Playstation 5

spronk

FPS noob
So what’s the controversy, this a game solely to give a platinum trophy for no effort?

i think the idea is that Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft used to curate their storefronts so only "real" games would be sold but in the last few years pretty much any shovel garbageware is let on, along with tons and tons of MTX. Makes all the storefronts crap.

Plus side you get stuff like Hitler Waifu Simulator and big titty anime weeb games, downside is you get Granny Fucker too.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What if my thing is granny fucking games? That bigot needs to stop kink shaming

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Is this the first time we've seen any public sales figures for TLOU2? They should have just released them, 10M is respectable (even if slightly embarrassing after the first got twice that). By not releasing the sales figures, they had people like me thinking it had sold like 0.8M or something.
The 10 million figure has been long known... This is not new information.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
4M from preorders who didn't know better and 6M more after shelf clearing discounts kicked in.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think the idea is that Sony, Nintendo, Microsoft used to curate their storefronts so only "real" games would be sold but in the last few years pretty much any shovel garbageware is let on, along with tons and tons of MTX. Makes all the storefronts crap.

Plus side you get stuff like Hitler Waifu Simulator and big titty anime weeb games, downside is you get Granny Fucker too.
even nintendo is letting shit on the wii store?

this used to mean something
img-9564.large.jpg

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>

img-9564.large.jpg

That never meant anything either. I still remember Back to the Future on NES having that seal.

• 1Truth!

spronk

FPS noob
they finally started putting out 4 port HDMI 2.1 switches in the past few months, I have a ps5, series X, 360, ps3, switch, PC, and steam deck attached to my LG OLED which only has 3 or 4 HDMI ports so I was using a hdmi 2.0 switch for some stuff which was a pain in the ass.

finally bought this $45 switch
www.amazon.com/dp/B09ZXB5LTJ

and been using it a few days now and it works great, 4K 60hz with dolby vision, HDR, VRR, even g-Sync with my PC, ps5 and series X and switch hooked up no problem all to it. Haven't tried 120hz mode and doubt I will bother, just don't care about it but I'm sure it'll work fine. My PC is still hooked directly to the TV but nowadays I just use Plex app directly for torrented tv/movies so I rarely use PC mode.

48gbps HDMI 2.1 seems to work fine, cables are super important and I bought 10 cheap 10' USA-made certified HDMI 2.1 cables from amazon last year and threw out all my other questionable HDMI cables so I don't have to play the "is it the cable or something else" game.

It auto detects great and LG TVs (with HDMI CEC enabled on the consoles) auto turn the TV on too, you have to set your xbox to NOT turn the tv off when you power off the console not sure if you can do that on ps5.

Still no 5-8 port HDMI 2.1 switches which would be ideal but I decided 4 was good enough, i have my 360 and ps3 disconnected for now since I haven't turned either on in over a year.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Still no 5-8 port HDMI 2.1 switches which would be ideal but I decided 4 was good enough, i have my 360 and ps3 disconnected for now since I haven't turned either on in over a year.
You can buy great 6 port HDMI 2.1 switches already, since 2021. Granted, they are a bit more expensive, but they also have nifty features, like being able to attach real speakers for better sound quality, and being able to stream music directly from serivices like Amazon, Pandora, Tidal, Spotify.

Here's one example:

denon.jpg

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah I used to have a full 7.1 setup in my office with a Denon receiver but I moved it to the living room and downsized to a simple LG soundbar in my office, its good enough for me and less cables and shit to deal with. At my age the less stuff I have to fiddle with the easier

but yeah if you can do a receiver thats definitely the way to go, the new ones i've seen at audio consumer shows are amazing with the setups they can drive. to be young again and replay the Tom Cruise / Marty McFly scenes...

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I guess I never asked or paid attention since I went full LG OLED and got a PS5, but HDMI 2.1 really is that big of a deal? Guess I need to buy some new cords…

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

img-9564.large.jpg

All it ever meant is that shit wouldn't break your console.

Never had anything to do with actually being a high quality game

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah that just meant it was licensed. There were shit tier games with that on it, and some damn good ones without it. RBI baseball I think? The games with black cartridges.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
That's not entirely true, one of the claimed root causes of the 2600 crash was developers dumping shovelware out into the market.

One of Nintendo's US-branch rules were that each third party could only release five games per year, with the hope being that only the five best games per publisher would make it over here as a result. (Note the implicit assumption even then that only Japanese devs mattered.) On the US publisher side, there's no guarantee any of the five would be any good (why, hello there LJN), and on the Japanese side, the biggest publishers just made secondary 'publishers' when needed to get around the rule. (E.g. the NES Metal Gear was published by the Ultra subsidiary of Konami, not Konami itself.)