Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor - release date 3/21/15

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The differences aren't 'petty'. I'll let you all try and guess which one of them sent me a hate filled (one of several he sent to Haynar and myself) PM to me which included these lines:

The public has no idea of the history between us, because if I outlined it all in a massive post, what inevitably results are "the drama turns us off to both servers" comments. So their narrative is the one that is believed.

Trust is absolutely required to work on a project like this. You can't just sign people up to work on your database without trusting them to both do a good job but also not to break (intentionally or otherwise) things; or worse, edit things in a way that favors them or their friends in-game.

Some people just can't get along with others.
While the differences and comments are by no means excusable or worth dealing with on a daily basis the actions are petty, immature and ridiculous. I don't care which side began throwing the poop at the other, the fact that people are so desperate for "power" or "authority" over others need to really put this in perspective. Regardless if it is P99, TAK, or P2002, people had the opportunity to do something nice, and yes this is nothing more than a nice gesture, have taken this way too far. It's not to say your work isn't difficult, frustrating, required skill, and personal time but the world will keep turning and this impacts a few hundred people out of the millions that play games. To think that personalities are so contrary and toxic over something like this is unbelievable. I worked in software for 5 years, I get it. I've been in a director's position for nearly 10 now, I get it but understand this between both camps (and even P99), you will always have to settle for mediocre results instead of something that could be really special among the people it matters to (again, probably not many but more than it is now) but you choose to act like idiots that exhaust your emotions and air your dirty laundry on forums so you will have to deal with small populations, forum fights, and a declining number of staff members as it becomes less worth their time.

**No offense to the level headed people that are involved on any and all of these projects as i'm sure there's more good people than bad in this but still frustrating to say the least.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm still trying to decide on a 3-Box combination.

I feel like I've played everything.

Maybe Wiz/Wiz/Wiz or Mag/Mag/Mag.

Fuck I don't know what to do.

Iance_sl

shitlord
PUG Growth armor farm - Project 2002

Tollen_sl said:
Open Plane Of Growth Armor farm

3-1-16 @ 8est pm

Meet at zone in tower in WL.
All armor will be /random off for those there. most mobs have short loot timer so don't plan on running an alt out to get anything rotting.

Project 2002 AllaClone :: NPC :: Farstride Unicorn
give you an idea of what can drop.

There is no druid/pali/ranger armor.

WARNING
Be advised this will ruin tree huger factions.

Mobs hit hard while 46 can zone in Recommend 50+ but I wont turn anyone away.
Voicechat for the event will be theP2002 Discord Server

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
you will always have to settle for mediocre results instead of something that could be really special
The reason why they can even push a semi-functional Velious is because TAKP staff (Cavedude) created automated tools to mass import data from AK. The tool generated SQL data from showEQ which created most of the NPCs in the game and set their locations. They were then given error riddled placeholder stats from Project EQ (EQEmu's default DB) and loot tables generated from magelo and also from PEQ. So the database P2002 copied from us already has every zone populated with the vast majority of NPCs. It's a simple matter of making NPCs move by targeting them in-game and hitting a macro on each waypoint. On top of that, many of the quest scripts already existed from Project EQ. This is how they are able to make zones seem functional in a short time frame, if you have little concern for accuracy.

To say that if we combined forces that something vastly superior than TAKP would exist is just wrong. At best, they could speed up content releases by filling in some of the simple quest scripts, but the quality certainly wouldn't be superior. Two of their staff were in our dev channel prior to the split. They were far more interested in playing the game than doing any work on it.

Iance_sl

shitlord
So, since my last attempt at diplomacy fell once again on deaf ears, looking for suggestions from the TAK staff next. What is your goal here. What does P2002 have to do before we can all play in peace again? Does everyone on the P2002 team have to retire from the game? Are we at least allowed to still play on the TLP or is that also off the table? P99 then? Anything on EQEMU at all? If we don't what's the next step? Calls to our employers to try and get us fired? Calls to the authorities?

Looking forward to your sincere replies - At this point we just want to be left alone or know what we are in for
smile.png

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
So, since my last attempt at diplomacy fell once again on deaf ears, looking for suggestions from the TAK staff next. What is your goal here. What does P2002 have to do before we can all play in peace again? Does everyone on the P2002 team have to retire from the game? Are we at least allowed to still play on the TLP or is that also off the table? P99 then? Anything on EQEMU at all? If we don't what's the next step? Calls to our employers to try and get us fired? Calls to the authorities?

Looking forward to your sincere replies - At this point we just want to be left alone or know what we are in for
smile.png
How about Iance just leaving us alone instead of provoking us constantly on P99, our own forums, and here? That's my only request. You do realize that all attempts at diplomacy failed because of you, right?

