Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Zaide

TLP Idealist
IB had some pretty legit RMT going on (mostly post TR merger IB). Kinsawt scooped most of the big money, though. TMO doesn't RMT their raid loot for the most part--but their guild is enormous and has tons of churn. Saw a screenshot the other day of one of their kills--recognized about 5 char names :p
I remember the IB thing, but I don't think they were killing raid mobs with the intention of rmting the loot. It was a group of people who elected to leave the server and were cashing out in the process.

I could be wrong for sure, but that's how I perceived it.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
Calm down. A person isn't a "mother fucking retard" for not sharing your opinions on a video game. Get some perspective.
Lol reputation comment from Zaide. Dude has straight fucking downs. He thinks what I just said is an opinion rofl. What a fucking retard.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
4-5 active raiding guilds during Kunark is better than any server I've ever played on. Those are guilds actually getting raid mobs too, nevermind the guilds doing planar clears and the 7 or so farming Sky (some of the best loot until Velious!). It's really not that bad. Sure mobs die a few minutes from spawning but why wouldn't they?

Also, I've seen the <random top guild> rmt thing quite a bit. People say that rmt is the only reason guilds like TMO have to keep farming the same content. But that's not how you see it when you're actually in a raid guild. Top guilds are only top guilds insofar as they kill the most raid mobs. Loot becomes irrelevant when the goal is to be the best.

I hope you end up sticking it out and join one of the active raiding guilds Gecko. You might enjoy it!
I doubt it'll happen. I cleared everything in Velious and Kunark when EQ was live. I have zero desire to invest huge sums of time in the game again. I'd love to do some endgame raiding, but that's not possible on P99 unless you suckup to the two superpowers.

I could be wrong, as I mentioned I'm not playing that much, but there seems to be two hardcore groups locking everything down: TMO and FE/IB, correct?

The bigger problem isn't those two guilds fighting over VP, it's the fact the same groups are killing every relevant endgame mob period within minutes of it spawning. The only viable reason I can think of is either server lockdown or RMT. These mobs are not challenging. The only competition is due diligence to roll out a raid force within minutes of it spawning. I'll admit the rush is fun to beat another guild to a mob, but where's the rush to cockblock a bunch of small casual guilds endlessly on non relevant old world content?

Anyways, P99 is a nice niche setup, but at the end of the day it's offering nothing really new and exciting except trying to be top dog which is nice, but more about controlling churn than anything else. I've been shown some pretty compelling RMT info which may or may not be BS but to me it does appear there's more of it going on than I really though possible on an old EMU server.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
they farm it because they like raiding everquest mobs and in the kunark expansion theres only like 10

10 mobs 1000+ people yeah they gonna die fast

Zaide

TLP Idealist
From a guild leaders perspective; you advertise the guild as a raiding guild so people join your guild to raid. If you say you're the premier raiding guild then people join in order to raid the most. Thus the top guild is fulfilling it's raison d'?tre by going for every mob all the time, to do anything less is basically going back on your word, since people joined under the pretense that you would do this.

I'm 100% sure there is rampant RMT on P99; I just don't think there is an organized effort within top raid guilds to monopolize content for the purpose of RMT. If there were we would have seen it by now, as soon as one random officer got butthurt and defected or something. It's more likely people farming shit like fungi's and playing the ec market.

Swagdaddy

guys doing ec 24/7 and bard PLs/seafury bots are the majority of RMT

stop tinhatting geck if you knew how big of loot whores most raiders are you would know every single piece of loot is accounted for and explained to almost everyone, people always ask who got what or where it went

everyone has an alt "that could use that" and im sure the shit is inquired about constantly

Xasten_sl

shitlord
most of the top guilds will /guildremove you if you have poor raid attendance

killing dragons on P99 is a pretty big commitment
This isn't quite accurate. For example, TMO doesn't remove people for inactivity. These days it's pretty hard to get into the guild, but once you're in you're set for a long time. We've only done a single purge of inactive characters who hadn't logged in for 6+ months. Even then we kept some people who still actively posted on the board but didn't play. Once you're in you tend to stay in as long as you don't ghost completely or rage out.

I agree with Zaide that most of the guildbanks are pretty well tracked and that most (but not all) of the major RMT comes from the people who hawk in EC and PL with bards. TMO's guild bank, for example, is kept open to all members and is updated weekly with plat figures. Sure, it's definately possible to skim off of it, and I'm sure it's happened more than once. However, a systemic RMT reaping would be pretty hard to pull off long term; it'd get caught eventually. The GM's watch the major guild banks.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
The bigger problem isn't those two guilds fighting over VP, it's the fact the same groups are killing every relevant endgame mob period within minutes of it spawning. The only viable reason I can think of is either server lockdown or RMT. These mobs are not challenging. The only competition is due diligence to roll out a raid force within minutes of it spawning. I'll admit the rush is fun to beat another guild to a mob, but where's the rush to cockblock a bunch of small casual guilds endlessly on non relevant old world content?
Because Kunark has been going for 3? years now these guilds have max geared alts logged out near all the major bosses, so it's impossible for anyone else to kill them. At least that's how it was when I last played.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Because Kunark has been going for 3? years now these guilds have max geared alts logged out near all the major bosses, so it's impossible for anyone else to kill them. At least that's how it was when I last played.
So why do the server admins allow it, when the endgame is essentially shit due to this? My point has nothing to do with TMO or FE/IB, but more the administration of the server.

When every major boss dies within 5 minutes of repop:

I guess I'm expecting too much from an EMU server, maybe.

Swagdaddy

you're expecting raid guilds to not kill raid mobs

im not sure what your points have been

Zaide

TLP Idealist
The competition is what a lot of these guys play for in the first place. It's escalated a ton but if the admins interfere with the raid game too much they alienate the hardcore crowd, which is typically the most active and vocal part of the population.

Besides, where do they draw the line? If 5 minutes is too fast then do we make people wait an hour? Then people would just camp out and set their timers to log in the instant the timer was up.

There isn't a ruleset that won't be gamed and min maxed by hardcore raiders. In some ways it sucks but that's just the nature of classic EQ.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
you're expecting raid guilds to not kill raid mobs

im not sure what your points have been
Actually, I'm not sure what my point is either. I guess to me D2 is not D2 without ladder resets. 3+ years later Kunark farming has nothing to do with classic EQ or competition.

I disagree with people playing for the competition argument, though. There is none to be found, and everything is just Pavlovian in nature.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I don't disagree with you, and it was mostly the same in original EQ as well. Difference being that expansions released faster and people moved on. There was always raid guilds that were 1, 2, 3, etc expansions behind.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I remember the IB thing, but I don't think they were killing raid mobs with the intention of rmting the loot. It was a group of people who elected to leave the server and were cashing out in the process.

I could be wrong for sure, but that's how I perceived it.
You are wrong and incredibly retarded as fuck.

TMO doesn't RMT their raid loot for the most part
Lol how do you get to be this dumb?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Zaide has a good point

there's way too many people in TMO for RMT to be a huge thing in the guild. by now someone would have gotten butthurt and blown a whistle on the forums.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Zaide: It was mostly that after the CT guild suspension (thanks, perun) the decision was made to EQMac. The guild bank was divided up among a few key people. Getsome held on to his share and still has it to display. Kinsawt...well, he rerolled, lol. Wasn't so much a systemic RMT but a "fuck this, you fucking whore Amelinda" and left. Wasn't too long after that information was posted that she had been bought. Then disgraced, she was removed as P99 staff.

As for why the raiding continues as hard as it does to this day: It's about putting your balls in another man's face and making him take a long hard breath. Such is p99 raiding.