Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Xeldar

Silver Squire
I'm reading the TMO's leaders doing this apologist crap. This shit is hilarious. They seem to labor under the illusion: a) Rogean owes them shit. b) Anything other than everyone getting IP banned is effectively getting off lightly.

It's so funny to me. Like their leadership is like, "Rogean, you are completely in the wrong. You're unfair, waaaah. We're upstanding faggots with a few bad apples!" They should be like, "You know what Rogean, our guild fucked up, thanks for not IP banning us all. Our egos need Project 99 far more than the server needs TMO"

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The server's underlying problem is that Everquest isn't an unknown anymore. Everything is known about every single encounter. There is no guesswork, and very little effort is required. Part of what made EQ fun was having to actually try.

I mean, I'm sure AOW will still curbstomp everyone for a while when they release Velious, but we all know how to spawn him, right?

Rita Poon_sl

shitlord
The server's underlying problem is that Everquest isn't an unknown anymore. Everything is known about every single encounter. There is no guesswork, and very little effort is required. Part of what made EQ fun was having to actually try.

I mean, I'm sure AOW will still curbstomp everyone for a while when they release Velious, but we all know how to spawn him, right?
Actually according to a lot of the posts from TMO members due to them being geared to the teeth they'll be steam rolling everything.. Like literally one guy said ToV wont be a problem with there current gear.

Siliconemelons

Actually according to a lot of the posts from TMO members due to them being geared to the teeth they'll be steam rolling everything.. Like literally one guy said ToV wont be a problem with there current gear.
And no matter how many times I try and explain to them that they are wrong they wont listen... but its no matter no. They forget how much longer velious fights are etc etc.

Alk and others- where you around for the time Zeelot did something in fear where he knew he would get suspended just to prove a point? well its that x1000 - he is raging vs rogean and IMO seems blind by it to what he did/is doing to the guild.

SK, Pally, Bard filthly casual thats been around forever LFGuild - tired of this shit... I rode the wave from Fish Bait - DA and TMO.. guess its time to move on- I need someone to kill velious dragons with :p It was sad when most of the forum bro's got split.... I mostly want to keep up with my bros Zilo, Vonhammer and Necrious and a few others.

What is cool is Azure Guard was founded by some old Veeshan Azure Guard people- so thats cool

Raid rules and variance still need work before velious for it to be "fair yet competative"

Xasten_sl

shitlord
That was probably me. There are a few encounters that will give trouble, but that's because they'll have to be relearned. Aside from AoW and maybe Vyemm, most of NtoV will fall in short order. The guild has so many Prayers of Life that we can survive constant AE barrages. Vulak's AE is almost meaning less with the amount of cure shields we have. Most players are already well practiced with CH rotations, and almost all of the content will, in my opinion, be downed in short order. Assuming we don't keep going full retard, that is.

Siliconemelons

That was probably me. There are a few encounters that will give trouble, but that's because they'll have to be relearned. Aside from AoW and maybe Vyemm, most of NtoV will fall in short order. The guild has so many Prayers of Life that we can survive constant AE barrages. Vulak's AE is almost meaning less with the amount of cure shields we have. Most players are already well practiced with CH rotations, and almost all of the content will, in my opinion, be downed in short order. Assuming we don't keep going full retard, that is.
Short order, maybe- day one... no

and full retard yes...its going on apparently... unless you guys can stop it or corral the troops... Z and DD imo are done- as is Faz I am sure... to unless some of the officer core and high end members get together its just going to be a mess of dumbness.

Siliconemelons

Those good people need to communicate to the good people

and for fuck sake make a little guild just for elethia <Thanks Obama> or somethin :p

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
What is cool is Azure Guard was founded by some old Veeshan Azure Guard people- so thats cool
Azure Guard is who i play with when i log on P99 (which doesn't happen a whole lot these days)

they're an excellent happy-medium between casual and raiding.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Alk and others- where you around for the time Zeelot did something in fear where he knew he would get suspended just to prove a point? well its that x1000 - he is raging vs rogean and IMO seems blind by it to what he did/is doing to the guild.
Can't remember the details, to be honest, but I think I was around, yeah. I tried to explain to him that allowing this bullshit to go on unfettered was going to be a problem in the long run, but he didn't want to listen to me because I'm an old man and I'm no fun. Oh well. Look at TMO now, right?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Vyemm wasn't perma rooted at launch. Nor Aaryonar or Lenindaria. TOV's an indoor zone and we have probably 15+ donals BPs in every major guild which should remain functional for several months post velious launch. Much depends on how classic Nilbog wants to make this or if he wants to give us pushover mobs because of the patch history combined with our 3 year kunark...

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If you can still charm giants in Kael and bind in the arena then AoW could die on the first night.

In addition to all the other advantages discussed, you've got to figure that these raids are going to be rolling through with like 100 people due to the inevitable population spike on launch night when everyone who ever spent a week in any raiding guild on the server suddenly comes back.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
3 non terrible enchanters, a handful of clerics with Donals and a few pullers should be able to kill aow on day one. Charming in kale is so op. I wonder when the Donals bps will get nerfed.

Xasten_sl

shitlord
3 non terrible enchanters, a handful of clerics with Donals and a few pullers should be able to kill aow on day one. Charming in kale is so op. I wonder when the Donals bps will get nerfed.
The charmed giants will not be able to hold aggro well enough to down AoW, and the GM's have strongly hinted that the BP will be nerfed day 1.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
If you charm the right giants they sure as hell do, keep in mind you don't need any other dps besides charm pets. Donals nerf would be an issue unless you have mad necros. We would kill aow on eq Mac with Enchs and only 5 clerics. That was @ 65, so it depends on your enchs ability to keep aow tanked 100% of the time and cleric mana pool. Tanking with a warrior makes it way harder.

Of corse this all depends on how they code the expansion and mobs. No matter, it will be a crazy release day

Siliconemelons

Beta is needed, it will weed out whate we can and cannot do- and yea every cleric vitually has a donals...will be crazy- and non root dragons makes wall avoidance ez

Xasten_sl

shitlord
If you charm the right giants they sure as hell do, keep in mind you don't need any other dps besides charm pets. Donals nerf would be an issue unless you have mad necros. We would kill aow on eq Mac with Enchs and only 5 clerics. That was @ 65, so it depends on your enchs ability to keep aow tanked 100% of the time and cleric mana pool. Tanking with a warrior makes it way harder.

Of corse this all depends on how they code the expansion and mobs. No matter, it will be a crazy release day
Right, but IIRC the P99 pet aggro nerf will mean that the clerics will eventually be eaten. Wasn't pet aggro changes because they were petting down Vox and Nag? Will they be able to hold aggro over the clerics healing?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Rogean repopped the entire server at ~8:30 tonight - I'm guessing to make it so ppl don't need to poopsock during Christmas day.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Right, but IIRC the P99 pet aggro nerf will mean that the clerics will eventually be eaten. Wasn't pet aggro changes because they were petting down Vox and Nag? Will they be able to hold aggro over the clerics healing?
Should work if coded as classic
wink.png