Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
It's getting close though - only untested zone is Plane of Mischief I think.

Also Siren's Grotto is still the pre-nerf version which lasted about 4 weeks on Live, so not sure what they are doing there.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Wonder how close they'll manage to get PoM. It isn't very well documented. Was a lot of fun back in the day, though, before they turned it into yet another boring zone full of aggro shit.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Yeah, there's some good stuff in there, but I didn't see a bunch of things. The conversations aren't all there. The quests aren't all there. The cards and such aren't there (from what I could see). At least the Theater is captured but I couldn't watch the whole thing (I'm at work). Did he kill the puppets/BB?

Edit: There is more in the directory above that. Way more. So yeah, looks like it might all be there. Nice.

Siliconemelons

those people literally lived in PoM until the change... and the fact that it was not truly a "raid" zone was kinda cool- trying to move a raid force of circa 2000 players would have been hard, now think of trying to navigate WoW kids through that zone haha

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Devs had access to eqmac and went through PoM which was the classic version of it.

Should be solid so long as they paid attention to NPC resistances.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Plane of Mischief had 10x the documentation that any other aspect of EverQuest ever had. There's an entire forum dedicated to it that you can still find on the wayback machine complete with all the dialogues etc.

They were only missing one piece of dialogue that I found and submitted from that forum, so the zone's complete. They just need mob tuning feedback etc.

The Velious beta server on a whole is pretty solid, especially once they implement all the feedback from the forum. The 255 resist change really helped things out a lot, resists still aren't entirely accurate but they're waaaay better than they were previously. Some major bugs (like being able to land stuff like MoK and Cripple on MR immune mobs) haven't gotten any response yet but hopefully it's easily fixable stuff and we'll be seeing Velious sooner than later. Again, I don't know if I'm being an optimist but the beta server feels better than Kunark did when that launched. It won't ever be perfect and the vast majority of fine tuning and fixing stuff will happen after launch.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Can confirm that Nilbog and others had basically lived on EQMac gathering data so it wouldn't ever be lost and close to classic.

It should be very accurate when it opens on P99.

Also, Nilbog I know personally went on live just sitting there killing individual NPCs to get the exact faction hit values that each NPC gave. I think Nilbog's done the ring war, and other minor velious quests that I had no idea existed a bunch of times on live to get dialogs in that regard. Dude's a machine when it comes to gathering information.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, there's some good stuff in there, but I didn't see a bunch of things. The conversations aren't all there. The quests aren't all there. The cards and such aren't there (from what I could see). At least the Theater is captured but I couldn't watch the whole thing (I'm at work). Did he kill the puppets/BB?

Edit: There is more in the directory above that. Way more. So yeah, looks like it might all be there. Nice.
With respect, you replied in 10 minutes; you didn't even look at it all.

The quest dialogue is in the log file, not the videos. I even found a few lines that weren't on old web pages. The cards and combines they made were already known and available on the web. I literally went up to every NPC and killed them all with captureable damage to get their max hp and sat down to get their max hits. I couldn't kill Bristlebane (but I attacked him) because he wasn't the EZ-mode monk soloable Velious version; he was hitting for 500+, was procing charm and had like 1 million HP or some high value.

I'm not involved with project 1999 and I wasn't involved with PEQ/TAKP when I gathered that; I had made the decision to document the game only after the shutdown notice, so I only had 4 weeks to gather data on AK before the shutdown, and I spent a week of that month in PoM alone. I have no idea what kind of data p99 gathered, but I'm making my data publicly available so at least any emu can be as accurate as my data is.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I couldn't look at it all from work. Firewalls and such. Didn't mean any disrespect, so don't take it that way.