Can I pay you like $1k USD to go fix the Shards of Dalaya server? (It might take about 4 years)
I'll see what I can do.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
You guys can play wherever you want. The problem is confusing the player base by acting like your team / server is comparable in any way other than putting out broken content quickly.

Iance_sl

shitlord
Here is me not provocating anyone, and not confusing any players that P2002 is comparable to TAK in any way, may there be peace after all:

PUG Growth armor farm - Project 2002

Tollen_sl said:
Open Plane Of Growth Armor farm

3-1-16 @ 8est pm

Meet at zone in tower in WL.
All armor will be /random off for those there. most mobs have short loot timer so don't plan on running an alt out to get anything rotting.

Project 2002 AllaClone :: NPC :: Farstride Unicorn
give you an idea of what can drop.

There is no druid/pali/ranger armor.

WARNING
Be advised this will ruin tree huger factions.

Mobs hit hard while 46 can zone in Recommend 50+ but I wont turn anyone away.
Voicechat for the event will be theP2002 Discord Server

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
So I found the ZEM list on the forum. That helped me get an idea of where I want to go. I am in shade weaver thicket and spend most of the time running around looking for shit to kill. Is there a map that shows mob/xp spots?

Iance_sl

shitlord
In Shadeweaver on the Shar Vahl city side, it's mostly roamers, if you stay close to the PoK book they usually roam nearby, but there's the occasional high level alien making it's rounds, so be careful !

the eqatlas maps has a few landmarks,http://bithur.free.fr/fichiers/Shade...;s_Thicket.htm

The camps are all on the other side of the zone, theres some camps with undeads, some with aliens, some with poachers, but they are a bit higher level, gotta be at least level 7 or 8 if you wanna try and solo them. Also, most of them aren't single pulls. I personally go to WFP until I am level 3 or 4, lots of mobs, vendor in the zone, and it's a 10 meter walk from the PoK soulbinder to the WFP book, skellies and orcs drop small and medium cloth armor, and the rats drop plague rat tails which sell for around a plat each. After that, Misty is my favorite zone (rats are good cash, and there's plenty of them), and then once you hit 8 to 10 you can go back to Shadeweaver and kill Skellies and Brigands in the camps and caves.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
In Shadeweaver on the Shar Vahl city side, it's mostly roamers, if you stay close to the PoK book they usually roam nearby, but there's the occasional high level alien making it's rounds, so be careful !

the eqatlas maps has a few landmarks,http://bithur.free.fr/fichiers/Shade...;s_Thicket.htm

The camps are all on the other side of the zone, theres some camps with undeads, some with aliens, some with poachers, but they are a bit higher level, gotta be at least level 7 or 8 if you wanna try and solo them. Also, most of them aren't single pulls. I personally go to WFP until I am level 3 or 4, lots of mobs, vendor in the zone, and it's a 10 meter walk from the PoK soulbinder to the WFP book, skellies and orcs drop small and medium cloth armor, and the rats drop plague rat tails which sell for around a plat each. After that, Misty is my favorite zone (rats are good cash, and there's plenty of them), and then once you hit 8 to 10 you can go back to Shadeweaver and kill Skellies and Brigands in the camps and caves.
I did
Field of bone until 8 or 9, Kurns until 17-18. Unrest till about 24. then HHK goblins until 40...

It was super quick. will be 59 today and its looking like a 3 week trip to 60 for me.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I've grinded up to 50 on my 3 toons this past week. Did FoB > Kurns > Unrest/lil Loio > Overthere > City of Mist so far. Planning to live in Chardok / Seb soon.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I recommend SolB bats and bugs. It has a nice ZEM on this server and was solid until 55.

Seb is not as fun with a trio at that level as they have lots of HP and the casters can be no joke if under geared and under leveled which I assume you are if you have only been on the server a week(I still have bronze and small leather !!) a full group is another matter. I have yet to try Chardok but I do know its version 2.0 so some very sweet drops if you can get deep.

Good luck !

Iance_sl

shitlord
Sebilis is no joke, the casters, especially the wizards, can wreck you and fast. The wizards near the zone in are "only" Boks and have no Ice Comet, but they don't really need it to kill you
smile.png
Also, snare is required for Sebilis, even at the zone in. Or every shaman you pull will need to be dispelled (for SOW) and rooted so you don't get trains.

If purely for experience, Karnor's is the place to be (after Sol B). If you need to conserve your VS faction, you can go all the way to 60 in the basement, and nothing will flee at low health (the only mobs to run away at low health are the large drolvargs and the construct of sathir

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I got lucky and a Bracer of the Hidden dropped for me in Loio, so I kind of got a little gear on my warrior. I'm not planning to head to Seb til 55 or so, but I didn't even think of Sol B.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Waiting until 55 with velious gear available seems too late for Sebilis. I was doing it at 52 ranger tanking in kunark gear. At level 60 the entrance mobs are light blue half the time.