Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Origin

Molten Core Raider
Why anyone continued to play on this shitstain server after Phinny released is beyond me. I can't believe this shit still exists.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Nostalgia? i tried to get back into phinny before i dove back into P99 but having phinny in PoP and all the new spell particles and models and zones n shit just made me say fuck it and go back onto P99

Anyone know what would be causing P99 (Titanium client) to randomly... skip frames? if i'm looking around with my mouse and strafe around a target sometimes frames will just skip and i'll end up doing a full 180 turn.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Their client is pretty weird at this point. I used to have that happen, never figured out why. Also their client skips entire horizontal lines of pixels on my screen... Super annoying in the char Windows.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mryd

Golden Knight of the Realm
Nostalgia? i tried to get back into phinny before i dove back into P99 but having phinny in PoP and all the new spell particles and models and zones n shit just made me say fuck it and go back onto P99

Anyone know what would be causing P99 (Titanium client) to randomly... skip frames? if i'm looking around with my mouse and strafe around a target sometimes frames will just skip and i'll end up doing a full 180 turn.
I used to have this problem. The thing is, it's been so long since I played on p99 that I can't remember how I fixed it. Try either limiting your FPS to 59fps (or lower) or install the titanium client on your SSD (if you have one). I believe moving the client to my SSD did the trick.

• 1Solidarity

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Why anyone continued to play on this shitstain server after Phinny released is beyond me. I can't believe this shit still exists.
Becasue Phinny is like P2010. Not even remotely comparable gameplay wise. If you want a true 1999-2000 experience nothing can beat p1999. If you want a pseudo nostalgic server with instances, no corpse runs, out of date spells, some out of date skills and loot, with probably a 200% or more increase of loot, including raid loot, go play phinny. As to the RMT thing, both servers are plagued by it, except now with krono, SOE (daybreak) fully supports it.

To me both servers are great, why do you shit on P99 so much? Its a great server for what it tries to be.

• 1Like

Mryd

Yeah, phinny is fun, but is feels so different from p99/classic. I'm a sucker for classic graphics and classic spell effects. I would have a mini-seizure whenever I would cast root on phinny and see the unbelievably bad spell graphic. (and yes, I know ice comet looks badass, that spell is the only exception). Or when I would see some guy on some stupid ass worg mount that he bought for 15 bucks. Or how about zoning into new freeport? I guess I just can't handle the horrible aesthetic changes to the game.

Additionally, as much as I hate the neckbeards and poopsockers on p99, the stay at home moms on phinny drive me nuts. My charmed pet in the group would break, I would immediately re-mez, then a stay at home mom would nuke it and I would get dropped in a second. She would then go afk to deal with her dogs for 20 minutes, not even realizing that she got me killed.

Lastly, the group experience bonus on phinny, while nice, discourages solo play. With group experience bonus being the way it is, there is absolutely no reason to solo. Sometimes I want to just sit down and kill some shit every few minutes as I take care of some things in real life. I love quad-kiting, the bard diet and camping.

That's my personal reasons why I have enjoyed P99 and am enjoying TAKP a lot more than phinny.

• 1Solidarity

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just returning to p99....anyone have any gear etc for a noob..havent decided what to play. Have a bunch of chanter gear but dont really wanna chanter(sitting in ec on fistandilus trying to get rid of chanter gear)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
me both servers are great, why do you shit on P99 so much? Its a great server for what it tries to be.

You ever try the raid scene there? Agonizing. The ride to 60 is fun but once you're there it's not fun at all.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
Their client is pretty weird at this point. I used to have that happen, never figured out why. Also their client skips entire horizontal lines of pixels on my screen... Super annoying in the char Windows.

I used to always get that skipping thing as well - would often be 180'd into a kite on my bard.. I used to get the horizontal thing as well, ruined many screenshots.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I dont seem to have it doing it as much now after just doing:

• Reduce frame rate to 59
  • Reduced plane clipping down to 80 instead of 100
I think its mostly the plane clipping though

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
oh yeah, just remembered that turning off the sky helped a lot for me. but kind of makes the world look ugly.

• 1Solidarity

Boloboy

Bronze Knight of the Realm
are the FoH guys from here on p99? Got my shammy gear and just starting him if we got a guild and I could grab a invite

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
FYI, The FoH on P99 is not associated with anyone here as far as anyone knows. Tho they have gone to lengths to try to make it appear that they are.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Muh pnas bout to get hard again.. so close to 46 so i can equip my ragebringer again lol

edit: did 44-48.5 last night, love the power curve of ragebringer ~

Last edited:

Fork

Thinking about getting back in to this after a couple year break, duo partner isn't interested in returning so I have a low 40s Human SK (mostly stripped) I'm trying to decide what to do with. Also need a guild - 38 Shaman.

Pescador

Trakanon Raider
I've had my 60 bard on the shelf for about 4-5 years. Considering playing again from time to time. How hard would it be to MQ the bard epic? I have the white dragon scales already, so I guess the main things I'd need are the trak guts and red scale. I think I have the amygdalan tentacle and whatever other random stuff is needed already.