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
Xzerion had PoM done for p99 when kunark was being released

amazing velious isn't out yet LMAO i guess they are trying to milk kunark for every penny they can b4 the nodrop velious gear comes out

maybe sirken can actually pay for a piece of pussy one day with his RMT earnings

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
So, tell us, when is that Extreme Butthurt debuff gonna fade, Rellapse? How long has it been since you left P99 for EQMac again?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Plane of Mischief had 10x the documentation that any other aspect of EverQuest ever had. There's an entire forum dedicated to it that you can still find on the wayback machine complete with all the dialogues etc.

They were only missing one piece of dialogue that I found and submitted from that forum, so the zone's complete. They just need mob tuning feedback etc.

The Velious beta server on a whole is pretty solid, especially once they implement all the feedback from the forum. The 255 resist change really helped things out a lot, resists still aren't entirely accurate but they're waaaay better than they were previously. Some major bugs (like being able to land stuff like MoK and Cripple on MR immune mobs) haven't gotten any response yet but hopefully it's easily fixable stuff and we'll be seeing Velious sooner than later. Again, I don't know if I'm being an optimist but the beta server feels better than Kunark did when that launched. It won't ever be perfect and the vast majority of fine tuning and fixing stuff will happen after launch.
How are resists now on beta in general? I haven't been around, but it was damn near impossible to get a tank to resist anything, which made some fights ridiculous.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
How are resists now on beta in general? I haven't been around, but it was damn near impossible to get a tank to resist anything, which made some fights ridiculous.
Didn't get a ton of experience (beta server has been down for awhile now), but the difference is mind blowing. It's way fucking better, man. I'm sure there's probably some quirkiness that I couldn't find from just a few hours of testing but it's a huge improvement. Moved Velious from "wtf is this mess" to "almost ready for launch" for me.

Siliconemelons

Problem with killing mobs and basing that has max HP is velious is when they started using mob regen as a tactic in making mobs harder... some boss mobs had few(er) HP but tons of regen.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What's the deal with TMO purportedly reviving FE for alt characters so they can also raid in the rotation? Is it just nonsense, or?

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
One of the super early incarnations of PoM is straight boring as fuck. Maybe the first iteration? Whatever version of PoM was on EQMac. I'd be surprised if it could sustain more than 1 group of players and that may be pushing it.

I sat in that zone for a very long time. You run through that place once trying to do the things like cards. I never once saw a White Knight/Queen whatever. Not fucking once in my entire tenure there did I ever see that card drop or get sold. I guarantee you that item was the rarest thing on the server barring some kind of artifact.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Problem with killing mobs and basing that has max HP is velious is when they started using mob regen as a tactic in making mobs harder... some boss mobs had few(er) HP but tons of regen.
Which mobs supposedly had high combat regen? I've yet to find one or read about one. Not counting mobs that had lifetap abilities.

Currently on live, most ToV dragons have 30 hp/tick combat regen. Some have 26. Eashen and Ikatiar have 100. I need some good evidence to convince me that SOE went and lowered the regen of these mobs at some point years later when all of their max hits are the same and I can find no evidence that they have been altered. (minus the rare mob like Vulak)

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
One of the super early incarnations of PoM is straight boring as fuck. Maybe the first iteration? Whatever version of PoM was on EQMac. I'd be surprised if it could sustain more than 1 group of players and that may be pushing it.

I sat in that zone for a very long time. You run through that place once trying to do the things like cards. I never once saw a White Knight/Queen whatever. Not fucking once in my entire tenure there did I ever see that card drop or get sold. I guarantee you that item was the rarest thing on the server barring some kind of artifact.
Yes. Well the very FIRST incarnation Thrones actually fucking dropped. Not very many people actually remember this version or were there. I was lucky enough to have a necro pal from the #1 guild (best fucking dude ever, Squrt from Paradigm on solro) show me (obvy after he farmed all his flowers and robe). The next version was fucking BRUTAL with throne droprates. I was bound in POM for MONTHS and regularly kept the every soloable throne dropping mob on lockdown and youd go without seeing ANY thrones.

Also velious mobs didnt have high regen in combat, just outside of combat