Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
Can vouch that Heallun is down for PLing almost always. I remember when he attempted to PL me in WoW, and that wasn't even feasible. A+, would be PL'd again.
Preshattering PLing through dungeons was a nice alternative to just questing. I leveled a alt I latered xfered to my main account and a friends alt to 60 just through dungeons. Took a few days and we were nicely geared and wrecked the 60s bracket for a while till we decided to level them to max. It was only worth PLing to 60 to skip Azeroth though. As far as P99 goes, I just made a Human Warrior last night and got him to lvl5~ name is Zdenek. Would love getting this bitch PLed in the evening so I can do some tanking, I hear tanks are always in demand.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Can vouch that Heallun is down for PLing almost always. I remember when he attempted to PL me in WoW, and that wasn't even feasible. A+, would be PL'd again.
PL in wow = grind silithus elite spiders. 30-50 in like 15 hours.

edit: vanilla wow

fresh

<Gold Donor>
Made an enchanter today. You guys are on the blue server correct? I can't believe how high the population is. I'll try to look you up tonight.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Have a 60 wizard and 55 monk for what seems like an eternity, waiting on velious. That whole winter is coming shit started in early 2014, still no sight of velious.

Can only AE chardok so many times.

Siliconemelons

I am thinking I will just anon return as my Halfling and start a-new with velious... but would be such a waste of a perfectly good SK epic...so shiny, and those floating skulls!

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Have a 60 wizard and 55 monk for what seems like an eternity, waiting on velious. That whole winter is coming shit started in early 2014, still no sight of velious.

Can only AE chardok so many times.
From what I've heard, the staff is intimidated into not releasing Velious because someone is a legitimate threat to the server (DDoS attack wise) and they have no means of stopping him, so a majority of them are deflated from even thinking about launching Velious because launch day will be a disaster.

And it's not just a kid with a $10 booter either, from what I've heard... more complex than just that.

That being said, nilbog's contacted me about the 10th ring war with some questions so they're still getting Velious ready, it's just a matter of when/if they can launch it.

Mesenkomaha_sl

shitlord
From what I've heard, the staff is intimidated into not releasing Velious because someone is a legitimate threat to the server (DDoS attack wise) and they have no means of stopping him, so a majority of them are deflated from even thinking about launching Velious because launch day will be a disaster.

And it's not just a kid with a $10 booter either, from what I've heard... more complex than just that.

That being said, nilbog's contacted me about the 10th ring war with some questions so they're still getting Velious ready, it's just a matter of when/if they can launch it.
WTF?? Are we talking about some bitter neckbeard or a corporate entity making these threats? Over some 15 year old elf simulator emu server? Oh Everquest...

Did Chardok ever get itemized or The Plane of Hate its Iksar plate sets?

Also wtb a new blue server.
Itemized.. or revamped? If you meant "itemized" then yes Chardok has been itemized since Kunark up. If you meant "revamped" then no Chardok 2.0 and Hate 2.0 are a ways out after Velious release

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
WTF?? Are we talking about some bitter neckbeard or a corporate entity making these threats? Over some 15 year old elf simulator emu server? Oh Everquest...
Believe it's an individual, not a corporation. Don't know exact details. Agree it's kind of nuts...

It's pretty clearly Raren & Abacab, Hasbinbad, Gwence ... name one

all of whom have comp sci degrees and have ddos'd p99 before

Siliconemelons

It's pretty clearly Raren & Abacab, Hasbinbad, Gwence ... name one

all of whom have comp sci degrees and have ddos'd p99 before
And Azeth I think we both have rolled with every one of them throughout the years... so sad what gets their rocks off now... but yeah they just want to see it burn for shits n giggles.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Xadion, I still require that halfling paladin. I don't even like paladins, but the novelty!

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh, and Secrets, I'm 100% OK with them releasing Velious with no raid content as they've mentioned. So many things to do pre raid o_O The socking on the ring alone, my god.

Siliconemelons

Oh, and Secrets, I'm 100% OK with them releasing Velious with no raid content as they've mentioned. So many things to do pre raid o_O The socking on the ring alone, my god.
Yeah no raid stuff is fine... but it honestly creates more of a cluster because all of the "non raid" stuff that would be open and avail for "the normal people" will be dominated by the raid people who cant raid... armor farms would be locked down- everything would be just a cluster and no fun... the great thing about velious is that is does offer like MORE content in raids than classic and kunark and will consume so much time of the raid centric - if you take out raids then the balance of "progress on raid side" and "prepare and armor farm equip everyone" is lost and you then have a huge mass of raid folks fully equipped in highest non-raid velious equipment looking to burn the content down.

I honestly think there will be a longer time of content consumption if velious is released in full.

I think the pally will be my man going into velious yo! as long as mf-ing elethia don't nerf my armor...again...then I am sidelines to only dropped top tier stuff and no faction armor...and that will suck.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Clearly. But you're kidding yourselves if you think people won't be left on camps like elder beads even during raid time. Every fucking pulled dragon is pretty much an eye pull, especially with Antonia n's not stacking.

Siliconemelons

Clearly. But you're kidding yourselves if you think people won't be left on camps like elder beads even during raid time. Every fucking pulled dragon is pretty much an eye pull, especially with Antonia n's not stacking.
Crap like that is going to be a camp-cluster no matter what, same with people aimlessly wondering around seeking planking and killing stupid white griffins...

I mean no raid content people will be regulated to RFV armor farms when they should be giant farming, because giants are taken because dragons E and W are all taken by those that should be raiding...and PoG will most likely be clean as a foodball field on Tuesday.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
What asshole will be the first to complete Spirit of Garzicor, that's what I want to know. (afaik I was second on EQ Mac, and fuckkkkkk that quest)