buy
4d3838ecb16a1012794caa83b48d86fe.png

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been signed up direct with Sony and on Amazon for 3-4 months now and have yet to be contacted.

Aazrael

Is there a way for the PS5 to force 16:9 if I use a Ultrawide monitor? When using the PS4 right now it stretches it to fullscreen every time I switch to HDMI.

Was planning to use the PS5 next to the PC and share the monitor but it seems I have to go into monitor settings everytime I switch to HDMI and force 16:9 and that is really annoying to do everytime I want to play. If there's no way to do that I'll just have to set it up on the TV in the living room.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty sure you can only fix that issue at the monitor level. Strange that your monitor doesn't remember the setting on a per-input basis though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Pretty sure you can only fix that issue at the monitor level. Strange that your monitor doesn't remember the setting on a per-input basis though.
This was with the current PS4, maybe it will work with the PS5.

The PC is running on the Displayport and it is always "full screen" and no way to change it. But on HDMI I can change to 16:9 from 27" down to 21"ish. But yea wierd it does not remember that setting.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The PC is running on the Displayport and it is always "full screen" and no way to change it. But on HDMI I can change to 16:9 from 27" down to 21"ish. But yea wierd it does not remember that setting.
Yeah, that's standard behavior. I don't remember why but monitors seem to always grey out the option to control aspect ratio on DisplayPort. Doesn't really matter since DP is a PC thing for the most part, and GPU control panels have their own settings to control it. HDMI will work fine, but I definitely agree that it would be annoying to have to change it every time you turn on the Playstation.

spronk

FPS noob
if you really want one and have a sams club membership there is a $740 bundle at sams club, includes $100 in PSN and an extra controller so not the worst bundle i suppose

still should see plenty of stock when the $550 HFW bundle drops again on Sony direct sometime in the next 10 days. I think they usually drop on tuesdays and thursdays.

spronk

FPS noob
I think there was someone here who wanted a PS5, they are in stock at PSD right now

they will also be in store at gamestop tomorrow morning at opening time, around $650-700 i believe and the bundle is reasonably decent system+controller+game or PSN credit

spronk

FPS noob
only PS4 and PS5 copies of games, no PS3 versions

FajOaL1WQAE6GHZ

TLOU2 barely sold above Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone even though good sequels tend to do BETTER than the originals? so confusing and puzzling, I wonder why...

i did my part, $0 given for TLOU2, never played zero interest. I doubt Neil Druckmann gives a shit though, I'm sure he'll double down on strong womyn in the show and future games

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i did my part, $0 given for TLOU2, never played zero interest. I doubt Neil Druckmann gives a shit though, I'm sure he'll double down on strong womyn in the show and future games
i did my part, i hate played the game and complained about it the entire time on the board , and returned it b/c it was a shit experience
e092637f2aed10156cd829b7842b42fe.png

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
I am sure this has been mentioned, but is this really still a thing?

I have the PSN premium service. Spiderman, regular version and Miles Morales, is free (and I already have the digital edition anyways for PS4), but I can't find the remaster version even when searching. It only shows as a game alongside the upgraded ultimate version of the Miles edition. So since the premium edition gives the Miles for free, that $90 is basically the Remaster edition for the original, since it's the only addition in the ultimate.

Does the remaster have lots of new things in it? Like Persona 5 royal, which wasn't really patchable since it added new stuff everywhere. Or is it simply the GOTY version remastered for PS5 graphics?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ghost deserves to be higher than that, but otherwise, yeah, that looks about as it should be.
replaying tsushima now cuz i just finally bought a ps5, i mean i really should be playing horizon, ha

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users