Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
outdated infos. raiding is under a microscope now more than ever you couldnt cheat if you wanted to.
Then you're more deluded than you think we are. Check out the Officer sections in some of your most "respected" guilds.

GM's themselves have always been corrupt to some degree in EverQuest anyways. It was a solution and a problem at the same time. Most of the server got the benefit of having a GM taking care of everything, while the con was that the GM (On Fennin Ro at least) had a second account and was a guild officer in TMO. Its what drives people to guilds like IB and TMO in the first place.

The original TMO, not this TMO being modeled after that TMO. (Sort of how you see a ton of Fires of Heaven guilds but you'd be hard pressed to find one member thats EVER been a part of the Fires of Heaven guild, much less visited the FoH Forum.)

Im also hard pressed to believe that an extremely knowledgeable coder isnt within the community. Much less not have the gaul to break Rogean's (or whoevers) code to alert the system of ShowEQ. I looked into what Secrets said even further and if the files are stored on the PC you're working on - theyre able to be broken down regardless of encryption, and quickly.

Long story short - P99 is a corrupt server, but its no more corrupt than a retail server was in 1999. So in other words, they are pulling off the "Classic Experience" to a T.(Regardless of how Zealous you are about the server.)

Xasten_sl

shitlord
Long story short - P99 is a corrupt server, but its no more corrupt than a retail server was in 1999. So in other words, they are pulling off the "Classic Experience" to a T.(Regardless of how Zealous you are about the server.)
There's certainly a high chance that shady things are still happening to get around the .DLL. However, any work around is VERY well hidden and not entirely useful. Every raid target has to be face tracked by a person at the keyboard so that the batphone can be fired off instantly. That really defeats the purpose of a lot of the cheats in the first place. To get any mileage you'd have to have a lot of people using it, but you'll be caught if you spread it around. It's a bit of a catch 22.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
This is a depressing thing to read and, if true, makes me seriously reevaluate playing p99... ><
As others said, my post relates to 2009 era P99 - the first 1-3 months the server launched. The population was maybe 5% of what it is now, the GMs were just friends of the developers or developers themselves, and the server in general wasn't exactly professional (it couldn't even handle more than 100 players logged in on the first day, so you had to avoid zoning or you'd get kicked and be locked out for 10-30 minutes).

Things are different now.

I think P99 is in between the "everything is 100% legitimate" and "everything is 100% corrupt" posts above. The GMs do their hardest to enforce the rules and maintain a fair experience / raiding scene. Sometimes the decisions are a bit misguided, and maybe sometimes biased but the bias claims shift depending on the guild tag above the person you're talking to.

Of course people break the anti-hack to use MQ2 or ShowEQ or whatever. But that's maybe 0.1% of the population, instead of 90%+ like you'd see on any other emu server.

There's a reason the server is as popular as it is, it didn't happen by accident.

NotSure_sl

shitlord
Just started a wizard on here. If anyone wants to trade a wow 60 day code for items/plat let me know. Not that cloth armor isn't great. :p

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just started a wizard on here. If anyone wants to trade a wow 60 day code for items/plat let me know. Not that cloth armor isn't great. :p
You can get banned for that, fyi. No trades for money or anything worth money.

Just letting you know in case you're not familiar with the rules.

Frenzic

Lord Nagafen Raider
there are some P99 staff that read this forum, too.
Do they? Good they can suck my dick then!
smile.png

Fuckers banned me for no reason and when I asked my petition got deleted. Real stand up gms over there!

Rhuobhe

N00b
My friend started on blue and I've bee watching him play for he past 20 levels. 80% of the players don't have a clue how to play this game. Very classic

There is also a ton of discrimination vs hybrids. Play on Red!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Do they? Good they can suck my dick then!
smile.png

Fuckers banned me for no reason and when I asked my petition got deleted. Real stand up gms over there!
rogean posts here every once in awhile, and i know there are others that at least lurk.

Siliconemelons

My friend started on blue and I've bee watching him play for he past 20 levels. 80% of the players don't have a clue how to play this game. Very classic

There is also a ton of discrimination vs hybrids. Play on Red!
Maybe I am old, or just lazy... I don't know.. but on live with way less gear, way less guild power and support I was 100x the SK I am on p99- some is due to certain mechanics just not working like live...but I don't know...I really think its lazy... I was a really good SK on live... now I just have all the shiny toys. I have my on days...like that rare time I can just sit and play 100% I am insane SK- I can join a group and increase their kill rate 2-3x or more, or we happen to have a raid I know inside and out and can just contribute to the overall smoothness, speed and success of the raid... I guess its because whenever I play now I am distracted, working, kids etc..while back in 99 I was just focused on playing... maybe that's why most people suck :p or they suck...

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Everyone I know (3 people) that play R99 are stoned 365 days a year 12+ hours a day. I couldn't make it more than a week or two before quitting. Sobriety and R99 do not mix.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know I couldn't grind without having a six pack next to me. Nothing like getting black out drunk and waking up to a new item or level.
Man, my drunk EQ experience is pretty much the opposite of yours. I pretty much always wake up to find myself without my gear trying to figure out where I left my corpse. When I find it I usually discover I gave my a few pieces of gear away to some newb. I had to start cutting myself off when playing EQ.