Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Noahx

N00b
So far hit 8 on my chanter and made the epic journey to HHK to buy my shitpet spells. The run was nervewracking. Ended up checking out RV to see if I could find a better exp spot... died. No bind yet so another run back.

Ended up Duoing with a necro friend and had a fun time breaking camps/mezz/lull. Only issue I have is im basically broke from buying spells and finding any gear drops seems impossible.

Any suggestions for fun / decent gear to camp at level 8 with a friend? Or anyone have a bag of chanter/druid newb stuff they can pass along? (Pothe and Brei are the wife and I)

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you get groups on this server anyways? where ever I go, it's either empty, some high levels farming or a guild group of 6 going.

Am I the wrong class as Cleric?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
How do you get groups on this server anyways? where ever I go, it's either empty, some high levels farming or a guild group of 6 going.

The server has been on Kunark for over three years. Most of the players you see are alts, or have small groups of friends. The best bet is to join a leveling guild and try and find some regulars.

Europa has tons of alts and are really cool to new folks. They play on Euro time, mostly, if that matters to you.

Groups are hit or miss. It can take a while to get a good one setup.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so basically too late to the party, need a new server
smile.png

MaseK

Molten Core Raider
I don't think so, in Freeport area, grouping up before oasis (12+) only really happens at the Orc camps in EC.

I have found the fastest way to go 1-12 is to /who Druid, and ask for DS/regen. Then proceed to kill as many red/yel mobs as possible and rinse and repeat. Sure it involves bumming buffs but you can go from 1-12 in a handful of hours.

bayr_sl

shitlord
I only lasted about 3 hours when I tried P99 but for some reason I have this sudden and ridiculous urge to be a Dwarf in EQ

axeman_sl

shitlord
This server feels like such damaged goods. I really have EQ cravings but I just can't bring myself to rolling here again. It's like arriving to a party at 4AM when everyone's passed out in the furniture and only the three socially handicapped nerds are still awake and playing XBox. Sure there's technically a lot of people at the party, but that doesn't make it a good time at this point! Fucking frustrating.

Siliconemelons

This server feels like such damaged goods. I really have EQ cravings but I just can't bring myself to rolling here again. It's like arriving to a party at 4AM when everyone's passed out in the furniture and only the three socially handicapped nerds are still awake and playing XBox. Sure there's technically a lot of people at the party, but that doesn't make it a good time at this point! Fucking frustrating.
best analogy for current p99 as of late! A+ I havent made it to a raid in the new year, i dont think? oh well...velioususussss!!!

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider

Clerics always needed, you just have to go the the hot zones for pick up groups.

Most people bum buffs in EC and then go exp in EC/WC/Befallen/Nro until 12ish. Then the place for groups is Oasis/Unrest (until 20ish)/Mistmoore (can do 22-35ish here)/Highkeep (22ish-30ish on goblins, always a group)/Guk/SolB/Karnors/Sebilis in that sort of order.

If it doesn't have a good exp modifier or loots most likely people aren't grouping for it. There's a ton of new people/restarting people lately, not everyone is alts.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't think so, in Freeport area, grouping up before oasis (12+) only really happens at the Orc camps in EC.

I have found the fastest way to go 1-12 is to /who Druid, and ask for DS/regen. Then proceed to kill as many red/yel mobs as possible and rinse and repeat. Sure it involves bumming buffs but you can go from 1-12 in a handful of hours.
This is good advice. Other than some guy from here giving me all his gear (he was mid 30s) this was the easiest way to level at the early levels.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I started playing this about 7 months ago and have a 60 Shaman and a 50 cleric. I've done a ton of content and hit most of the old zones. I am extremely casual. I haven't done a ton of raid content due to the cockblocking by TMO, but recent changes seem to be making that more doable even though I'm not really interested in that.

The frustrating thing for me was coming from WOW/SWTOR?Rift where everything is streamlined and there aren't any class dependencies for getting stuff done. That's also the allure.

I do agree a fresh server would be great. The economy is cratered here due to the trading of accounts and idiots with tons of alts permacamping endgame spawns for years. That doesn't mean the game itself isn't fun or the server isn't nice to login and get the oldschool AD&D EQ group feel.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any druids available the next few hours to port me from SF to BB? I have 1 pp, which seems to be a deal killer for most players
wink.png

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Any druids available the next few hours to port me from SF to BB? I have 1 pp, which seems to be a deal killer for most players
wink.png
You and anyone else can always message heallun in game. If I'm not in chardok aoe or raiding I'm on heallun.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
This is why at their core, interdependent games like EQ end up sucking in the long run. If you are not a part of the initial rush, you are relegated to find scraps wherever possible, saying fuck this and quitting in disgust.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
This is why at their core, interdependent games like EQ end up sucking in the long run. If you are not a part of the initial rush, you are relegated to find scraps wherever possible, saying fuck this and quitting in disgust.
? Can get everything but guises and firepot binds still. Getting a group as a cleric is easy as piss--he was an ungeared warrior in QH :p

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just beta, which will last 3-6 months probably.
Kunark beta was bigger and considerably shorter. Also launched with hella bugs. Velious is pretty straightforward compared to kunark...except for skyshrine, which is a fucking nightmarea with text / scripting / drops etc.