Pokemans and how to catch them with your phone - friend codes in OP

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
I always assumed the game's popularity would not last long, but I did not expect it to happen because of niantic actively dissuading people from playing.

Pyratec

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah I live in a pretty Pokéstop rich area, when I take the tram to the train station I can hit 31 Pokéstops on my 10 minute ride (yes, I counted). It's actually kind of stressful, one spot I can get to four that are all really tightly clustered, gotta move to get all 4 before I'm out of range. Long way of saying I'm speaking anecdotally as well, but I do have a pretty large sample to draw from.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I just think they were not ready for the incredible popularity and it shit all over their servers, this is why they are nerfing the shit out of everything because their servers cannot handle all the pings at once.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
It really is a completely different game for people who live in low Niantic mapped areas versus high density ones. In Boston you can't throw a pokeball without hitting a Pokestop (one corner of my living room is in range of three Pokestops) while in more remote areas you might have one Pokestop in an entire several mile chunk of road and a gym only at the local Mall.

The density of Pokestops has a direct impact on the game's profitability. I can't imagine ever needing to pay money for items, in fact I actually have to throw many of them away because I can't catch 'mon fast enough to use them all.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I just think they were not ready for the incredible popularity and it shit all over their servers, this is why they are nerfing the shit out of everything because their servers cannot handle all the pings at once.
Goofy part about that is that their servers were doing fine before they started nerfing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The 3 feet thing is game breaking, and (unless it's been fixed recently) it's been fucked for the majority of the time the game has been out. I think maybe only the first 2 weeks was it working correctly? If that?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I don't even think it worked for two weeks. Was maybe for the full first week.

Heck, this game hasn't quite even been out for a month now.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Took a trip to Battery Park in old new castle DE. The place beats any other area in Philly for the sheer variety of Pokemon found.

Was there for 2 hours and saw or caught.

Sandshrew x5
Magikarp x1000
Poliwag x1000
Ponyta x2
Rapidash x1
Graveler x1
Dratini x3
Machop x2
Machoke x1
Voltorb x1
Pikachu x2
Squirtle x2
Bulbasaur x1
Diglit x1
Dugtrio x1
Vaporean x1
Cubone x2
Marrowwhack x1
Growlith x1
Arcanine x1
Abra x1
Ominite x1
Kabuto x1

Hundreds of people there and 8 lured pokestops in a 1/4 mile walk on the water front. Very clean very well lit and safe and they have resteraunts as well.

Going again after work to finish my Polywrath.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Fuck I wish we had a place like this. Gonna check out the detroit Zoo this weekend, see if there is any mons there.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
New best site for all things IV calculating etc: PokéAdvisor

Can sort all of your pokemon by IV, cp, whatever. Tons of stats. My wife has a 100% machop and I've got 3 pokemanz at 95.6%.

Zero calculating done on your part. Someone has figured out the exact API calls for this stuff.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
New best site for all things IV calculating etc: PokéAdvisor

Can sort all of your pokemon by IV, cp, whatever. Tons of stats. My wife has a 100% machop and I've got 3 pokemanz at 95.6%.

Zero calculating done on your part. Someone has figured out the exact API calls for this stuff.
Holy shit that thing is awesome!

Man my pokemons suck.

Chris

Potato del Grande
The 3 feet thing is game breaking, and (unless it's been fixed recently) it's been fucked for the majority of the time the game has been out. I think maybe only the first 2 weeks was it working correctly? If that?
It isn't game breaking, it's mildly inconvenient - you just play slightly differently.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It turns a game about hunting Pokémons into just wandering around aimlessly.

With how sparsely populated my town is, I basically can't find anything with it in its current state.

Maybe if you live in a large city where you can't walk a block without tripping over a Pokémon it's mildly inconvenient (are you the Chris who lives in the UK?). I'd still say it's game breaking because you can't find what you need. I think I'm up to like 125+ found; if I had to randomly find something that I actually wanted to catch, I'd never catch anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
no pokestops or pokemons are found with the new API update. it's just the bot.

good thing I hit lvl 35

some nerd streaming his broken bot

Chris

Potato del Grande
It turns a game about hunting Pokémons into just wandering around aimlessly.

With how sparsely populated my town is, I basically can't find anything with it in its current state.

Maybe if you live in a large city where you can't walk a block without tripping over a Pokémon it's mildly inconvenient (are you the Chris who lives in the UK?). I'd still say it's game breaking because you can't find what you need. I think I'm up to like 125+ found; if I had to randomly find something that I actually wanted to catch, I'd never catch anything.

Fair enough if you don't live near a city I guess, didn't check my densely populated privilege!

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
G6Twrcp.jpg

G6Twrcp.jpg