Playstation 5

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just picked myself up a Horizon 2 Bundle from PS Direct. Thanks for the tip.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Faux

Lord Nagafen Raider
I actually bought the first one for PS4 Pro, but wasn't even out of the starter region yet before life got busy. I still have to find time to finish AC: Origins, H:ZD, The Witcher, and RDR2 at some point. I have Elden Ring for PC, but haven't put a ton of time into yet. May just get it again on PS5 in the future.

I kind of want to buy "It Takes Two" to see if I can get my wife into a little bit. She is not a video game player.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider
I actually bought the first one for PS4 Pro, but wasn't even out of the starter region yet before life got busy. I still have to find time to finish AC: Origins, H:ZD, The Witcher, and RDR2 at some point. I have Elden Ring for PC, but haven't put a ton of time into yet. May just get it again on PS5 in the future.

I kind of want to buy "It Takes Two" to see if I can get my wife into a little bit. She is not a video game player.

Its a fun, cute game......tons of variety and half decent story. It's pretty short but I played through with my middle kid and we had fun, worth a play through for sure.

(It takes two I mean)

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Found out that my Samsung G7 has the right firmware to support 4k / 60hz while connected to my PS5, though it downscales to 2k and apparently will run at higher than 60hz. So now I have a couple questions which someone here might have dealt with:

1) I'm currently using an hdmi converter to split the audio off to a receiver since the ps5 lacks an optical output like the ps4. Wondering if I just connect the ps5 directly to the monitor, will there be audio coming out of the headphone jack? If so, I'd think I could just use that.

2) The controller for my ps5 is pure dogshit. I can set the controller down, walk away and it will start moving the ingame camera for every game, and its worse when I actually playing, so much so that its unplayable, especially any game with aiming. Has anyone used a Scuff controller, if so which one(s) and what has been your experience with it? If only I could use my Xbox Elite controller.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Found out that my Samsung G7 has the right firmware to support 4k / 60hz while connected to my PS5, though it downscales to 2k and apparently will run at higher than 60hz. So now I have a couple questions which someone here might have dealt with:

1) I'm currently using an hdmi converter to split the audio off to a receiver since the ps5 lacks an optical output like the ps4. Wondering if I just connect the ps5 directly to the monitor, will there be audio coming out of the headphone jack? If so, I'd think I could just use that.

2) The controller for my ps5 is pure dogshit. I can set the controller down, walk away and it will start moving the ingame camera for every game, and its worse when I actually playing, so much so that its unplayable, especially any game with aiming. Has anyone used a Scuff controller, if so which one(s) and what has been your experience with it? If only I could use my Xbox Elite controller.
You should have headphone audio. Might be a silly comment, but have you tried using canned air or blowing really hard around the base of the controller stick as you rotate it around? Mine did the same thing, but if you try the air truck it might save you from buying a new controller. It did for me.

spronk

FPS noob

i've been using a Scuf Reflex FPS PS5 model for about 4 months now, I actually only use it for games that need a back paddle but usually use my regular dual sense. I like the reflex, especially for the back paddles it made Elden Ring SO much easier since I could mount my horse without moving my finger off thumbsticks. I played through all of Horizon Forbidden West with just regular controller.

The Scuf's are great but I've seen a lot of people on reddit say they can break easy etc so I try not to use it all the time. It also feels super weird, the FPS model has a lot of shit stripped and the L2/R2 buttons are much "tighter" (faster to fire on touch) so it can be super weird switching. I do find them great for MP FPS games but i'm old and my reflexes are slower and slower, I doubt they are doing anything for my performance. They cost me $250 msrp I think and its hard to say its really better than just buying 3-4 regular ass controllers, but I do really love the back paddles for very specific games (only Elden Ring so far lol)

It sounds like your Ds has stick drift, its a common problem with the v1s after some time. The newer controllers - purple, light blue, etc - are supposed to fix it but who knows. What I do is buy my controllers at gamestop with a 2 year warranty (extra $25) and after 1 year just go in, say they have stick drift and they give me a new one or a gift card with a refund if they are out of stock.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
It's almost like that's the only audio they decided to include for nostalgic purposes and then didn't use anything else despite all the visual work.

spronk

FPS noob
The PS+ Premium catalog is pretty great but man they suck so bad at discovery. Just browsing the catalog today and downloading

Mafia 1 & 2 DE - heard they had problems, guess i'll see for myself "for free"
The Council - always wanted to check out this quirky detective game
Wonderful 101
Kona - ??
Balan Wonderworld - lol

there are dozens more games but the filters are so shit. I just wanna see what games have PS5 native versions but there doesn't even seem to be that filter

edit: did figure out a PS5 only filter, tab all the way to the right (Games) in PSN catalog and then you can filter by PS5 there. Not in collections, latest, etc just in all games

Lotta easy plat games too for anyone who is into that, I recently 100%'d Last Stop on xbox (leaving gamepass) and it took 4-5 hours, Cris Tales is somewhat similar and both have a PS4 & PS5 version you could double dip plats on. i dont give a shit about trophies so not bothering

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
PS Now is even worse. This is the entirety of the UI, you can only scroll down through categories and just scroll horizontally in the sections. No filters, nothing dynamic other than 'your list' of saved games, and previously played titles.

1657524368492.png

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really should just get a Series X, or maybe my PS5 is a lemon. Since I started using it more, I've noticed a lot of LAN disconnects (which happened when I first got it, but thought it was my router / isp). Now though, it seems to be the ethernet port itself. Its just a bit too big for a typical cable connector to fit securely. I'm using the same cable I used with my ps5 pro (never an issue). I can wiggle the connector easily, up/down / forward/back. The port itself is also getting heated up by the vents, so maybe that contributes.

Anyone, are there ethernet cables that typically have slightly larger connectors? Or do I just need to by a few types, or figure out a way to secure the connector?

Last edited: