Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
No I never shared my info with anyone. The account was never banned but was suspended as a result of whatever nonsense the person who stripped it got up to in EC I presume. They said it was suspended due to suspicious activity and restored access but I logged back in just to see my guys near naked and ditched in a zone I generally avoided. Feels bad man =(

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
No I never shared my info with anyone. The account was never banned but was suspended as a result of whatever nonsense the person who stripped it got up to in EC I presume. They said it was suspended due to suspicious activity and restored access but I logged back in just to see my guys near naked and ditched in a zone I generally avoided. Feels bad man =(

That's sucks pal, best of luck if you restart :/

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Why anyone would want to play on a server where GM's will just log into your account and take everything and then sell them for real life $$ is beyond me and then ban your account afterwards saying you were cheating/hacking.

One of two things *IS* true about P99 (You pick one)
1. The owners are morons when it comes to putting people in charge when everyone single one of them were shady as fuck and then "disappeared".

2. They are in the business of harvesting your time to turn into $$.

By all means tho...play on this server lol. Enjoy the bad ending that will come from it.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Why anyone would want to play on a server where GM's will just log into your account and take everything and then sell them for real life $$ is beyond me and then ban your account afterwards saying you were cheating/hacking.

One of two things *IS* true about P99 (You pick one)
1. The owners are morons when it comes to putting people in charge when everyone single one of them were shady as fuck and then "disappeared".

2. They are in the business of harvesting your time to turn into $$.

By all means tho...play on this server lol. Enjoy the bad ending that will come from it.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time on P99. The only thing I would have done differently had I known what was really going on was RMT much much more than I did.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
There was 1 time on P99 where I was like 'holy fuck that is awesome'

That was when Uthgaard was GM'ing and some ass hat necro from DA was training me in Droga for no reason. Uthgaard took over his body and flew around the air dropping corpses (actual XP deaths) for 10 minutes and put a temp ban on his account for 30 days. Droga was littered with this dudes bodies.

Uthgaard was a cool motherfucker but also a little crazy. You did not want to get on his bad side.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Reminds me of the Sony GM that lost his shit and started summoning people to their deaths in VP

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Speaking of rmt, if anyone wants to sell crap on blue, lemme know.

I hear they really started to crack own on that shit over the past few months. There were forums out there like "red" that you could buy shit, but most of the sellers have vanished in the last few months, probably because they got the ban.

Loltrickedu

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I'm aware there's probably a risk it would all be lost/caught/whatever. Not risk averse enough to pass if anyone is selling!

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd like to see an EQ mod that allowed players to have more than 1 pet - so a Necromancer could be a true ruler of the undead.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

accounts are still being "hacked" and banned and stripped for RMT in 2017.

Who would have thought?

Last edited:
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It was Derubael and he did it exactly what you said - was stripping banned accounts and RMTing the items and made 10k if rumours are to be believed. Derubael was (I think) former community member Gotrocks who had a but of fame in the p99 forums for being helpful in technical discussion, being a reformed crack addict and posting pics of him shagging his chick. What I heard was that he'd fallen off the wagon or something.

The staff never made any announcements, he just completely dropped off the map which was bizarre as at the time he would stream with Sirken (long time lead GM) every week. It was hushed up to a ridiculous extent, I remember before going on Sirken's stream a few months after he insisted that I 'don't bring up Derubael or ask what happened, I'll just say he retired'.

It hurt the server as Rogean now hasn't let anyone except Sirken have GM access for years now and as nice as guy as he is he can be an inconsistent stoner.

If you think your account has been stripped petition on the forums and someone might eventually have a look at it - it'll probably take a while due to the lack of people with access to check these things.

Eta - as far as I know it was just banned accounts he was stripping, no idea about inactive ones. Ever give your info to a buddy? Plenty of folk have had their accounts stripped that way as well.

few things, it wasn't 10k (i cant check my records, i have sirken's private skype conversation saved somewhere and the harddrive is disconnected) I remember enough to know it was more like 17k and it was 17k in about 90 days.

Pretty good.

If you are really thirsty for factual details from Sirken's own mouth I can try to recover it at a later date. There's probably other details that you might find interesting regarding the corruption.

For example, Ephi was actually working alongside Derubael to RMT, strip, transfer, and conceal millions of platinum. And it was actually a guide catching Ephi logging into other peoples accounts that caught the attention initially. Ephi was seen (through the boxing-IP-tooltip thing they use to track IPs and mac addresses) They saw Ephi's MAC address logged into a random player, and the guide was like huh??? The guide described it like seeing a ghost. I guess the tooltip doesn't log anything, its merely there to be accessed if they want to check if you're boxing. If you have seen a screenshot of the boxing tool they use, then you know what I mean. The Guide literally just happened to be checking for boxers and poking around when he discovered Ephi (removed from staff months earlier) doing weird stuff.

