Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Phanton

Trakanon Raider
Me and some old EQlive pals are having a good time on P99 so far. The population is so-so. I don't have any problem finding groups during peak hours. Although, that could change as I get higher. I'm only lvl 25 because I've been dicking around in EC too much (bartering nostalgia ftw).

yraapt_sl

shitlord
I don't see anything on there about a beta or anything.
frown.png
Is yeahlight(EQC) still planning to give the code to someone else to host? Definitely interesting news

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
OK now someone get the code and turn it's classic awesomeness into a 5x exp PVE only permadeath discord style server.. give group/guildmates 5min to loot your corpse and have like froglok king/frenzy/efreeti/fg named drop a 50% rez scroll and gods/dragons drop like 5 100% rez's.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
OK now someone get the code and turn it's classic awesomeness into a 5x exp PVE only permadeath discord style server.. give group/guildmates 5min to loot your corpse and have like froglok king/frenzy/efreeti/fg named drop a 50% rez scroll and gods/dragons drop like 5 100% rez's.
Can we kill this guy please?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Good point. Root cc then? Somewhere far from any prospective developer would be good.

Martyr_sl

shitlord
I started playing this yesterday and have a few questions.

1. How come that almost nobody is playing rangers or paladins? Only 14 Rangers determined by /who all ranger count.
I started as a druid, but i don't want to play a class that everybody seems to be playing. Like 90 online yesterday..
Are rangers as much shit as they wre in 2000 or did they implement some of the later stuff, that made them more viable?

2. Is Scars of Velious implemented? Its been said in some FAQ but the server is named "Ruins of Kunark", so i'm unsure.

3. How ist group playing especially in later levels? Or is everyone doing a druid quadkite solo grindfest..

4. What classes are needed most atm, would a cleric be a good option?

Kruel_sl

shitlord
I started playing this yesterday and have a few questions.

1. How come that almost nobody is playing rangers or paladins? Only 14 Rangers determined by /who all ranger count.
I started as a druid, but i don't want to play a class that everybody seems to be playing. Like 90 online yesterday..
Are rangers as much shit as they wre in 2000 or did they implement some of the later stuff, that made them more viable?

2. Is Scars of Velious implemented? Its been said in some FAQ but the server is named "Ruins of Kunark", so i'm unsure.

3. How ist group playing especially in later levels? Or is everyone doing a druid quadkite solo grindfest..

4. What classes are needed most atm, would a cleric be a good option?
Nobody is playing those classes because they do not get good until SOL. The problem is SOL will never come on that server.
SOV isnt implimented. It has been almost two years of the same content with no expansions. When kunark came around they were saying it is ready for almost a year before the release. SOV isnt going to be around for a long time.
group playing in karnors etc is good. Same as live though were you wait for a long time LFG. Making friends and joining a larger guild will get you groups way faster.
Cleric is always a good option - they are always needed - also shaman are hella wanted - seems there is almost always just one or two shamans buffing an entire raid force.

yraapt_sl

shitlord
1. Hybrid XP penalty and general weakness compared to other classes.
2. Kunark is live, Velious is being developed.
3. Up to 30 is good. 30-50 is slim pickins, 50+ is good. If you go Crushbone->Unrest->Mistmoore you'll see plenty of groups. After that it gets tough.
4. Seriously play a class you like. Groups generally want clerics...

yraapt_sl

shitlord
So Tyen is now claiming that he and Nirgon have obtained EQ1 source from someone working at SOE. He posted a bunch of modelling stuff, but I'm guessing that's all available from the client? Anyways the P99 staff kept true to their Gestapo roots and cleaned up any mention of it.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
So Tyen is now claiming that he and Nirgon have obtained EQ1 source from someone working at SOE. He posted a bunch of modelling stuff, but I'm guessing that's all available from the client? Anyways the P99 staff kept true to their Gestapo roots and cleaned up any mention of it.
Where did you see this?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Tyen will have the last laugh when he's camping JBoots...in a browser!