Post Your Pet

YoZ

Trakanon Raider
My dog Klaus started limping about a month ago. Would get a bit better, then worse, but never back to fully 100%. Anyway, got to the point now he is seriously struggling to walk up any steps, or even stand upright for long without wobbling.

Took him to the vet. He apparently hasCanine degenerative myelopathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, which has no cure and leads to eventual paralysis. Oh but it gets even better. He also happens to have a probably malignant tumor in his leg that would require amputation of the leg just to get to, simple surgery couldn't remove it all because of its position and even then it could be dodgy. My poor dog has not one, but two pretty much guaranteed things that are going to kill him.

This fucking sucks. I don't plan on euthanasia as long as he can get around at all, but this sucks.

Here he is in happier times.
Dont euthanise the dog even if he lose the leg,he looks healthy even with that problem, he could still be happy and live many years! I learned this lesson from a friend that everyday (twice a day) had to give his cat a shot cause of diabeties and he lived much more than the vet antecipated! He was almost def but he was happy, playing with other cats like a young one and doing his stuff in his own time..
Unfortunatly, he passed away a few months ago... My friend was devastated for days, but the other cats and dog that he had helped him to get through.. Treat your pets like one of your own.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I posted these in the old FOH dog thread but I guess it probably won't hurt to put them up again.

1EbO2Wq.jpg

1MhneQi.jpg

cVT1byk.jpg

4ZQ7RSz.jpg

uExQpNs.jpg

jwWy8Xd.jpg
This is the Vladimir Putin of the dog world.

Jx3

Riddle me this...
So the beagle I have pisses in the house when its cold out. She doesnt do it during the day, just at night when its really cold. Its not a problem of her holding it because I have two dog doors that they can go out at anytime day or night. She only does this when it gets bitter cold (like last night 15 degrees outside) and only does it right by the dog door or in the bathrooms. Its annoying but nothing devastating. Both the spots she pisses at are linoleum floors. I'm just curious if anyone else has dealt with something like this before or if Im just lucky and got the hard headed beagle.

Vinen

God is dead
So the beagle I have pisses in the house when its cold out. She doesnt do it during the day, just at night when its really cold. Its not a problem of her holding it because I have two dog doors that they can go out at anytime day or night. She only does this when it gets bitter cold (like last night 15 degrees outside) and only does it right by the dog door or in the bathrooms. Its annoying but nothing devastating. Both the spots she pisses at are linoleum floors. I'm just curious if anyone else has dealt with something like this before or if Im just lucky and got the hard headed beagle.
Beagles are stupid.
My Beagle mix refuses to eat food unless my wife and I are in the same room.

What a dumb dog may look like
rrr_img_53009.jpg

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Giving this a bump because I just bought a beautiful black lab female. She arrives this Saturday.

1800367_10104022577649065_1742080589_n.jpg

Marmac

Molten Core Raider
Here's my Lhasa Apso/Teckle. She's one hell of a diva! Mess with her smelly socks and you die.

rrr_img_61682.jpg
rrr_img_61683.jpg
rrr_img_61684.jpg

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just got news I was hoping not to hear. Had to take my Lab in for a check up after an episode when she was swimming. Got this look in her eyes like she wasn't there. Wouldn't respond to anything. Just a blank stare. Bunch of tests run, and the result was cancer in the liver, that has spread to the spleen as well.

Vet gave her a few weeks to live. She had been a picture of health up until this episode. Whats killing me is she was brought home, and acts just fine. No pain at all it seems. She's acting like her old self. Just a sickening feeling.

Fuck cancer.

rrr_img_73134.jpg