Pregnancy Thread

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I had my 2nd when our first wasn't 2 yet (she was 22 months). It's awful. You're more tired than ever. It hasn't been long enough that you forget how much sleep you lose to make it seem "cute" or "exciting". Everything just gets lumped together.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had my 2nd when our first wasn't 2 yet (she was 22 months). It's awful. You're more tired than ever. It hasn't been long enough that you forget how much sleep you lose to make it seem "cute" or "exciting". Everything just gets lumped together.
In the same position, with kids born April 2013, and September 2014. lol.

The good, or maybe bad part is that the wife wanted more than 2 kids, and now she wants to wait a while. Who knows, but I'd rather not go a couple years, and start the process over. Buck up and have some more close together!

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
My wife and I went to the beach yesterday and she insisted on going into the water knee deep...a pretty good sized wave came by and rocked us pretty good and she said, "I just felt my belly button pop out even farther!"

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Wife is due on the 10th, still no signs whatsoever. Regular checkup on the 10th too, we'll see.
Sorry for reporting back late. The checkup on the 10th showed no contractions for a solid 20 minutes. I was prepared to head back to work when one contraction came and wouldn't you know it, the kid's pulse halved during the contraction.

Having had the same problem with our first, we decided then and there that we're not putzing around this time, kid is coming on the 10th, and that's that.
We had to wait for a few hours because other people were ahead of us but in the end I held a little baby girl in my arms three hours later.

Emma. 2.815 grams, 48 centimeters.

The doc said it was about time, water was green, trying a normal birth would have been not so smart.

Here she's doing what she does best.

When I brought my girls home after a week our big girl (almost three years old!) was so excited... I think she's in love.
She did sing her little sister a lullaby, and I swear, that was the best thing I've experienced in my life so far.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
We now all of the genders now, 2 boys and 2 girls. Worked out exactly how we wanted (assuming we wanted 4 at once anyways).

Oh, and congrats Ronaan!

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Thanks!

Back at work after a month of paternal leave (three weeks to go until month two!). I just don't find the time to browse rerolled from home.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
death-childbirth-unusually-common-america-exceptionally-deadly| The Economist
rrr_img_104444.png
rrr_img_104445.png
Global, regional, and national levels and causes of maternal mortality during 1990-2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Stu... - PubMed - NCBI
The lancet. Holy shit.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Update on the swelling. My wife suggested trying Witch Hazel. She had gone to a couple groups while pregnant and was told for perineum swelling to take a pad and soak it with WH and then put it in the freezer. When you have swelling wear the pad. Well I have a ton of gauze so I soaked some in WH and laid some squares out in a baggie and put it in the freezer. Once they were frozen I'd peel a square and apply. Well the swelling is almost completely gone and the pain is definitely all gone. Warning however. Sticking a frozen piece of gauze between your butt cheeks is VERY jarring at first. lol If you need to wake up quickly then by all means stick something cold/frozen between your butt cheeks. You'll wake up fast.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
My wife made a bunch of WH stuff that she didn't end up using at all I think, but she was also freezing them. Between that and pumped breast milk I had no room for hops in my freezer for a while and it was quite the point of contention in our relationship.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My wife is pregnant with our second due at the end of October. It's a boy. How are brother/sister sibling relationships when they are 2 years apart?

bonus I get three months paid paternity leave. My post count is going to skyrocket.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
My wife is pregnant with our second due at the end of October. It's a boy. How are brother/sister sibling relationships when they are 2 years apart?

bonus I get three months paid paternity leave. My post count is going to skyrocket.
2 years different genders? Anecdotal, but me and my sister that is 2 years younger than me were in total competition and beat the shit out of each other until we were teens.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
My wife made a bunch of WH stuff that she didn't end up using at all I think, but she was also freezing them. Between that and pumped breast milk I had no room for hops in my freezer for a while and it was quite the point of contention in our relationship.
Haha well I just have one Ziploc freezer bag with the gauze so no space problems there.
And I tried both frozen and not frozen. The frozen gauze works a lot better.

And I apologize that update post was made i n entirely the wrong thread. I didn't notice until I made this post. I blame the heavy narcotic pain meds I'm on. :p.

Sorry bout that.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord

Congratulations on doing it correctly this time.

moontayle

Golden Squire
In the same position, with kids born April 2013, and September 2014. lol.

The good, or maybe bad part is that the wife wanted more than 2 kids, and now she wants to wait a while. Who knows, but I'd rather not go a couple years, and start the process over. Buck up and have some more close together!
I'm close to you with regards to the separation between my son and daughter. One in January, then the second in July the next year. I like that they're close in age though. We decided to wait as well but when the time came to decide if we wanted another, looked at our lives, and with my son's autism, we decided it was best to stand pat. Got cut, moved on. I agree with Draegan though, when they're really young having them close together is fucking exhausting.