Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor - release date 3/21/15

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'll be rolling soon. Working my schedule so I can sock hard for the event later this month.
make sure to get your client working ahead of time. can take a bit of work to get things running on some systems/connections.

uncognito

Trakanon Raider
make sure to get your client working ahead of time. can take a bit of work to get things running on some systems/connections.
This is the only thing stopping me from playing.. between this and the tapk server, which would be easier for me to get running on a crappy old windows laptop with wifi? i don't plan to box

Iance_sl

shitlord
They're both equally hard to set up, they use the same client/s. I don't really think it's all that complicated when you follow the instructions, and if you don't succeed you can always ask for some advice on the forums. People are usually quick to help out

Iance_sl

shitlord
redface.png

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
3 questions and thanks in advance:
1. anyone experience the issue with secret's client where you suddenly can't click anything on another monitor, like chrome?
2. is there a way to macro melee to get up close to the mob and attack? spell casting is pretty easy.
3. if possible can y'all share your leveling spots and guides - i really didn't play EQ so learning as I go.

Hosix

All labs matter!
1. I get that rarely and if I "alt tab" it seems to fix itself.
2. I only use the spell casting ones...not sure about one moving melee up close.
3. Field of Bone, kurns from 9 to 18, hhk gobs/sol a/unrest until 30's. Then solb/lower guk
until 50. Then pick a kunark zone and grind away. Early on I stick to zones with a high
ZEM.

Feel free to send tells to Hosix, Slowsix and Lucero. I will help however I can.

Iance_sl

shitlord
1. Not me
2. There is no way to macro moving into melee
3. I personally like to do West Freeport until 4, then Misty until 10 (Field of Bone if evil race), then head over to Kurns until like 20, then Unrest until like 30, after that I am a fan of Sol A (if you know the place). With the current ZEMs, you should try to hit Sol B as soon as possible (which would be in your mid 30s) and for as long as possible. That will get you to 55. After that the easiest place to grind to 60 is Karnor's Castle, Wakening Lands Geonids or Velketor's Labyrinth

Iance_sl

shitlord
Set your User Account Control to 1 setting lower, that usually is the culprit when tabbing out crashes the client

(press windows button, type in UAC, should bring up the setting)

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Thanks for the answers guys.

I am doing a Druid/Enchanter/Mage after reading a bunch of the forums. Although I am not sure if its what I really want, it seemed to be the only one laid out as a newbie friendly trio. Any other advice against or for this, I appreciate it.

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
I get like 3k packets with 45-50 ping which leads me to LD all the dang time. I've logged on nearly everyday for two solid weeks now and am only level 7. I get Dc'd for an hour and go watch TV or try and ask for buffs in ooc everyonce in a while to help between the LD's to get some levels but have not had any one respond to me.

/rantover

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I didn't get any help until my 20's, when I randomly ran into GG. Lots aren't so helpful. Some are. No one is going to give you plat/items/PL unless they're buddies, or it's me. I hand out plat as much as I can along with any items on me. I've been grindin' hard though, as I very luckily don't get any LD issues. It sounds like you have modem issues, which have been posted on a bit.

I hope you get everything sorted soon. Good luck on those levels.

I base my statements on my own experience. I received zero help, no one would even loan me a few hundred plat for spells with the offer of getting 3-5x what they loaned me back. I've made things happen and now have over 20k. I try to pass out 100-250 plat as often as I can now. Maybe I'll run into you!

Iance_sl

shitlord
I guess you have been unlucky. Over the course of the last 2 weeks I've given away about 20 stacks of Peridots, about 2 bags full of items and loads of buffs to new players. It's nice to see there are other people willing to give a helping hand to new people! All you can really do is set a good example and hope for the best!