portland oregon

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Women at a prog metal concert. Does not compute.
Going to bet they had denim jackets on with sizzle pie patches and only showed up to see the sword/sorceress.

I'll be at the dillinger show tomorrow if you nerds are going out for that.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
imo

5Pnzbae.jpg

trex

Queen Bee
Your son has advanced penmanship for his age.

Watching him write pains every bone in my body. Considering he knew he was going to make this joke and post it, he probably actually tried really hard to make that look nice. Depressing.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I compiled the recommendations from this thread and from friends. Open to feedback or additional entries.

Restaurants
----
Boxer (Ramen) 23rd & Alberta
Los Gorditos (Taqueria)

Veritable Quandry
Salt and Straw
Pok Pok (overrated?)
Noble Rot

Bars
----
Commons (sours)
Apex
Beer Mongers (bottle shop)
Davis St Tavern
Roscoe's
Horse Brass Pub
Belmont Station

Brewers
----
Hair of the Dog
Cascade Barrel House
10 Barrel (sold out to The Man)
Deschutes Public House
Fat Head's
Widmer
Base Camp
Hopworks Urban
Ecliptic

Places
----
Powell's Bookstore (Burnside)
Voodoo Donuts (eastside location)

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also, any breweries I don't have listed you'd consider "can't miss"? Or any thoughts on the ones listed?

tyen

<Banned>
your brewery list is the only one i agree with.

fuck veritable quandry, shitty restaraunt with small portions that puts aioli on everything.

id def reccomend yardhouse just because they have over 100 beers on tap. its owned by darden (olive garden) tho, so youll get terrible service in dining room.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
id def reccomend yardhouse just because they have over 100 beers on tap. its owned by darden (olive garden) tho, so youll get terrible service in dining room.

I live 5 mins from one. Food is Darden-quality (generic, basically) & 90%+ of the taps are dictated by the central office, leaving few for local flavor. I'll take 40 taps controlled by the local establishment over 100 taps controlled by Red Lobster.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

<Banned>
I really like Seadog Blueberry and Boulder Shake, which is why I go there.

I'm a stout/portar/brown/hef guy.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Yardhouse? That's like telling someone to come to Portland to try our Dennys.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Portland trip was good. We did a bunch of breweries, some wineries, a couple of restaurants, and some tourist stuff.

Really liked Hair of the Dog, Cascade and Fat Head. We also went to Deschutes, Commons, Base Camp, 10 Barrel and Rogue. Yay beer. Bailey's Taproom (Pallet Jack IPA was my first beer in Portland, top notch) and Big Legrowlski were good bars in the downtown area.

Our wine tour stopped at Rex Hill, Erath, Vista Hills and Stoller. I'm not a big wine guy, but they were fun to visit.

We didn't go to many restaurants since we had food while hanging out at bars/breweries/wineries, but we did stop by Blue Star Donuts (good, but about 3x overpriced and a faggoty line I'm sure they keep on purpose) and Jake's Famous Crawfish (also good, despite selling out to the Fertitta empire). The food at Hair of the Dog and Fat Head was top notch. Stumptown Coffee was great.

We toured the Pittock Mansion, cool old house. Really nice views. Would recommend. We also did the Saturday Market. I'd personally pass on doing that again. I ran the path along the river downtown; nice scenic jog. Only one crazy homeless person yelling at no one particular, making the runners nervous.

We stayed at The Benson. Nice place, apparently a historic hotel. Really nice lobby. A+, would have vacation sex there again.

Overall, Portland was nice. Scenic, weather was temperate, lots of fun stuff to do. Full of hipsters and homeless people, but they were mostly harmless. No Tyen/Trex sightings, such disappoint.

• 2Like

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Apple fritter's at bluestar are top notch, some of their others are pretty wacky. I'm also a big fan of East Side Deli, wife and I go there at least twice a month.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
how do our Portland residents rate the Portland PD?

curious after all these retarded protests

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Cops are worthless here, they will drive right by a homeless guy who is methed out of his mind, yelling and ripping his clothing off but if you drink a beer in a public park, you better watch out. They are rather racist too but I think that goes for any police force.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Cops are pretty chill here.

FBI did do some silly shit here 6 years ago. Found some muslim guy talking shit and set him up with a fake bomb to blow up a xmas tree lighting ceremony downtown.

2010 Portland car bomb plot - Wikipedia

funny, one of the big FBI screw ups of the 21st century involved a Portland lawyer they thought did the Madrid train bombing :p didn't work out so well for them

Cops are worthless here, they will drive right by a homeless guy who is methed out of his mind, yelling and ripping his clothing off but if you drink a beer in a public park, you better watch out. They are rather racist too but I think that goes for any police force.

that is a type of policy that is typically coming from the mayor's office, or at least higher than the police chief. vote in different people?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
If police ever gave a shit about drinking in parks in SF the riots would be serious. Not this pussy anti-Trump shit. It's practically encouraged here. There's a brewery where you can get 32oz cans to go in a perfectly sized brown bag. Directly across the street from Dolores Park. Where else are you going to drink that?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
had a real fun 4th of july playing beer ball in a random SF park one year. kegs at each plate. good times.

trex

Queen Bee

God seriously. I got a $165 ticket for looking at my phone while driving cause I was lost as fuck. Meanwhile there is a heroin epidemic on burnside they seem to be doing nothing about. I voted no on 97 or whatever it was for low income housing. Low income housing isn't our problem. Serious mental health and drug addicts are the fucking problem.