Sirken went out of his way to mention that catching Ephi was a total coincidence, and may have never happened if the guide didn't randomly look at his screen at the right time, or had he not been logged in at the time Ephi was doing the transfer.

Rogean/Sirk/nilbog then opened a full investigation, which led to them discovering Derubael's activities secondary to what Ephi was doing (apparently alongside Derubael with both of them colluding together, was the implication)

Ephi was confirmed to be selling plat directly to platlord to the tune of 5 million plat per transfer.

So on and so forth.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
does everybody seem to get fucked at some point? lol doesn't seem like many people play on here anymore

been leveling my rogue with a buddy... kind of insane how fast exp is if you have a 60 shaman tanking Lguk for you... 27-40 in like 8 hours or some shit over the past 2 days

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
my former P99 guild had been really loyal to the server for about 5 or 6 years now, and has finally decided to relocate to a new server. i haven't played P99 in a couple years, but if even AG is leaving you know its getting bad.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
does everybody seem to get fucked at some point? lol doesn't seem like many people play on here anymore

been leveling my rogue with a buddy... kind of insane how fast exp is if you have a 60 shaman tanking Lguk for you... 27-40 in like 8 hours or some shit over the past 2 days

You'll be fine, its 95% legit.

You may dislike the current raid scene is the only thing I'd be weary about, if you intend to raid hardcore. Otherwise its the most legitimate emulator on the market, despite its occasional faults.

my former P99 guild had been really loyal to the server for about 5 or 6 years now, and has finally decided to relocate to a new server. i haven't played P99 in a couple years, but if even AG is leaving you know its getting bad.

Interesting, TAKP or p2002? Phinigel?

AG aren't hardcore raiders as far as I know. Maybe they just wanted an experience beyond Velious.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
don't want to talk too much about it since its not final, but they're eyeing up TAKP.

AG is like hardcore casual? not hardcore by P99 standards, but by most server standards they would be. they field trackers and the whole 9 yards.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
don't want to talk too much about it since its not final, but they're eyeing up TAKP.

AG is like hardcore casual? not hardcore by P99 standards, but by most server standards they would be. they field trackers and the whole 9 yards.

ohh they field trackers, say no more. no explanation needed re; their departure. anyone deeply involved in the raid scene is apt to leave without reforms on the horizon.

Bellringer

Trakanon Raider
AG complained that they wanted to crawl nToV for months. Haynar implements leashing to where you must crawl/semi-crawl nToV. AG leaves server? I refuse to believe these rumors.

Needless

Toe Sucker
My buddy raids in Rustle, i might just look into them later on once my rogue is 60 lol

Long weekend though! hoping to get back up to 46 so i can equip my ragebringer again, hnnngghhhhhh it's such a tease

Dalven

Saor Alba
<Donor>
few things, it wasn't 10k (i cant check my records, i have sirken's private skype conversation saved somewhere and the harddrive is disconnected) I remember enough to know it was more like 17k and it was 17k in about 90 days.

Pretty good.

If you are really thirsty for factual details from Sirken's own mouth I can try to recover it at a later date. There's probably other details that you might find interesting regarding the corruption.

For example, Ephi was actually working alongside Derubael to RMT, strip, transfer, and conceal millions of platinum. And it was actually a guide catching Ephi logging into other peoples accounts that caught the attention initially. Ephi was seen (through the boxing-IP-tooltip thing they use to track IPs and mac addresses) They saw Ephi's MAC address logged into a random player, and the guide was like huh??? The guide described it like seeing a ghost. I guess the tooltip doesn't log anything, its merely there to be accessed if they want to check if you're boxing. If you have seen a screenshot of the boxing tool they use, then you know what I mean. The Guide literally just happened to be checking for boxers and poking around when he discovered Ephi (removed from staff months earlier) doing weird stuff.

Sirken went out of his way to mention that catching Ephi was a total coincidence, and may have never happened if the guide didn't randomly look at his screen at the right time, or had he not been logged in at the time Ephi was doing the transfer.

Rogean/Sirk/nilbog then opened a full investigation, which led to them discovering Derubael's activities secondary to what Ephi was doing (apparently alongside Derubael with both of them colluding together, was the implication)

Ephi was confirmed to be selling plat directly to platlord to the tune of 5 million plat per transfer.

So on and so forth.

Haha, I remember hearing rumblings that Ephi was involved - hellish Irony that. Did you see all this in those csr logs that Greengrocer released or did you have another source? I could never be fucked trawling through them, I was really active in Asgard at the time and everything I heard was through the raid guild grapevine.

I'm a sucker for P99 gossip tho, if you have interesting logs throw them my way please!

I played on that server for years and never had a toon ripped off even after account sharing with several pals (I think my bard is now a fte toon for Aftermath) and that's the experience of 99% of the server so don't let the random corruption put you off if you are a newcomer.