Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

yraapt_sl

shitlord
P99 is the best old school EQ option available today, by a long shot. It's not perfect though. There is boxing, MQ, and RMT. These things are 'against the rules', but some people do slide through... Generally I think the admins do a decent enough job. It is a great place to get your nostalgia fix leveling 1-59.

Off the Left_sl

shitlord
I just can't bring myself to play this. The thought to starting fresh at level 1 naked, knowing the grind ahead of me just keeps me from pulling the trigger.

yraapt_sl

shitlord
For a first char, I highly recommend heading to EC tunnel. It is easy to get thorns/HP/crack there, basically powerleveling through the teens.

But yeah, after that it is a grind unlike anything seen in modern mmos

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
P99 is the best old school EQ option available today, by a long shot. It's not perfect though. There is boxing, MQ, and RMT. These things are 'against the rules', but some people do slide through... Generally I think the admins do a decent enough job. It is a great place to get your nostalgia fix leveling 1-59.
I can't tell if this is a troll or what but this is far from the best classic EQ experience you can get. People have summed it up already in this thread but I'd avoid this server like a plague.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I can't tell if this is a troll or what but this is far from the best classic EQ experience you can get. People have summed it up already in this thread but I'd avoid this server like a plague.
Gotta agree, if you plan to raid you would do better to pound your balls with a hammer. New GM is a total idiot worse than the previous one, which honestly i did not think was possible. AVOID

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
The server is honestly perfectly fine, there's a huge population, there's action in virtually every zone, there's a thriving economy. It's definitely the best classic server available.

• 1Potato
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The server is honestly perfectly fine, there's a huge population, there's action in virtually every zone, there's a thriving economy. It's definitely the best classic server available. With that said, if anyone is looking to play the server and wants to avoid the whole starting from nothing thing, I can offer excellent prices(probably the best you can find) on plat, to give yourself a little kick start.
LOL. You talk about a thriving economy and offer RMT in the same paragraph... beautiful.

HorrorFK_sl

shitlord
Only worth playing if you're lucky enough to catch a daily grind group, since no boxing allowed. This leads to long LFG times, and even more at higher levels unless you're a SHM, ENC, or WAR. All racial/class exp penalties are still in tact. Bards and SKs will suck your exp nearly halfway.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Uhh the better the RMT economy is, the better. Are you retarded or something or just don't understand basic economics? Would you rather shit be so worthless that nobody would ever want to pay any actual money for it?

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Uhh the better the RMT economy is, the better. Are you retarded or something or just don't understand basic economics? Would you rather shit be so worthless that nobody would ever want to pay any actual money for it?
Uh, no, I'd rather people play the game and work within the confines of said game to obtain what they want. Seems like basic economics to me -- you want something, you gather currency and pay for it. But, please, lecture me on how creating a black market economy that introduces artificial inflation into the existing one is part of basic economics, dude.

I don't care either way. I don't play there anymore, mostly due to reasons that have been previously mentioned in this thread. All I was doing was pointing out the obvious fallacy in your statement.

Off the Left_sl

shitlord
If anyone wants to gift me their old, unused, rotting account... I'd love to play again. Just don't think I have it in me to start yet again from level 1. Someone mentioned that EQMac is better, but since I'm Mac-less P99 is really my only option it seems.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was actually thinking that last night, Err. i think
Are youretardedor something
pretty much confirms it. 95% of Lumi's posts seem to call somebody or something retarded.

yraapt_sl

shitlord
EQMac is definitely a good option, although it does have moon cats and a lower population. RMT is going to be available on any popular server. Plat is cheaper on EQMac if anyone is interested in that.