Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've got a level 28 paladin and I've not had any issue with getting groups. I think tanks are so rare that most groups are happy to get what they can, and if you're decent you get tossed on everyone's friends list and get invites as soon as you log on. Only issue I really have with my paladin is having to use Flash of Light for agro at this point and that kind of restricts my ability to move during fights if we get an add or someone pulls agro on a 2+ pull.

Big thing with SKs is better race options and getting Disease Cloud at 9. FD, invis, CoS, lifetaps, snare, etc are all pretty tits but on Pal you get hp buffs, root, heals, paci and LoH. I think in smaller groups, paladin is a little more versatile but it really comes down to what you're doing and what levels.
you should be using root for tanking at your level. rooted mobs always attack the PC that is closest to them. just communicate that knowledge to the other melees in your group and win.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I don't like to solo and will group with anyone. Exp penalty be damned!

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nm.. found the guy.

Words of Acquisition (Beza) and Words of Requisition, rarest thing on the fucking planet. Argh!!!!

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Largely irrelevant. BOTB winner and BOTB 2nd place were both gnomes. Necrious is a fantastic necro, though. Shinko was...okay.
Ya iksar regen doesn't play a huge role in caster botb. But check the difference grinding for hours
wink.png

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Not sure why you're debating looks and movements if all necros from 34 forward are skeletons most of the time.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
For me, I know I'm never going to be top tier, tanking AoW or Vulak. I've never compared my agro against another tank. I'm sure a warrior would "tank" better by the numbers but I get agro when I want it, they get agro when they can. Then again I'm low level but I've had people state that they were glad I came along to replace their warrior tank, simply because I could hold agro. I can only assume warrior agro becomes more consistent at some point, but hybrids have more tools to play with. All really six one half dozen the other unless your downing dragons and gods, warrior all the way.
Yea. I cant really dispute that. By the time a Warrior gets max haste and epics or better, hes not going to need to group unless hes farming an item or helping with something. In those very few times, the Warrior with that shit is the better option.

But! You're forgetting Velious and forward (especially velious) ~ where certain zones have mobs that are ridiculously resistant to Magic and Disease. It made Hybrids a joke. Take hits worse than a warrior and cant hold aggro. If you ask me though, this is how EverQuest should have been all along. Certain zones that had mobs trivialize certain tanks so everyone has a chance to shine, somewhere, while leveling.

(at least this is how I remember Velious - I didnt level up in it and only grouped in part of it.)

Siliconemelons

Dcloud always mad agro... also I think in velious resists still gave agro.

And didn't Dcloud just take away regen like way back in the wayback not really a dot? That's like real 99 xadion remembering ish so... lol

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
What would be a good 3rd with a shaman and monk? Kinda want to play my rogue, but he won't offer anything but DPS. Other thoughts were necro or druid.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
I also agree, add an ench. Shaman malo + tash on pet = easy sauce for ench charm. You'll wreck everything.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I would vote necro in that case, since you would have a similar high mana-regen playstyle like the shaman. Good utility too.

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Wow just found out the p99 staff, mostly derubael, are huge dickwads. Has anyone ever had a good interaction with them besides successful RMT's with Amelinda?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Wow just found out the p99 staff, mostly derubael, are huge dickwads. Has anyone ever had a good interaction with them besides successful RMT's with Amelinda?
Amelinda used to turn me into a mini ogre monk.... and I didn't pay her in cash or cupcakes. Does that count?